Golden Tate's hit on Sean Lee

a_minimalist

Reaction score
blackbull;4734471 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfM6VLqh95M

look at those soft Ravens. Losing 35-7 and letting Hines Ward destroy Ed Reed with no retaliation. Ravens would never let that happen! lol. Come back next week and blowout the Bucs and all of you are back with the kool aid grin on your face.

I love how you're still on your knees pleasuring Tate because of that hit. Sorry but I'm sure throughout the rest of that game the Ravens punished some other players. They don't need reasons to amp up the physicality, we on the other hand do. Just watch any Steelers/Ravens game. They trade big hits for big hits the whole time. No one lays down and let's the other team walk all over them.

Wipe off your chin, tell Tate you hope he enjoyed it and walk away from the thread because your posts have 0 credibility.

blackbull

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4734612 said:
I love how you're still on your knees pleasuring Tate because of that hit. Sorry but I'm sure throughout the rest of that game the Ravens punished some other players. They don't need reasons to amp up the physicality, we on the other hand do. Just watch any Steelers/Ravens game. They trade big hits for big hits the whole time. No one lays down and let's the other team walk all over them.

Wipe off your chin, tell Tate you hope he enjoyed it and walk away from the thread because your posts have 0 credibility.

Lol what? Tate is a bum. I'm sick of people acting like Dallas is so soft and no other top team ever got outfought or (punked). It's ridiculous.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lee got jacked up.

[YOUTUBE]bgxc0gdlPF4[/YOUTUBE]

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;4734130 said:
http://i841.***BLOCKED***/albums/zz332/everlastingdesigns/leehit.jpg

https://twitter.com/SportsSturm/status/247694075178913792

The comment yesterday that this was seen every game in HS football he watched as if that somehow justified this was disgusting. All it did was solidify that my son will never play football.

How can anyone look at this and not understand not only that this is illegal but why it is illegal.

Tate gave Lee an uppercut to the chin with his helmet. You can see where Lee's head gets turned to the side and his helmet pushed up at the faceguard. It is obvious to me that had his helmet came off in that then lower part of his face would have been a shattered mess. I guess its good that Lee wears his equipment properly.

Tate could have turned around punched to the body with his arms and body like they teach you. He still would have laid Lee out. Instead he got under him from the blindside and jumped up, ducking his head.

This fake internet machismo is pathetic.

Jenky

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;4734854 said:
The comment yesterday that this was seen every game in HS football he watched as if that somehow justified this was disgusting. All it did was solidify that my son will never play football.

How can anyone look at this and not understand not only that this is illegal but why it is illegal.

Tate gave Lee an uppercut to the chin with his helmet. You can see where Lee's head gets turned to the side and his helmet pushed up at the faceguard. It is obvious to me that had his helmet came off in that then lower part of his face would have been a shattered mess. I guess its good that Lee wears his equipment properly.

Tate could have turned around punched to the body with his arms and body like they teach you. He still would have laid Lee out. Instead he got under him from the blindside and jumped up, ducking his head.

Nah Tate would of gotten rocked if he tried to throw a legitimate block like that. Instead, he took a cheapshot and is getting applauded for it by half of the posters in this thread. Because when you're a 190 lb receiver vs a 250 lb linebacker, taking a cheapshot is the right thing to do. While you're at it, you may as well stick your leg out next time.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Everything about this hit was illegal. Don't get me wrong, I don't have issues with peel backs or even think they should be disallowed. I think they are part of the game but according to the rules, everything about this was illegal.

Lee was defenseless, according to the rules. Tate lead with the crown of the helmet which has been illegal for several seasons now, he went to the head which is illegal and he launched himself. All of these things are illegal.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
:laugh1:
ABQCOWBOY;4734895 said:
Everything about this hit was illegal. Don't get me wrong, I don't have issues with peel backs or even think they should be disallowed. I think they are part of the game but according to the rules, everything about this was illegal.

Lee was defenseless, according to the rules. Tate lead with the crown of the helmet which has been illegal for several seasons now, he went to the head which is illegal and he launched himself. All of these things are illegal.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Doomsay

Reaction score

Great find. Even at full speed it was obvious that there was some form of H-to-H contact by the way Lee's head snapped back. This internet macho stuff is laughable.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
blackbull;4734805 said:
Lol what? Tate is a bum. I'm sick of people acting like Dallas is so soft and no other top team ever got outfought or (punked). It's ridiculous.

I'll give you some credibility with this. I don't think anyone is assuming no other top team gets outfought or "punked" though. I just think people expected the Cowboys to do what they said they would since the beginning of the preseason. They had a very good opportunity to go up 2-0. It's not the end of the day but they played soft. It's a wake up call. This is so far off topic though. The topic is that it was an illegal hit/block, end of story.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score

Doomsay;4734957 said:
Great find. Even at full speed it was obvious that there was some form of H-to-H contact by the way Lee's head snapped back. This internet macho stuff is laughable.

So is the wussified stuff as well.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Hook'em#11;4735027 said:

When one doesn't have command of the rules, as you apparently don't, one should avoid making embarrassing statements like this.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Doomsay;4735045 said:
When one doesn't have command of the rules, as you apparently don't, one should avoid making embarrassing statements like this.

Understand the rules completely there chief. Just happen not to like half of the rules that are in place.

Embarrassed? Naw, not at all. Afterall, it wasn't me getting beat down by the Seahawks yesterday.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
McLovin;4735030 said:
Not saying he should have beaten him with a shoe but maybe something like .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNBkRJyDYM&feature=related

would have been more prideful

This is the kind of stuff we need to see out of the Cowboys. No punches need to be thrown but some pushing and getting in their face after they want to be tough guys doesn't hurt either. Then you go out looking to lay out some people or you can just keep letting your lunch money be taken.

ethiostar

Reaction score
In case it hasn't been posted.

http://i386.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo303/pumango/Goden-Tate.gif

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hook'em#11;4735027 said:

I fight with courage and honor. I do not try to do it on a message board with anything other than logic and intelligence as bravado is nothing but posturing.

People that speak of honor as cowardly know nothing of honor or courage.

wittenacious

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4734895 said:

Mike Pereira agrees with you, ABQ. Posted these tweets of his in another thread on the subject:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1488397487/image_normal.jpg Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

The hit on Lee is an illegal blindside block.
Lee is considered defenseless, which means
you can't lower your head & hit in head/neck
area.

3:31 PM - 16 Sep 12

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1488397487/image_normal.jpg Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

On a blindside block the player is defenseless
and you can't lead with your helmet no
matter where you hit him.

3:36 PM - 16 Sep 12

I would think so. RT @CamT6:
@MikePereira will golden tate get fined?

3:47 PM - 16 Sep 12

DavidAK

Reaction score
Zordon;4731543 said:
Deserved some retribution. Or at least someone getting fired up about it and letting them no that stuff will not fly.

I wish our team played with more emotion!
I've been saying it since I joined the forum. This team lacked that extra edge. That edge that lets the opposition know we are not to be messed with. To many nice guys. Don't twist my words with being a classless punk either. I'm just saying..Show some backbone.

fgoodwin

Reaction score
Check out this image from the FWST:

17Qx2a.St.58.jpeg

Tate did not leave his feet; he appears to lead with his shoulder not his head; although debatable, it does not appear to me to be a helmet-to-helmet hit -- he appears to get under Lee's facemask.

If Tate is fined I won't be surprised. But if he isn't fined, keep this picture in mind. I think a case can be made that the hit was not illegal.

hairic

Reaction score
fgoodwin;4736338 said:
Check out this image from the FWST:

http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2012/09/16/21/06/17Qx2a.St.58.jpeg

Tate did not leave his feet; he appears to lead with his shoulder not his head; although debatable, it does not appear to me to be a helmet-to-helmet hit -- he appears to get under Lee's facemask.

If Tate is fined I won't be surprised. But if he isn't fined, keep this picture in mind. I think a case can be made that the hit was not illegal.

http://imgur.com/a/Wjvry#0 (use left/right arrows).
http://imgur.com/a/QDMTR#0 (use left/right arrows).