Hey, Reality

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep and it didn't matter how many posts you had, the number of posts was more indicative of free time than loyalty, you had quality posts. In the last rendition of that site, I had almost 30K posts and I'd bet no more than 20% were actually about anything significant, just wasting time and screwing around and having fun most of the time.

I agree, Drew, it seems like a real slap in the face as I'd envisioned a couple of memories threads for posters to share and even some to make amends that have been across the fence for so long but they didn't care about us. Truth be told, we were a nuisance, a necessary evil that they accidentally created.

I've never had much respect for Booger but I have 0 now. I regret not sharing all the dirt I know about that old coot from Little Rock because my father-in-law was one of his primary bankers but I promised myself I would not bring up the past. Don't want mine brought up and he deserves the same right. But this total disregard for people that gave him thousands of hits and validation for his site is inexcusable. But not surprising.

All they had to do was post a shut down day/time and just give a little notice. I can only imagine the ones that didn't even get the chance to post because they'd cleared out after the season ended.
I'm not happy about it.

That place was a home to many of us, and we got booted w/ no fanfair.

20%? I think you misplaced your decimal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Thanks Coach. You summed it up nicely. I'm sad about it, but the bourbon and new place are pleasant. We'll make this our home and it'll be great. The people here seem great. Just a long long time listening to the same voices that's harshly and jarringly gone.

Hoping to see the Gipper soon with some Bacon.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not happy about it.

That place was a home to many of us, and we got booted w/ no fanfair.

20%? I think you misplaced your decimal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2%? Hey, I was better over there than I gave myself credit for. I was fudging so I wouldn't scare the Staff here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Coach. You summed it up nicely. I'm sad about it, but the bourbon and new place are pleasant. We'll make this our home and it'll be great. The people here seem great. Just a long long time listening to the same voices that's harshly and jarringly gone.

The Gip was the one that pointed me here when Nurse Ratched showed up. He also found the work around on the screwed up site, which might not have been by accident but design. Make us leave on our own.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bourbon? They gave you bourbon? They told me this was BYOB. In fact, I had to bring enough for all the Staff just to get in the gate. And these guys go top shelf.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Bourbon? They gave you bourbon? They told me this was BYOB. In fact, I had to bring enough for all the Staff just to get in the gate. And these guys go top shelf.

I'm sitting on a crate of bottom shelf and making good use of it!

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I would just like to express my thanks for giving us fans a place to get together. I've been a mod over there for years, and I'm well aware of how little thanks you get. Just want to let you know that we very much appreciate this place, and will do our darndest to make it even better. If you need anything from any of us at all, just let us know, we're here to contribute!

Look forward to seeing you around and chewin' the fat!!!

Much gratitude from this corner!!!!!!

KSK
why do you look like Rowdy?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

food-sizzling-bacon-today-160912-tease_8c27f42da307f2e9316b8011b8aa5eeb.jpg

Quickdraw

Reaction score

I'm surprised Otis allowed you to share his stock. You know how he gets with the mere mention of someone else's paws on his brew.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, KSK, you know your headline? You put that up on the old site and you'd be hip deep in BS.

I think the old forum hated that word worse than my wife did.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I gotta admit membership is @ 36,306 now and the last time I can verifiably recall checking on that 4-6 months ago it was hovering right around 35,100,, that is a substantial influx or uptick in membership.
You're welcome.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody with any class, anyway. I like 'em myself.
I used to hire them. I had more Eddie Haskell's than were allowed by law. I asked them to use only me as a reference in the interview just to add to my importance.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, KSK, you know your headline? You put that up on the old site and you'd be hip deep in BS.

I think the old forum hated that word worse than my wife did.
I remember that!!!

The problem was, the negative nancies incorrectly labeled themselves realists, even though that was the furthest thing from what they were!!!!!

The true realists mostly got drowned out by the squabbling between the Negative Nancies and the homers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I gotta admit membership is @ 36,306 now and the last time I can verifiably recall checking on that 4-6 months ago it was hovering right around 35,100,, that is a substantial influx or uptick in membership.
Quite a few of us have multiple personalities so that drove the count up. Don't let that encourage you about the length of my posts, all of mine are chatty.