I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Some of us aren't in Texas. lol

Hey, does watching a Japanese, subtitled Netflix drama series about a girl who had her body switched with someone else count as "culture"?
Do yourself a favor and watch The Wailing. Thank me later.

@Corso, have a wonderful evening with the Mrs :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Just got done watching Extinction. Wasn't bad at all.
If you’re on a foreign (Asian) film kick, The Wailing will leave you speechless. It’s Ringu-good. Probably better.

Haven’t heard of Extinction. Genre?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you’re on a foreign (Asian) film kick, The Wailing will leave you speechless. It’s Ringu-good. Probably better.

Haven’t heard of Extinction. Genre?
Sci fi on Netflix. Slammed Zero mentioned it in the Netflix/Amazon thread.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Sci fi on Netflix. Slammed Zero mentioned it in the Netflix/Amazon thread.
I’ll check it out.

Also, Blue is the Warmest Color is a top 5 all-time film for me, it’s French. The only film ever to win Palm d’Or for two lead actors. It used to be on Netflix, might still be. It’s devastating. I don’t know how much of a film buff you are Runny, but also Oslo, August 31st, The Hunt, Ida, and Two Days, One Night are a few amazing foreign films to check out.

There’s a whole bunch more, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

(Edit — called Ida “The Nun” — if you watch it, you’ll understand my error lol)

Last edited:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I can’t go in those movie threads.

The Act of Killing and The Look of Silence are grotesque, bizarre, psychedelic, sensational films. Oppenheimer is a genius. They used to be on Netflix, too. If you guys have a chance to catch either of these two (preferably both), jump on it.

All of the aforementioned films in my previous posts are 9/10-10/10

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Abdellatif Kechiche is a genius. He also worked his cast to death filming his masterpiece (Blue is the Warmest Color).

A Seperation and The Past are incredible Iranian films from Asghar Farhadi.

Under the Shadow (Iranian) is amazing, with allegories that hit home. A foreign The Babadook, if you will, just exploring different social themes. Both Horror/Suspense. The Babadook is English, tho.

All of these films are incredible, if any of you like foreign films (I can’t get enough when I’m on that kick)

Jiro Dreams of Sushi is brilliant, too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’ll check it out.

Also, Blue is the Warmest Color is a top 5 all-time film for me, it’s French. The only film ever to win Palm d’Or for two lead actors. It used to be on Netflix, might still be. It’s devastating. I don’t know how much of a film buff you are Runny, but also Oslo, August 31st, The Hunt, Ida, and Two Days, One Night are a few amazing foreign films to check out.

There’s a whole bunch more, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

(Edit — called Ida “The Nun” — if you watch it, you’ll understand my error lol)
I'm actually not a huge foreign film buff. I watched Switched not realizing it was subtitled at first. lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hahaha! Don't go, just don't expect me to be cultured....I thought I made that abundantly clear to Corso. :laugh::laugh::grin:
:)

I’m just being a jerk. I actually just started The Wailing, it’s been a year or more since I’ve seen it and just bringing it back up and seeing it still on Netflix has me amped.

I’m not cultured, either. Just relentless when I get into phases.

Y Tu Mama Tambien, Amores Perros, and Motorcycle Diaries are incredible, as well. Apocalypto is really fun, but less narration/dialogue/writing and more cinematography/editing/directing. Story is a bit weak, but a fun film, nonetheless.

I promise you, Runny, as averse as you may be to foreign film (subtitles), any of the films I’ve mentioned will be outliers for you... or you’re a lost cause :D

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
My last post tonight on the subject of foreign films. The Dardenne brothers are savants. Two Days, One Night is cut-through-your-heart sorrow. It’s perfection. Marion Cotillard is a freak of an actress. I listed her in that “best” actor thread. A few actors in these films I listed I posted in that actor thread. The Kid with a Bike is also heartbreaking, simple, direct, immaculate film making. Another Dardenne Bros. masterpiece.

Two Days, One Night is what Woody Allen wishes he could be, it’s what he’s always strived for and has never achieved (and I adore Woody Allen films, mostly).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:)

I’m just being a jerk. I actually just started The Wailing, it’s been a year or more since I’ve seen it and just bringing it back up and seeing it still on Netflix has me amped.

I’m not cultured, either. Just relentless when I get into phases.

Y Tu Mama Tambien, Amores Perros, and Motorcylce Diaries are incredible, as well.

I promise you, Runny, as averse as you may be to foreign film (subtitles), any of the films I’ve mentioned will be outliers for you... or you’re a lost cause :D
Thing is, usually when I watch movies or TV, I do it in an attempt to shut my brain off for a while. One of the side effects of driving alone all day is having too much time to think, so if I can just let my entertainment entertain me, it's more relaxing. As much as I liked Switched, I was tempted to turn it off, just because it was so much work to read it and watch it.....I even had to stop posting here, just so I didn't miss anything! ;)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thing is, usually when I watch movies or TV, I do it in an attempt to shut my brain off for a while. One of the side effects of driving alone all day is having too much time to think, so if I can just let my entertainment entertain me, it's more relaxing. As much as I liked Switched, I was tempted to turn it off, just because it was so much work to read it and watch it.....I even had to stop posting here, just so I didn't miss anything! ;)
I gotta check out this Switched and Extinction.

I hear you, brother. Foreign film isn’t for everyone. But if you do want to venture out — say you take a couple weeks off and get bored — my suggestions won’t disappoint. With that said, I totally get it, Runny, my brudda

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I gotta check out this Switched and Extinction.

I hear you, brother. Foreign film isn’t for everyone. But if you do want to venture out — say you take a couple weeks off and get bored — my suggestions won’t disappoint. With that said, I totally get it, Runny, my brudda
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Time for bed. Have a great night, Brother!

FineFan

Reaction score
DcwWjuS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.