If Dak signs a long term deal, does Lance seek a trade?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Good point, just as long as he shows something he's good
Better than anything else we have on the Roster at the moment for QB depth.
It will be more of a QB battle between Lance vs Rush in offseason 2024.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Better than anything else we have on the Roster at the moment for QB depth.
It will be more of a QB battle between Lance vs Rush in offseason 2024.
Yeah Lance has to win even for the sake of his young career

Chasing6

Reaction score
Feel how you feel. I'm not "delusional" because I disagree with you. I've seen teams trade for Sam Bradford. I've see teams trade for Josh Dobbs. Forgive me if I think someone would trade for Lance....
Those QB's played in college and HS.

Adreme

Reaction score
Those QB's played in college and HS.
They also had some successful NFL tape. For Bradford he kept getting injured but he had good NFL tape and Dobbs has game film that shows him to be a solid backup. Lance has none of that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He's not that removed from being the 3rd overall pick. Someone would trade for him.
He’s not far removed from being traded for a fourth round draft choice. No one will trade for him. Jerry Jones and the 49ers established his value when they executed the trade. Lance has done exactly nothing since the trade to increase his value to any team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He's never going to learn how to become a QB as a 3rd stringer on an NFL team. He needs to play
I don't disagree, but I've never been in a position to walk away from a million dollar salary. That doesn't feel like an easy decision.

It's too bad the NFL doesn't have a minor league system like most sports. Send Lance to the minors and let him play then call him up when he's ready.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't disagree, but I've never been in a position to walk away from a million dollar salary. That doesn't feel like an easy decision.

It's too bad the NFL doesn't have a minor league system like most sports. Send Lance to the minors and let him play then call him up when he's ready.
I am not saying he should walk away. Walking from $5M would crazy. However, he is never going to get a legit chance of being a starter without game time experience.

If you look at his history it is shocking how dumb of a decision it was for the Niners to not only draft him in the first round, but to also trade the farm to get him.

He played 9 games in HS and had 53 completions. Yes, only Nine not a typo. Only started 1 season in college. No way that is going to prepare him for the NFL. He choose to sit his last year of college and is now going into his 4th year in the NFL. So he has basically been sitting for the last 5 years.

If this is truly what he wants to do and wants an opportunity to start, he needs to play Arena Ball, in Canada, or the USFL in 2025 and get some experience.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s not far removed from being traded for a fourth round draft choice. No one will trade for him. Jerry Jones and the 49ers established his value when they executed the trade. Lance has done exactly nothing since the trade to increase his value to any team.
Who said his value got increased? The question is would someone trade for him….

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
If we sign Dak we are in trouble long term. We will get more of the same which is get into the playoffs, at best win one and then be done.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did I miss something? As did Lance lol. Are you ok?
Really. Look up their stats.

Lances played 9 games in HS(only 53 completions) Was not good enough to start until a Senior. Had no offers coming out of HS. Went to college camps, and his position was changed for QB to athlete. Schools tried to move him to DB.

Only started 1 season in college. Stats not very good with low level competition.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What would be the point of Lance wanting to stay?? Please give your thoughts
how could he seek a trade? he has no value. he is 3rd stringer. we paid the highest draft pick for him which was a 4th. he has no say. Lance is a nothing right now. his old team traded a bunch of picks to move to get him and then dumped him after 2 years.

on top of that Lance is under contract for one more year. what's the value? his 5th year option is 25M.

he better show he is the future in preseason next year or he will unceremoniously get dumped by the cowboys and he can sign anywhere.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
its
I've said it all along...

What a stupid trade and waste of a much needed 4th round pick Jerry made!

:mad: :banghead:
like Jerry scatter shoots moves. lets trade a 4th for Lance. he might be the future and at the same time lets extend Dak. his moves make no sense. but on the other hand, how many Lance jersey's has he sold already?

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Lance isn't the backup QB next year with this club, then he's not a player to build around..
Pretty sure the Niners announced that to the world already. Especially when the team was already in place around him day 1. There was no reason to build anything around him.