If Dak struggles like he did in 2019, how long before Dalton steps in?

irishline

Reaction score
Is it true that in the last 2 seasons that mahomes has only played 7 teams with winning records. And is 3-4..

Well he is 4-1 in the playoffs the last two years and those games had to be against teams with winning records, so I am going to have to go with no it isn't true.

Cut the bum! LOL

See above.

PS - before I get flamed, this post has nothing to do with Dak. Just pointing out that the above assumption is not accurate.

Last edited:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Last year was not 2017.
Dak didn't really have any long, extended periods of JAG play.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
You must have been watching the game from an upside down position.
Dak never had the Cowboys close, and he choked under pressure and threw an interception directly to a pass rusher.

They were up 21-20 with 7:08 left in the 3rd quarter. His ONLY INT was a Hail Mary on the last play of the game. Not sure what version of this game you watched.............you might wanna get BACK in the DeLorean and fix your time line - you are living in a alternate universe according to your recollections form this game.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I don't get it, if so many people on here think of @leeblair as a troll, why do you even click on his threads? And then after clicking, taking the time to write paragraphs defending your stance? Seriously, if you consider him a troll why go through all that effort?

Lee has history going back to another board and a lot of people are bothered by him. Me? I take him for what he is, he likes to turn people's dials and you guys play right into what he wants. You're actually making him happy while you are ticked off. He's no dummy by any means. Risen used to do the same thing and folks would go nuts. It's like opening a door, throwing in a grenade and walking away. Only difference is Lee replies to the comments where Risen would I guess just sit back and chuckle.

I don't think he's a bad guy at all, I've even agreed with him maybe once or twice. There are two posters on here now that I never click on their threads because I know in my opinion they will be a waste of time for me to read and are generally looking to do the same that Lee does. I don't think either of them are bad guys either, just not my thang.

Sorry for the novel, my afternoon meds are kicking in.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak did not play well vs good teams in 2019. If he plays under the tag, the Cowboys are not bound to him long term.
At what point do you think he would be pulled?
I think that Dalton would get a shot if the Cowboys struggle to a .500 mark after 8 games, or if the Cowboys were to go into a three game losing streak early in the season.
How much leeway do you think McCarthy will give him if he is struggling?

If you had any credibility left, which you don't, you lost the rest of it when you said that Dak struggles last year.

You struggle with yourself I think. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dak made you look dumb last year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well he is 4-1 in the playoffs the last two years and those games had to be against teams with winning records, so I am going to have to go with no it isn't true.

See above.

PS - before I get flamed, this post has nothing to do with Dak. Just pointing out that the above assumption is not accurate.
It maybe only counting regular season games.. Not sure myself.

irishline

Reaction score
It maybe only counting regular season games.. Not sure myself.

Could be but any QB who has reached the leauge championship game twice and wins a superbowl in those two years kind of gets a pass on the 3-4. And to be technical, if true about the 3-4 regular season, he still went 7-5 over the last two "seasons".

conner01

Reaction score
Dak did not play well vs good teams in 2019. If he plays under the tag, the Cowboys are not bound to him long term.
I think that Dalton would get a shot if the Cowboys struggle to a .500 mark after 8 games, or if the Cowboys were to go into a three game losing streak early in the season.
Dalton will be carrying a clipboard on Sunday’s

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He played poorly against winning teams and went 1-6 . An alarming stat for a QB of the dallas Cowboys .

Facts are facts but what factor did scheme and coaching play in those losses? I do know even top 5 QB records against winning teams hover around 50/50 which would be considered very good. Dak is around 43% though has been trending down the last 2 year's. I'm not opposed to Dak playing the year under the tag, but we lost a lot of close games that perhaps better coaching can fix.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only injury would keep Dak from playing.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

First please list all of the games that Cowboys didn't win that in those games there weren't any dropped passes especially on 3rd down or Elliott had one of his 6 subpar games of 60 yards or less including 1 for 35 yards on 18 carries or the games where the defense din't stop the other team's offense until they got to midfield or past or all of the games that the special teams were very bad. Other than that I suggest that IF, that huge word IF, Prescott gets where he has oh say 16 TD's but 14 picks maybe they could look to Dalton. But wait, that's exactly what Dalton did last season so why switch to Dalton.

The Prescott haters will never stop trying to push their agenda. I think they secretly think that Jerry reads these boards and finally gets convinced to do what the Prescott haters want.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First please list all of the games that Cowboys didn't win that in those games there weren't any dropped passes especially on 3rd down or Elliott had one of his 6 subpar games of 60 yards or less including 1 for 35 yards on 18 carries or the games where the defense din't stop the other team's offense until they got to midfield or past or all of the games that the special teams were very bad. Other than that I suggest that IF, that huge word IF, Prescott gets where he has oh say 16 TD's but 14 picks maybe they could look to Dalton. But wait, that's exactly what Dalton did last season so why switch to Dalton.

The Prescott haters will never stop trying to push their agenda. I think they secretly think that Jerry reads these boards and finally gets convinced to do what the Prescott haters want.

Dak has done an excellent job confirming to Jerry he is not worth the risk of a long term deal!
We really don't need to help at this point.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dak has done an excellent job confirming to Jerry he is not worth the risk of a long term deal!
We really don't need to help at this point.

And of course you know that's exactly what Jones is thinking because of all of the long in depth conversations you've had with him and that is why you can say as a matter of fact that all the hatred for Prescott means nothing. How long has this close friendship with Jones been for? Did he originally contact you or did you contact him?

tm1119

Reaction score

Get a life loser

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And of course you know that's exactly what Jones is thinking because of all of the long in depth conversations you've had with him and that is why you can say as a matter of fact that all the hatred for Prescott means nothing. How long has this close friendship with Jones been for? Did he originally contact you or did you contact him?
Money talks and Dak crazy talk walks.
NO LONG TERM DEAL for Dak....as only talent usually gets the big bucks!!!!