If you had it to do all over with Romo and Dak in 2016

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Going back to 2016.

Even though Romo probably would have crumbled on the next sack he took, a part of me will always wonder what would have happened if Romo had been given a chance to gain his starting job back during the second half of the 2016 season.

Not saying that there was a chance in hell of that ever happening, but I do believe that if Romo had gotten the opportunity and if he could somehow have stayed healthy for the rest of the season, I do somehow believe he would have taken the Cowboys to the SB.

Something about that one series drive he had against the Eagles that made it look too easy. He looked like he was playing golf.

Knowing now that Dak was going to become just an above average QB, any regrets for not giving Romo one last shot?

Romo would not have sniffed a Super Bowl that year. Besides, I don't trust any man who is too ashamed to use his real name.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t believe Romo in 2016 was as good as Romo in 2014.
Umm…this is just your bias talking because there’s nothing to compare against since he didn’t play in 2016. And even if he wasn’t as good he was playing so good in 2014 he was in the MVP conversation. He and Dez were also cheated out of a probable championship game appearance.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They got Him out of the Game to prevent a QB controversy
There was already a controversy to some. They got him out so he wouldn't get hurt. He hadn't even played a whole game in who remembers when. I was getting tired of seeing him get hurt. Every time he got hit you had to hold your breath hoping he'd get up.

Reactions: G2

nobody

Reaction score
They think Romo could play corner too for some reason.

Careful with that "they" :)

I said I supported Dak in there and wouldn't have changed to Romo. It's just a fact that the defense typically rolled over when it mattered most. Let's hope that changes.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Umm…this is just your bias talking because there’s nothing to compare against since he didn’t play in 2016. And even if he wasn’t as good he was playing so good in 2014 he was in the MVP conversation. He and Dez were also cheated out of a probable championship game appearance.

No they weren't.

Reactions: G2

nobody

Reaction score
The problem is that neither guy has done jack in the playoffs, just look at their career playoff records...........disappointing.:(

Romo....................2-4 career playoff record.
Dak.......................1-3 career playoff record.

That's a disservice....because a QB can only do so much. If the rest of the team stinks it up, there's not much the QB can do. It was not a playoff game, but the perfect example of a QB being close to perfect and it not mattering because the defense lost the game was the Cowboys Broncos game where Romo put up 48 points.

Could the QB's have done better in the playoff games they played in? Sure. Most of their performances were good though. Dak's last playoff game he wasn't very good and Romo's playoff game against the Vikings wasn't very good. Both had O-lines in those games that didn't hardly protect. Surely that contributed a little. And nevermind the defense always failing to make stops when it matters most. You can't just take the final scores into consideration.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I thought the "Dak has ruined this team" thread (now in the OT zone) was the silliest I've seen here, but this one may actually top it.

I'm not going to repeat the reasons why. Some things just don't penetrate feelz, no matter how often they're said. Enjoy the fantasy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not my bias. It’s a fact that he sucked the time he did play in 2015…

Reactions: Ken

Cowfan75

Reaction score
The real do-over I want is the Cooper trade. Dude is already history, and he saved our season that year, leading to Dak becoming the future. Thanks for nothing.

Ken

Reaction score
You do realize that Romo had 5 tds and 7 ints in 2015 before getting hurt, right?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly my point fak put up over 30 points and still lost. Unless romo played on defense or was a referee it didn't matter which qb played in 2016.
And there it is. We are sitting here arguing about nothing. The swap hasn't made one bit of difference.

I do think there is some debate about 2016. I, and many others, are not convinced Romo got a fair shot to return to his job. That happens. But out of superstition? (I still have trouble with that!). Dak got to prove he couldn't do it, Romo got the bench and then the boot, I mean booth.

At the end of the day (up to now)...we still have nothing. :(

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah but as many times as Romo had hurt his back It was becoming painful to watch him take a hit wondering if he is ok.
Again...I have to mention...Dak finally gave romo weeks and months to fully heal. Romo wanted to play, proved he could. And still got benched.

And if Tony did get hurt, ya put Dak back in. What's the problem?

NotForLong

Reaction score
Yeah but as many times as Romo had hurt his back It was becoming painful to watch him take a hit wondering if he is ok.
Awwwww you love Tony more then me . . . Now I feel guilty for being selfish and wanting him to lead this team to a Championship

You are right Jerry & Jason had to save Tony from himself . . Tony was careless . . . And Jerry & Jason are unsung Heroes

Thank you Jerry for saving Tony's Life

NotForLong

Reaction score
And there it is. We are sitting here arguing about nothing. The swap hasn't made one bit of difference.

I do think there is some debate about 2016. I, and many others, are not convinced Romo got a fair shot to return to his job. That happens. But out of superstition? (I still have trouble with that!). Dak got to prove he couldn't do it, Romo got the bench and then the boot, I mean booth.

At the end of the day (up to now)...we still have nothing. :(
Thats the purpose of this thread to see who were the idiots who wanted the Rookie and to see who to this day will not admit it was the dumbest decision in Football . . . ever

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Thats the purpose of this thread to see who were the idiots who wanted the Rookie and to see who to this day will not admit it was the dumbest decision in Football . . . ever
No matter what happens with Dak going forward it was the right decision then and always will be.

NotForLong

Reaction score
2016 Romo couldn't take NFL hits anymore. His career was ended by a routine pre-season hit.
Routine? He was sliding in a preseason game and the dirty scum bag Seahawks fell on Him in a terrible angle . . . What is wrong with you?