Is It Just Me Or Is Stephon Gilmore Just Average At Best

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right. Funny how when Bland was getting eaten alive last week they switched Gil over to Metcalf and he did nothing after the first half. He may not have the speed anymore, but the dude is a technician. Taught by the best defensive coordinator in NFL history. BB
Yeah and I would argue that his weakness never really gets exposed because of how fast QBs have to get rid of the ball against us because of how good our rush is.

Gilmore is awesome. If he wants to play another year for us let him . No brainer.

People over reactions to corners getting beat or having bad games is ridiculous.

The league is designed to make corners look awful.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah and I would argue that his weakness never really gets exposed because of how fast QBs have to get rid of the ball against us because of how good our rush is.

Gilmore is awesome. If he wants to play another year for us let him . No brainer.
Yep. Put Bland back in the slot and it’s really scary. Sucks we lost Diggs. This thing would be scary with another stud LB and him back next year

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yep. Put Bland back in the slot and it’s really scary. Sucks we lost Diggs. This thing would be scary with another stud LB and him back next year
Losing diggs has been a blessing in disguise in some aspects.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
PFF grades him at 70.9 Targeted 60 times and 30 receptions against him. NFL stats show 9 passes defended for the year. He lines up so far off the ball I feel receivers have a good chance at receptions. Every game once or twice I tell my wife "watch, #21 will blow this for Dallas" - and he does. Obviously he used to be a premier CB and I have no idea how he performs during the week in practice or when the game cameras don't show him on a play. Am I kinda clueless here?
Yes you are.
He has lost a little speed and agility, but he is an extremely smart player. Still an above average starting CB. I am glad we have him!

coult44

Reaction score
PFF grades him at 70.9 Targeted 60 times and 30 receptions against him. NFL stats show 9 passes defended for the year. He lines up so far off the ball I feel receivers have a good chance at receptions. Every game once or twice I tell my wife "watch, #21 will blow this for Dallas" - and he does. Obviously he used to be a premier CB and I have no idea how he performs during the week in practice or when the game cameras don't show him on a play. Am I kinda clueless here?
Do y’all just go through your days trying to figure out how to troll the fan base that for some strange and dumb reason you are apart of?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He is no spring chicken. That’s the issue. Father Time is undefeated.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It is just you. Gilmore is still a good NFL cornerback. Maybe he isn’t as good as he once was. But he’s as good once as he ever was.

J12B

Reaction score
Great post lmao

erod

Reaction score
Just you.

coult44

Reaction score
I’d say “kinda clueless”