Twitter: Jalen Hurts could be out against Cowboys

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Usually, that is good news, but this team allows backups to excel. We will see in a few days.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the big reasons our defense stink right now is because of poor play by Joseph. You are nuts thinking starting Joseph over Diggs and Keanu Neal over Parson is a better defense.

If anything, Minshew might do better because he has better team this year but you are wrong saying Minshew will faced a worse defense this year than the one he faced last year. Half of the starters from our defense either didn't play or had limited snaps last year.

I don't believe Joseph played against the Packers. I have seen Diggs give up long catches and TD's, but nothing from the fanbase.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is gamesmanship. They know they will likely play us in round 2 and they don’t want to give us an opportunity to get more tape on them. We should rest our starters too and play Cooper Rush, James Washington, and Bossman. See you in the playoffs.

You think we are going to see Philly in the playoffs, LOL

Bro, we just lost to the sorry arse Jags that were 0-20 against the NFC and that comes a week after needing a last second FG to beat the team that is going to have the number one overall pick.

This team aint making it to the second round bro, so there is not going to be any showdown with Philly.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Be funny, at least for me, if Hurts plays and they sit Parsons.....all that talk for nada....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This game means nothing to the Eagles but if the Cowboys lose to a backup and even if we win then we only beat a backup in a game the Eagles don't care about anyway. That's what happens when you look ahead. Beat them in the playoffs. that's all that matters.

We will never face Philly in the playoffs because they will have a bye week.

We lost to the sub 500 Jags and almost lost to the 1 win Texans, but everybody thinks we are just going to cruise right past Brady and the Bucs in round 1 like its an auto win, LOL

Tampa kicked or arse week 1 and they are going to kick our arse in round 1 as well, old man Brady at 75 yrs old is going to stomp a mud hole in the Cowboy's arse and walk it dry.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Reading that Minshew missed practice today to attend Mike Leach’s memorial. Mike Leach was a great man, but, If you were a back up quarterback planning on playing the following weekend on nationally broadcast Christmas Eve game, would you miss practice? I think the Eagles plan on starting Hurts.

Carson

Reaction score
You think we are going to see Philly in the playoffs, LOL

Bro, we just lost to the sorry arse Jags that were 0-20 against the NFC and that comes a week after needing a last second FG to beat the team that is going to have the number one overall pick.

This team aint making it to the second round bro, so there is not going to be any showdown with Philly.
Why wouldn’t they? They likely go to either Tampa or Carolina. Both are 5,6 win teams.

SF likely blows out Washington, NY or seatte.

Minnesota should win.

That would put us in Philly in round 2

Carson

Reaction score
Reading that Minshew missed practice today to attend Mike Leach’s memorial. Mike Leach was a great man, but, If you were a back up quarterback planning on playing the following weekend on nationally broadcast Christmas Eve game, would you miss practice? I think the Eagles plan on starting Hurts.
Real Life > Football

Zman5

Reaction score
The defense we fielded last year in the season finale against the Eagles only gave up 186 yards passing to Gardner Minshew and we had an INT and that was despite not having Diggs and Parsons on the field. The biggest issue in that game was our inability to stop the run. Philly had 149 yards rushing in that game. We were 16th last season against the run and are currently 25th against the run and dropping. I believe our defense is worse off now heading into the second game against Philly than it was last year heading into the second game against Philly. We’re worse against the run and we’ve gotten even worse with Hankins and LVE out. Can you not see that Parsons hasn’t been as effective lately as he was all of last season and early this season? Although Diggs has played solid all season he doesn’t have near as many INT’s as last season.

If we struggle against Philly’s fourth ranked rushing offense all Minshew will have to do is manage the game. With Hankins and LVE out we’re bound to have problems stopping the run. We were having issues at corner when Anthony Brown was playing. He was having a pretty rough year giving up plays down the field when he went down with his injury. He was clearly better last season. When you look at the struggles Brown was having we’re not that much worse off with Joseph and the other scrubs at that position. It’s been mostly injuries that are killing our defense along with opponents figuring out how to neutralize Parsons. Sam Williams who was looking pretty good early has also disappeared lately. He had a costly penalty against Jacksonville.

You made dumb statement and now you are reaching. What they did last year means nothing to this discussion because we don't know how the defense will play come Saturday. They could give up 100 yards to Minshew and get 10 INTS or give up 500yards and 10 TDs. Which defense is better can only be determined right now by the players that will be in the game. And to say that the defense last year was better than this year based on personnel, you either have to be on drugs or have no clue when it comes to football.

Last year's defensive starters with Gregory only playing 10 snaps and DLaw only playing 29 snaps.

Carlos Watkins/Trysten Hill DT
DeMarcus Lawrence DE
Randy Gregory / Basham DE
Neville Gallimore DT
Leighton Vander Esch LB
Keanu Neal LB
Luke Gifford LB
Nahshon Wright CB
Jourdan Lewis CB
Kelvin Joseph CB
Damontae Kazee S
Malik Hooker S

This year's defensive starters.

DeMarcus Lawrence DE
Dante Fowler/Sam Williams DE
Neville Gallimore DT
Osa/Bohana DT
Anthony Barr LB
Micah Parsons LB
Damon Clark LB
Nahshon Wright CB
Daron Bland CB
Stephon Diggs CB
Jayron Kease S
Malik Hooker S

ryanbabs

Reaction score
when did the eagles go to their 8th super bowl and win their 5th?

cowboy fans defending the eagles.
coach landry...forgive them...they know nothing of our history.
According to Cowboy haters, the Super Bowls started in 2000. Omit all previous history.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't believe Joseph played against the Packers. I have seen Diggs give up long catches and TD's, but nothing from the fanbase.

He had 41 snaps (64%) vs GB. A Brown went out with a concussion early in the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You made dumb statement and now you are reaching. What they did last year means nothing to this discussion because we don't know how the defense will play come Saturday. They could give up 100 yards to Minshew and get 10 INTS or give up 500yards and 10 TDs. Which defense is better can only be determined right now by the players that will be in the game. And to say that the defense last year was better than this year based on personnel, you either have to be on drugs or have no clue when it comes to football.

Last year's defensive starters with Gregory only playing 10 snaps and DLaw only playing 29 snaps.

Carlos Watkins/Trysten Hill DT
DeMarcus Lawrence DE
Randy Gregory / Basham DE
Neville Gallimore DT
Leighton Vander Esch LB
Keanu Neal LB
Luke Gifford LB
Nahshon Wright CB
Jourdan Lewis CB
Kelvin Joseph CB
Damontae Kazee S
Malik Hooker S

This year's defensive starters.

DeMarcus Lawrence DE
Dante Fowler/Sam Williams DE
Neville Gallimore DT
Osa/Bohana DT
Anthony Barr LB
Micah Parsons LB
Damon Clark LB
Nahshon Wright CB
Daron Bland CB
Stephon Diggs CB
Jayron Kease S
Malik Hooker S

It was a dumb statement to you because you’re just looking to argue. There is no reaching I’m just giving you my opinion based on what I’m seeing. We have more holes on this defense than we did last year when we faced Philly in the season finale and we don’t have near the offense we had. Our offense was ranked number one overall last season. Our passing offense was ranked number two and it’s currently ranked 17th. We were able to pull starters during the game last year against Philly, because Dak and his receivers were lighting it up, If you couldn’t see all the holes against Jacksonville on Sunday you must be in denial. We couldn’t protect a 17 point lead. The Jags had almost 200 yards on the ground and over 300 yards in the air and they were a 5 win team coming in. We’re having issues on offense and defense. You could hear the concern in Jerry’s voice on the radio today saying we’re going to use the last three games to try and get better. He knows the team is headed for another one and done in the playoffs. He’s seen this movie before.

DStar22

Reaction score
well this is what is damn disappointing. Now here we are with the perfect possibility of the eagles losing 2, but instead of it meaning something about giving us HFA, it's all meaningless.

and all because we could not: defend a 17 point lead/run on third down to get rid of their last time out/move the ball down the field in OT to score.

oh well.

Zman5

Reaction score
It was a dumb statement to you because you’re just looking to argue. There is no reaching I’m just giving you my opinion based on what I’m seeing. We have more holes on this defense than we did last year when we faced Philly in the season finale and we don’t have near the offense we had. Our offense was ranked number one overall last season. Our passing offense was ranked number two and it’s currently ranked 17th. We were able to pull starters during the game last year against Philly, because Dak and his receivers were lighting it up, If you couldn’t see all the holes against Jacksonville on Sunday you must be in denial. We couldn’t protect a 17 point lead. The Jags had almost 200 yards on the ground and over 300 yards in the air and they were a 5 win team coming in. We’re having issues on offense and defense. You could hear the concern in Jerry’s voice on the radio today saying we’re going to use the last three games to try and get better. He knows the team is headed for another one and done in the playoffs. He’s seen this movie before.

It was dumb because it would be dumb to anyone to suggest the defense is better with Joseph and Neal instead of Diggs and Parsons. And that's only part of it. We mainly played the backups last year against Minshew for most of the game. Those backups are not better than the starters this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It was dumb because it would be dumb to anyone to suggest the defense is better with Joseph and Neal instead of Diggs and Parsons. And that's only part of it. We mainly played the backups last year against Minshew for most of the game. Those backups are not better than the starters this year.

You’re twisting what I said. Lol I never said the defense was better with Joseph and Neal instead of Parsons and Diggs. I said the defense we had heading into the season finale against Philly last year was probably better than the defense we currently have right now. Do you think not having Parsons and Diggs against Philly’s backups last season left bigger holes than the gaping holes we have without Hankins and LVE? Jacksonville could’ve had 250+ rushing yards had they not had so much success throwing the ball. Not having Parsons and Diggs in the season finale last season didn’t play a factor.

We only gave up 185 yards passing and we had an INT. Philly had their biggest success running the ball against us for 149 yards. We were better against the run last year statistically than we have been this year and now we’ve lost two of our best run defenders. Jerry said on the radio that losing LVE played a big part in our inability to contain the run last Sunday. Philly ranks 4th in rushing and if we can’t contain the run it won’t matter who their QB is on Saturday night.

Zman5

Reaction score
You’re twisting what I said. Lol I never said the defense was better with Joseph and Neal instead of Parsons and Diggs. I said the defense we had heading into the season finale against Philly last year was probably better than the defense we currently have right now. Do you think not having Parsons and Diggs against Philly’s backups last season left bigger holes than the gaping holes we have without Hankins and LVE? Jacksonville could’ve had 250+ rushing yards had they not had so much success throwing the ball. Not having Parsons and Diggs in the season finale last season didn’t play a factor.

We only gave up 185 yards passing and we had an INT. Philly had their biggest success running the ball against us for 149 yards. We were better against the run last year statistically than we have been this year and now we’ve lost two of our best run defenders. Jerry said on the radio that losing LVE played a big part in our inability to contain the run last Sunday. Philly ranks 4th in rushing and if we can’t contain the run it won’t matter who their QB is on Saturday night.

That's not what you said This is what you said.

KJJ said:
Just a reminder Gardner Minshew and the rest of Philly’s backups put up 26 points on our starting defense last season. That was probably a better defense than he’ll be facing on Christmas Eve.

And as I pointed out that is complete nonsense. The defense Minshew faced last year were mostly backups and the key starters only played limited snaps. The defense he will face this weekend is better because it will be starters playing majority snaps. Starters like Diggs, Parsons, Kearse, Clark, Fowler or Sam Williams that didn't play last year against the EaGirls.
And unless he gets injured, DLaw will be playing more than 29 snaps like he did last year.