Jerry Jones Discusses Contracts and the Salary Cap

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Interpreting this, he sounds like said he paid a couple of contracts too early, meaning rewarded them for play they didn’t earn. This is stated at 1:59 and this is in the context of a question related specifically about Dak, so in a round-about way, I think he’s specifically referring to him and his extension.

That being said, the more I hear this man talk, the more I hate him.

Everyone Hates to hear from jerry, but they still listen. The joke is on YOU!! Lol

bandfan

Reaction score
I actually agree to an extent with the duo with Janes question.

Back in 2015 Bryant and Thomas were both in that same cat and mouse with their respective front offices.
Once the first one signed, then the 2nd was quickly after.

It's clear that Jefferson and Lamb are trying to reset the market. Neither agent wants to go in too quickly, especially since pads don't come on till July and there's time for the front office to blink.

This isn't Madden to the extent where it's the offseason and you can offer an extension and then simulate to the next week to see if it was accepted or not. France may be dragging it out for the sake of dragging it out. Clearly, the front office isn't chasing/being aggressive in trying to secure a deal but to me it doesn't seem like the agents want to get their client re-signed asap and the Jones duo is not answering the phone.
If agents were paid fees instead of percentages you would be amazed how fast contracts got setteled...

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL and Amon St Brown just signs what looks like the largest contract in NFL history for a WR from a guaranteed money standpoint and tied Hill for largest AAV in NFL history for a WR.

But sure, let's just keep waiting to work Lamb.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Remember when the Seattle Seahawks playoff loss was just too heart breaking and bill parcels had to walk away,@?

I think this pakers loss was that for jerry. That one hurt. Maybe the worst game in team history. He’s co fused and doesn’t even know how to operate.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Whats funny is after almost 30 years of this nonsense, you still try to defend these morons and act like everyone else are the crazy ones.
what is crazy, is that after all this stuff happening over and over around the league you think it is only the Cowboys that face these issues.

When we lose CeeDee and Dak... you let me know.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
what is crazy, is that after all this stuff happening over and over around the league you think it is only the Cowboys that face these issues.

When we lose CeeDee and Dak... you let me know.
I want to lose Dak .......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL and Amon St Brown just signs what looks like the largest contract in NFL history for a WR from a guaranteed money standpoint and tied Hill for largest AAV in NFL history for a WR.

But sure, let's just keep waiting to work Lamb.
You can’t even make this stuff up lol….not even a full 24 hours pass and they look like even more morons…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Please tell me exactly what he said that was so arrogant. That he has a handle on the cap and where it is going more than most? Is that arrogant or factual?
That people on the outside (he didnt say this exactly) but people on the outside that have never been involved in these kind of deals dont know as much about doing these deals as they do??? again, thats factual.
I typically agree with you on things but Jerry just looks like a babbling fool and I’m concerned for this teams present and future.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good luck. Amon St Brown just signed. You see how stupid this approach is now or are you found to wait until Jefferson signs to see it?
I could give a rat's behind. If I was Jerry, I would refuse to pay top overall pay to any player. If they don't like it, they can start skipping.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
In what way?

Elliott should never have been extended but that was a positional thing - never sign RBs to big deals. But Lamb absolutely should be extended (unless they are secretly planning on tearing this thing down completely).
Perfect example - needs to be treated as an exception not the rule. You don't hand out extensions to a guy because he's "our guy."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I could give a rat's behind. If I was Jerry, I would refuse to pay top overall pay to any player. If they don't like it, they can start skipping.
Wait.

In 2013, Jerry Jones signed Tony Romo to a six-year contract extension worth $108 million, $55 million guaranteed, and a $25 million signing bonus. Some people argued against it.

In 2021, Jerry Jones signed Dak Prescott to a four-year contract extension worth $160 million, $126 million guaranteed, and a $66 million signing bones. Some people argued against it.

What qualifies as 'top overall pay' at the quarterback position in your opinion?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait.

In 2013, Jerry Jones signed Tony Romo to a six-year contract extension worth $108 million, $55 million guaranteed, and a $25 million signing bonus. Some people argued against it.

In 2021, Jerry Jones signed Dak Prescott to a four-year contract extension worth $160 million, $126 million guaranteed, and a $66 million signing bones. Some people argued against it.

What qualifies as 'top overall pay' at the quarterback position in your opinion?
The contract that most affects the salary cap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Jerry has been paying his core handful of players top pay all of these years. How has that worked out?
What’s the alternative? Instead of giving Lamb 30 million a year you’d rather give 3 inferior players 10 million a year? If you have to spend 89 percent of your cap how do you propose doing that?

Jarntt

Reaction score
There more they talk and double talk and back talk the more their incompetence shines through...

cmoney23

Reaction score

Interpreting this, he sounds like said he paid a couple of contracts too early, meaning rewarded them for play they didn’t earn. This is stated at 1:59 and this is in the context of a question related specifically about Dak, so in a round-about way, I think he’s specifically referring to him and his extension.

That being said, the more I hear this man talk, the more I hate him.

The worst decision is indecision. I made a post on this a while back and this supports that to the hilt!! They don't know what to do! So they aren't doing anything!