Jerry with Fish: I want everyone focused on winning

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Jerry seemed to be speaking his own mind. Now whether Stephen is in agreement or not, is a different question but from Jerry's demeanor he's not deferring to anyone regarding these contracts.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
“endorsement deals”. If that were in fact true players would want to sign with the Cowboys at a corresponding discount. Since they don’t it can only mean endorsement deals are of no consequence to players in deference to playing for a particular NFL franchise. The Dallas Cowboys have no advantage over the other 31 NFL franchises in any way. The fact that their stars have to hold out or threaten to just to be paid what their peers on other teams get paid will increasingly become a disadvantage. Professional football players don’t see any prestige in that “star” on the helmet. None. Cowboys fans fantasize that players desire to play for the Dallas Cowboys. They don’t. That is “realistic”.
That dude talked about being "realistic" and then got busted lying in the thread. Irony on a Friday. Lol.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He has 3 players wondering about their next contract and he wants them focused on football. Perhaps he should sit down and get all the deals done and then everyone can focus on winning games. It's human nature.
Well if you watched the show,you would know jerry wants them uncomfortable and backs to the wall, and see how they respond.
There will be no signings unless dak or lamb back down, or win the SB.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
lol he wants the guys 'focused on winning' but created a situation with a lame duck coach, 3 key players without contracts and made no real moves in free agency to make the team better.
he wants pressure on them and see how they handle it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen Jerry this pissed since the Ratliff debacle.

He basically said, “all in” means no focused on contracts/next year/probowls, etc…get it done or you won’t be here.

:)

then why is Jerry focused on making money? oh wait. Money=Winning for jerry. nevermind.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen "those ticket sales were great" Fans can't be too mad......Thanks fans still buying tickets :facepalm:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
he wants pressure on them and see how they handle it.
So the GM doesnt know what he has in HC and players? sure back in the day this may have had merit but in todays NFL what will this thinking do o these players? I dont see this "Lighting a fire" under CD or Micah or any other player who knows they can simply go elsewhere to get payed for playing...not even saying your wrong im simply saying this will not work with the system that the owners have set up in this league. If you feel like these players are not up to the task he should move them and the HC and move on...look at the Dak situation so what is Jerry telling him "Show me how good you are and ill pay you again" when Dak would just be able to say "Im gonna show you and then let you bid on me with other teams"..

Proof

Reaction score
You are not giving a billionaire enough credit. BTW, this is an org strategy...not just Jerry. Jerry is basically saying that he's not going to pay Daniel Jones money just to have someone around and placate the fans ...which is what the Giants did. Dumb contracts have long tails and if Jerry was to sign free agents AND all 3 guys....2026 would be a crap show. You guys don't care about it, but you would in 2026...barring some miracle SB run. So...if you want to be good in 2026...you can't pay Dak, Micah, CeeDee...AND get free agents. That's fantasy football...especially if you have questions about their character.
there is no distinction between jerry and the org. and you're referencing signing all 3 and free agents? they've signed none and no free agents. it's been a dumb and unproductive strategy, and has put the team in a precarious position all of jerry's own doing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen Jerry this pissed since the Ratliff debacle.

He basically said, “all in” means no focused on contracts/next year/probowls, etc…get it done or you won’t be here.

:)

Sure he does. However, all of his best players and entire Coaching staff are concerned about their future.

GM Jethro is clueless.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I thought it was some of the clearest, most concise comments I have heard from Jerry in a long time.

He clearly understands that he can't field a competitive team while making them all the highest paid players at their positions. Seemed to be very clear that he knows Dak my very well turn down whatever amount he is willing to pay & that means a parting of the ways.

Only question I have is, is resetting the cap at the QB position enough that he's comfortable signing the other two? Or does he feel like two of the three will have to get their money elsewhere?

And he clearly wants to see people exhibit a focus on winning before continuing a relationship with them.

I'm encouraged by everything he said.
JJ, wants everyone focused on winning, yet every year, he refuses to do what it takes to ensure a team has what it needs to win, e.g., realizing there are gaps at certain positions yet not addressing them (RB this year, LBs last year, WRs several different years, interior DL multiple years, etc). Especially with regards to FA.

Chasing6

Reaction score
JJ, wants everyone focused on winning, yet every year, he refuses to do what it takes to ensure a team has what it needs to win, e.g., realizing there are gaps at certain positions yet not addressing them (RB this year, LBs last year, WRs several different years, interior DL multiple years, etc). Especially with regards to FA.
He wants his stars to overcome his incompetence, and if that is the case they should be overcompensated for his lack of ability to build a team.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
He wants his stars to overcome his incompetence, and if that is the case they should be overcompensated for his lack of ability to build a team.
Exactly, he says focus and get it done this year but then he handicaps them by making them weaker than they were the previous year.

rags747

Reaction score
As it should have. Dak came out like like he shot up a bag of H prior to kickoff and CeeDee came out like he did a handful of ludes prior to kickoff. No more cash for these two until they prove that they can play on the Big Stage. ******* embarrasing to say the least. I’m 100% with Jerry on this.
Why The Moderator approval? No guns and no politics! Hello…

Sheepherder

Reaction score
You'd think a Jerry Jones that turns 82 in a few months wouldn't be looking that far into the future, but for some we still had the slowest offseason I can

That dude talked about being "realistic" and then got busted lying in the thread. Irony on a Friday. Lol.

Sure he does. However, all of his best players and entire Coaching staff are concerned about their future.

GM Jethro is clueless.
You mean the GM who went out of his way to get a useless backup quarterback and gave up a 4th round for him? No, not him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can a team be focused on winning with this GM? The week of the GB playoff game last January he was mugging for Netflix camera crews…in full view of the practice fields. The same GM who couldn’t make it to TC on time because he was in court trying to settle his fun-baby issues.

A team focused on winning has a head coach and starting QB that know where they stand with the organization. “Ambiguity” is not conducive to winning in pro football.