Video: Kyle Brandt from NFLN calls out Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you’re basically saying the Cowboys fans should be OK with him trying to insult their intelligence? That’s going to make him easier to root for?
I’m saying that when a microphone is in someone’s face whether it’s Dak or Jerry or Micah or hell even a politician you should take what they say with a grain of salt.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I’m saying that when a microphone is in someone’s face whether it’s Dak or Jerry or Micah or hell even a politician you should take what they say with a grain of salt.
Absolutely. As in "I don't believe you, you nonsense babbling sob". Not as in "oh, he has to give so many interviews, of course sometimes he just says something and doesn't mean it". Dak ain't no 22 year old rookie. He knows the game.

He says what he says. And Dak says a lot of crap. Always has been this way, always will be. And no, it's no excuse that others do it too. He's the supposed leader of the squad, he should make his words count. And I wouldn't have any problem with answers like "I can't say anything about this matter right now" or "At the moment anything that is being discussed about the matter will stay internal".

Or how about "please speak to my agent about any contract matters. Right now my focus is on the upcoming season 100%. I wanted that no trade clause and I'm gonna fulfill my contract no matter what. If there is no agreement I will be happy to test the free market next year but right now it's all Cowboys season 2024 for me."

Or something like that. People shouldn't put up with this crap, whether it’s Dak or Jerry or Micah or hell even a politician.

Last edited:

plasticman

Reaction score
People like to talk about Dak's salary over the past four seasons and into the future.

They don't seem to have much to say about his first contract when he started every single game of his first four years in the NFL.

Take the entire amount of money he has made in the NFL ad divide it by the 8 seasons he has played.

Dak's rookie contract was four years for $2,723,393. He averages a salary of 20.4 million a year for the 8 years he has been the starter for the Dallas Cowboys.

Say what you will about the results, but if we talk about him being overpaid then we must concede he was greatly underpaid during the first half of his career.

plymkr

Reaction score
People like to talk about Dak's salary over the past four seasons and into the future.

They don't seem to have much to say about his first contract when he started every single game of his first four years in the NFL.

Take the entire amount of money he has made in the NFL ad divide it by the 8 seasons he has played.

Dak's rookie contract was four years for $2,723,393. He averages a salary of 20.4 million a year for the 8 years he has been the starter for the Dallas Cowboys.

Say what you will about the results, but if we talk about him being overpaid then we must concede he was greatly underpaid during the first half of his career.
I don’t think anyone would argue this. Dak was well underpaid on his rookie deal and is way overpaid now. He did not play well in the playoffs in his rookie deal and he’s not playing well in the playoffs now. I was just as disappointed with his playoff performances on his rookie deal and now on his mega deal.

Your point is valid but it doesn’t change the fact that Dak stated with his own mouth that he doesn’t play the game for money. That’s what he’s getting called out for. And I agree with him being called out for it.

One other issue that Brandt brought up is Dak’s post football career. How much money did Romo and Brady make playing football as opposed to their broadcasting career? If Dak truly meant what he said he would take a team friendly deal knowing that he’ll make millions in broadcasting after retirement. And he can do broadcasting for many decades. So yes he was grossly underpaid his first four years but being a Cowboy will set him up for a lucrative post football life. It balances things out. If he meant what he said then he has an opportunity to prove it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Funny, you should really get to know people before you stick your feet in your mouth. I’ve shared stories here about my brief coaching experience at the D-1 level. LOL. I’ve coached and played more years than you probably have ever watched football. My son played all the way to his second year at a D1 school and finished his final 2 at a D3 school. I don’t have to prove my competitive lifestyle to you. You’d only have to be around me for 5 mins to know how competitive every minute of my life is.

People like you make me sick!!!!! I have a serious question for you. Do you know that almost Everyone here hates you? How’s that feel? I don’t hate you, because I don’t know you, but it’s as close as you can get as for an internet type attitude. I can tell your type from a mile away. Once again, you’re the joke of CZ. The one who talks foolishness every time he says something.

As for the post, and BOP, you’re worse than I thought if you think Dak doesn’t care about the money. He’d be in the middle of a multi-year deal if he didn’t. Nobody would question his commitment if he was willing to take a team friendly deal.

Now it’s past your bedtime,
Go wake up your mom and tell her the meanies at CZ are talking about you again.
Excellent post and I agree with you 100%!

visionary

Reaction score
So he believes Dak should go to Jerry take a pay cut and do what? Jerry doesn’t spend in free agency. Get your money Dak. You know your worth.
@Bullflop You lost some here at “reasonably intelligent”
See above post
This is the part of the blind fan base Dak is speaking to, fans who are about the player not about the team

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one ever said he was a leader??? Are you talking about Dak, or did I skip ahead to a different conversation?
TMC lives in a different multi-verse where he's never seen anyone brag about Dak's second half stats against GB and his greatest intangible ability: leadership.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan but his comment here is silly. How can you say you don't play for money while banking over $40M per year. He deserves the criticism for this. Hell, he gave it to them on a silver platter .......he's been in the league long enough to know better. Like it or not, fans never wanna hear players talking about money.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
god please no!!!!! Dak could have an all madden team and still not make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's 100% right and I don't even like Brandt. I would love to say he is wrong but he's not. I hope Dak hears this and heeds the advice because it is spot on.
so I don't like this guy or I don't like that guy, they are idiots, except when they criticize Dak. is that it?

show me a single player who doesn't play for money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Absolutely. As in "I don't believe you, you nonsense babbling sob". Not as in "oh, he has to give so many interviews, of course sometimes he just says something and doesn't mean it". Dak ain't no 22 year old rookie. He knows the game.

He says what he says. And Dak says a lot of crap. Always has been this way, always will be. And no, it's no excuse that others do it too. He's the supposed leader of the squad, he should make his words count. And I wouldn't have any problem with answers like "I can't say anything about this matter right now" or "At the moment anything that is being discussed about the matter will stay internal".

Or how about "please speak to my agent about any contract matters. Right now my focus is on the upcoming season 100%. I wanted that no trade clause and I'm gonna fulfill my contract no matter what. If there is no agreement I will be happy to test the free market next year but right now it's all Cowboys season 2024 for me."

Or something like that. People shouldn't put up with this crap, whether it’s Dak or Jerry or Micah or hell even a politician.
I’m just the messenger. I’m telling you when a guy has a mic in front of his face just know it’s BS.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
@Bullflop You lost some here at “reasonably intelligent”
See above post
This is the part of the blind fan base Dak is speaking to, fans who are about the player not about the team
I’m all about the team and getting your money. I’d rather our best players get their money then spending it on the Jaylin Smith’s of the world…oops.

The irony of you discussing anything relative to intelligence is wild though with some of the stupidity you push out on this site.