Larry Brown says TO stopped on several routes today

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Gotta love the T.O haters.....if nothing else, they are consistent....always finding something to complain about.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dcz84;2448844 said:
Did'nt T-New jump and sit next to you when he had the int? That was you right?

I have no idea what this means.

Care to explain?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2449035 said:
I have no idea what this means.

Care to explain?
Newman jumped up in the stands after his INT. He was asking if that was you in the stands.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2449053 said:
Newman jumped up in the stands after his INT. He was asking if that was you in the stands.

Yes I understand that, but I dont get it.

It makes no sense. Was it supposed to be an insult or something?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2449061 said:
Yes I understand that, but I dont get it.

It makes no sense. Was it supposed to be an insult or something?
No, I think earlier in the thread you'd said you were right there in front of the play or something. I dunno...maybe the guy was drunk when he posted.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BHendri5;2448789 said:
Owens, made his living on slants...
It's fortunate that dropped passes do not result in refunds since Romo threw Owens a perfect pass on a quick slant, which he promptly dropped. Owens is still a premier receiver who makes some very difficult catches, but it's interesting just how often he drops routinely easy catches. If he could somehow switch Patrick Crayton' or Jason Wittens' hands with his, he would be considered the best wide receiver of his generation.

Mansta54

Reaction score
DallasEast;2449122 said:
It's fortunate that dropped passes do not result in refunds since Romo threw Owens a perfect pass on a quick slant, which he promptly dropped. Owens is still a premier receiver who makes some very difficult catches, but it's interesting just how often he drops routinely easy catches. If he could somehow switch Patrick Crayton' or Jason Wittens' hands with his, he would be considered the best wide receiver of his generation.

He may still be considered just that.. His numbers would support a strong fight.. Just sayin!!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;2449126 said:
He may still be considered just that.. His numbers would support a strong fight.. Just sayin!!!
Okey-dokey.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2448946 said:
Gotta love the T.O jock riders.....if nothing else, they are consistent....always finding something to drool about.

Re-configured.............
Same gig, Yeah? :rolleyes:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, when I started this thread, I just thought the comments by Larry Brown were very interesting. Guess I'm not the only one who thought so.:laugh2:

Overall, I'm satifsfied with what TO brings to the table. How could I not be?

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Why don't people just ask Aikman how abrasive a WR in this league can be if he's not ALWAYS getting the ball. That's what a WR is. They are the impact from the gunshot being fired by the QB. They are the deer running around hoping to get shot.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyzmamacita;2449146 said:
Wow, when I started this thread, I just thought the comments by Larry Brown were very interesting. Guess I'm not the only one who thought so.:laugh2:

Overall, I'm satifsfied with what TO brings to the table. How could I not be?
It was a pretty good opening topic, which identified comments made by an ex-Cowboy. Overall, I think that most are satisfied with Owens as the team's number one receiving option, but because some may question his inner motivations (i.e. totally unnecessary interviews, etc.) and/or in-game production (i.e. easy dropped passes, etc.), it may be necessary to stamp posts such as these with something like...

http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/oWENSRATING.jpg​

Yeah, that'll do. :) OH LOOK! Paint chips!!! Excuse me...

khiladi

Reaction score
theebs;2448134 said:
And for what its worth, owens completely gave up on that route that was interception, it was right in front of me and He just waived his arm up at the ball. No way that should have been picked. A little effort and its at least incomplete.

Yes, that ball should have been picked.. The fact that it happened in front of you is even more proof your speaking nonsense, because you can't tell depth from that angle. Tony Romo overthrew the ball into double coverage... TO had no chance of getting it... It was right into the arms of Trufant...

khiladi

Reaction score
theebs;2448284 said:
lol

actually it shows exactly what I said. he looked as if he was running at half speed and tried to catch up at the end and just waived an arm out at the ball. had he been running hard and left his feet he could have broken up the ball.

he cries for the ball, even when he is double covered, he he has to back it up with effort on every play.

No, it shows that the guy covering him was holding his hand and it also shows that Tony Romo overthrew TO...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2449224 said:
Yes, that ball should have been picked.. The fact that it happened in front of you is even more proof your speaking nonsense, because you can't tell depth from that angle. Tony Romo overthrew the ball into double coverage... TO had no chance of getting it... It was right into the arms of Trufant...

I am not going to make another comment about owens.

This post is just the clincher for me.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2449234 said:
I am not going to make another comment about owens.

This post is just the clincher for me.

You've been saying this for the upteenth time now.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nobody even points out that Jason Garrett ran how many run plays during those last few series and he tried going play-action twice in a row... The second one was that very INT... Nobody bit on that play-action because Jason wasn't keeping the defense honest with the run...

Dallas22

Reaction score
There were a couple of times that TO stopped trying to block downfield. One play that I can remember is when Witten was trying to break a tackle after a catch, TO just stood there and didn't try and block anyone. I agree that it's easy to single him out much more than you would other players but then again doesn't he do this to himself??? He "likes" the limelight so this "should" be irrelivent to him.

I do agree that he is a great talent (when he catches the ball) but is also selfish and in my opinion bi-polar, which can be a detrament to his team. I never liked him and never will but I do cheer when he helps MY team, the Dallas Cowboys, score points and win games.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas22;2449841 said:
There were a couple of times that TO stopped trying to block downfield. One play that I can remember is when Witten was trying to break a tackle after a catch, TO just stood there and didn't try and block anyone. I agree that it's easy to single him out much more than you would other players but then again doesn't he do this to himself??? He "likes" the limelight so this "should" be irrelivent to him.

I do agree that he is a great talent (when he catches the ball) but is also selfish and in my opinion bi-polar, which can be a detrament to his team. I never liked him and never will but I do cheer when he helps MY team, the Dallas Cowboys, score points and win games.

facepalm.jpeg

This country has gone to hell.