Let's talk about Dak's restructuring

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That is complete nonsense and frankly embarrassing to my Welsh roots.
Dak has 20 game winning drives.
He has the 8th best all-time QB rating and a QB rating of 92 for the playoffs.

Simple-minded people blame the QB for the overall team failures.
Dak and the Cowboys just demolished the GOAT in the playoffs.
Was that because Brady just isn't good enough when it counts???

Dak is not some uber elite QB. But he is good.
And the majority of Super Bowls are won by good QBs, not ubermen.
Dak nd Elliot could've gotten this team to the Super Bowl their rookie yr if the defense could've stopped Rodgers and refs didn't cheat. They won't mention that on here tho

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That is complete nonsense and frankly embarrassing to my Welsh roots.
Dak has 20 game winning drives.
He has the 8th best all-time QB rating and a QB rating of 92 for the playoffs.

Simple-minded people blame the QB for the overall team failures.
Dak and the Cowboys just demolished the GOAT in the playoffs.
Was that because Brady just isn't good enough when it counts???

Dak is not some uber elite QB. But he is good.
And the majority of Super Bowls are won by good QBs, not ubermen.
Winning drives, beating Brady, and all those ratings, mean nothing if you cant do it in the play-offs and when the pressure's on. It's not his play and I'm not saying he cant play well nor that's a poor QB, what i'm saying is his Achilles Heel, as shown in both loses to the 9ers, appears to be composure when the Offense needs to step up (in two consecutive years).

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
First 3 yrs of daks deal
2021 17.2mil caphit
2022 19.73mil caphit
2023 27.3mil caphit

Lol the norms here will constantly tell us how dak is overpaid, he's crippling the cap at 40mil a yr. Well clearly he's not costing Dallas anywhere near 40mil a yr.

I've been telling them this since the deal was signed, and have reminded them every yr when they start throwing out 40mil a yr cap whining.

Dak has cost Dallas 65.23 mil on the cap since he signed his deal. 21.74 mil aav.

Dallas will probably let dak play on his 59.3 mil caphit next yr because basically they will have a ton of caproom. They plan for this. Something you people don't have a clue about. You continually say they don't know what they're doing. What they have done is, made a 4yr 160 mil qb who most said would sink this team and made it a team friendly deal.

Now he does have 36 mil owed in 2 yrs that are already voided but were put there for SB purposes and restructure purposes. Now if Dak stays turning the ball over Dallas can get rid of him next yr as a June cut or a normal release and still haveca ton of cap.

Anybody can say what they want but this was a smart contract by the team and genius the way it was structured.
You know the drill, if it doesnt help my side of the Dak war then i will ignore it. 59 mill is a huge hit but like we said last year, you can roast him for it when it actually happens

blueblood70

Reaction score
daks here, was already here 2 more years, not much has changed. The haters need to come to grips with it.. he will be here a while..posting hate threads daily wont change anything , why do it?? Hes our QB at least 2 more seasons and that was a known fact 2 years ago. Yet, 50% of this site is used up on why dak shouldn't be there and how much he sux lol wasted energy,

Verdict

Reaction score
so there were those who said, no team can win when the QB makes more than 15% of salary. now, its what? about 10%...

but I am sure those same people will point to next year and go, yeah, but next year its 25%.

the QB salary is not the reason we can't build the right team. its because of Jerry Jones. Dak is just a convenient player everyone wants to point a finger at. that's all.
This is not a correct statement. Money allocated to Dak can’t be used on other players. There is a reason why Rodgers has only won a single SB and P. Manning only won 2, and Tome Brady won many.

That reason is the cap hit that said QBs used up on their team. Brady consistently played for a lower cap percentage than the others did.

Verdict

Reaction score
daks here, was already here 2 more years, not much has changed. The haters need to come to grips with it.. he will be here a while..posting hate threads daily wont change anything , why do it?? Hes our QB at least 2 more seasons and that was a known fact 2 years ago. Yet, 50% of this site is used up on why dak shouldn't be there and how much he sux lol wasted energy,
I don’t have a dog in this fight, one way or the other, but who says that they have to like it?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Dak nd Elliot could've gotten this team to the Super Bowl their rookie yr if the defense could've stopped Rodgers and refs didn't cheat. They won't mention that on here tho
That's not a case supporting Dak?? The criticism of him is whether we can win a SB, when paying the QB such a high proportion of the CAP....btw, werent a few of our Offense in 2016 still on Rookie Deals.

blueblood70

Reaction score
:hammer:yup maybe been in 18 when the defense couldn't stop the run in LA...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
You know the drill, if it doesnt help my side of the Dak war then i will ignore it. 59 mill is a huge hit but like we said last year, you can roast him for it when it actually happens
Next 59 mil cap charge with 135mil minimum in cap room. But with the new TV deal money kicking in, and the new Sunday ticket deal going in the following yr, they're money troubles are gone. Because of how the run thecteam with the draft.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
That's not a case supporting Dak?? The criticism of him is whether we can win a SB, when paying the QB such a high proportion of the CAP....btw, werent a few of our Offense in 2016 still on Rookie Deals.
People will be critical of dak about that, but will praise Allen and Herbert

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
:hammer:yup maybe been in 18 when the defense couldn't stop the run in LA...
Again you think anyone who points out concerns about Dak is a hater......ive got absolutely nothing against Dak's Rookie years, I just dont think he's got enough leadership/composure to get us to a SB win with the large CAP Hit. We'll hopefully see one way or another this year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Exactly dak has played good in the playoffs, minus them 2 sf games. But unless u win every game you're a bum
No the same folks do not think Romo is a bum ( i dont either fyi big fan of his also) but facts are facts...this Franchise is on a skid for a long stretch..some folks need a villian for it, i get it.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
yet it was team friendly helped the team not doing 4 and coming back for more.its the way brady handled things and not the norm around the NFL in the give ,me my whole bag NOW lol its what's holding up Jacksons deal he want max money more more more.memememememememe
Ravens let Lamar's deal get to this point. He made 1 million dollars the year he won the LEAGUE MVP.
They put nothing on offense around him and asked him to carry it then didn't get him extended earlier.
The are handling it like Dallas which is the absolute wrong way.
NEVER let a quality QB play out his rookie deal.

As bad as the Wentz deal was for Philly they worked it out and made a great trade.
Value of a QB is such you are better signing earlier and for longer.
If you don't like him anymore you only need 1 team to take him from you.

Ravens can hold their ground but it doesn't buy them much. They are out 32M cash this year with no rights to him next year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
People will be critical of dak about that, but will praise Allen and Herbert
Again, the reason the Bengals lost the SB wasnt because of Burrows (who was one play away from being the MVP), a brilliant drive beat them. For Allen, that unworldly performance vrs Mahomes in that see-saw play-off game showed him handling pressure, just because Mahomes did what he did doesnt make the defeated QB a failure.
With Dak it was two instances that highlighted the same inability to lead the team.

basel90

Reaction score
It boils down to what the team thinks Dak can do in the future. Last year he regressed and threw many interceptions.
If he continues to regress next season at 59 cap hit , this delay and prolonging of his tenure at QB position will sure keep the cowboys from any significant run at a CCG or SB, which is what fans want . If the goal was a 10 win season blah blah , am sure Dak and the team will continue to produce 1 or 2 average 10 win boring fruitless seasons . Rinse and repeat.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Next 59 mil cap charge with 135mil minimum in cap room. But with the new TV deal money kicking in, and the new Sunday ticket deal going in the following yr, they're money troubles are gone. Because of how the run thecteam with the draft.
You do know his 2023 salary is the last guaranteed money in the contract, right?

mardwin

Reaction score
If reading the details accurately, the restructure sets Dak's cap hit and dead money as follows:

2023: Cap Hit $27.38M Dead Money $89.07M

2024: Cap Hit $59.38M Dead Money $61.69M

2025: Cap Hit $36.3M Dead Money $36.3M Void Year

So in looking at the numbers, my issue with the restructure is that prior to the restructure, Dallas in essence had an 'out' in that they would have had $39M in dead money with Dak but a cap savings of around $13M.
Now, because of the restructuring, Dallas can't get out of the contract until after 2024 so if Dak performs poorly again this season, and with the enormous cap hit in 2024, they will be forced to yet again have to restructure his deal.

So, the bottom line is that it appears Dallas is stuck with Dak for at least 2 more seasons and possibly more than that.
This contract is so bad and they will pay the price for it. Lamb and Parsons will command top money when their time comes. Let's hear more excuses how Dak doesn't have a supporting cast to carry him.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Exactly dak has played good in the playoffs, minus them 2 sf games. But unless u win every game you're a bum
I'm surprised you're taking a childish approach as your comments on the CAP dont belie someone who needs to stoop so low. Again, Dak can win games (and what a great performance vrs Buccs), but it tends to be games where there's not intense pressure, if he's got a lead and everything's going right then he's great, but when it was do-or-die and things are going wrong he's not performed....blame whoever you want for that, but he's the one with the ball in his hands.