Listening to WIP Philadelphia tonight

superonyx

Reaction score
So it's okay to hit someone in the head or neck area even if you just use the shoulder? Hmmm. You better recheck that. And this was clearly his helmet causing that action.
Unless you are hitting a QB or a defenseless receiver. Goedert was neither.

The intent is what the refs flag. You don’t flag a defensive player for making a hit or tackle just because his facemask comes into contact with another players helmet or facemask. He didn’t lower his head to initiate contact. He extended his shoulder and arm. Come on man. Enjoy the win and stop wishing the refs would make this even more unwatchable.

In the age of too many rules with too many interpretations you are crying that you want even more illegal hit penalties.

The league had over fined players for this stuff. Let’s see how big of a fine they give Woods for this hit...

I’m betting zero.

If he is fined it should be for lack of effort.

In fact I’m guessing the overly strict rules are why he just gave a half effort shoulder bump on that play.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Unless you are hitting a QB or a defenseless receiver. Goedert was neither.

The intent is what the refs flag. You don’t flag a defensive player for making a hit or tackle just because his facemask comes into contact with another players helmet or facemask. He didn’t lower his head to initiate contact. He extended his shoulder and arm. Come on man. Enjoy the win and stop wishing the refs would make this even more unwatchable.

In the age of too many rules with too many interpretations you are crying that you want even more illegal hit penalties.

The league had over fined players for this stuff. Let’s see how big of a fine they give Woods for this hit...

I’m betting zero.

If he is fined it should be for lack of effort.

In fact I’m guessing the overly strict rules are why he just gave a half effort shoulder bump on that play.

No one is crying about anything except Philly fans. But the officiating is so bad overall that they have legitimate gripes, just like we do at times. There's just no conspiracy amiss, which is what I rail against. In fact, I found another play Philly fans could gripe about. Look at this push-off by Cooper before he drops the pass. The things players are getting away with has almost reached the hilarious stage. We all say we want a cleanly called game but it's just not happening consistently.

Coop-P-GIF-1-2.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
By rule, the officials called it correctly, though. Pereira did a good job of explaining the ruling before it was even made.

However, I absolutely hate that officials don't follow every fumble to the conclusion of it before making their ruling of whether the player was down. I remember several games where we caused a fumble and returned it for a TD only to have the TD disallowed because the whistle has blown.

I guess that's one of the downsides to player safety, though. If the officials had not called Lewis down, then they would have followed the ball and knew for sure that Philly recovered it. As is, there was a mass of bodies there with no clear recovery and at last one Cowboys getting in there late to gum up the works.

Pereira was mumbling through an explanation. Anyone with common sense could see on replay that was a fumble and the Eagles recovered.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Pereira was mumbling through an explanation. Anyone with common sense could see on replay that was a fumble and the Eagles recovered.

I don't agree. There was a scramble for the ball and it disappeared while loose under a mass of bodies. It is the perfect scenario for what Pereira was explaining. Without the officials clearing the pile and finding who had the ball, they couldn't just hand it to Philly, by rule. There are crazy things that happen in pileups like that and who actually ends up with the ball can be surprising at times.

I know a Philly player ended up in the aftermath with the ball, but because the play was dead, it couldn't be determined if he recovered it or just got it when the other players quit fighting for it.

The officials were probably pretty certain that Philly had it, but they did their job in following the rule. Again, I'd prefer they just let fumbles play out instead of ruling players down before there is a clear conclusion determined.

superonyx

Reaction score
No one is crying about anything except Philly fans. But the officiating is so bad overall that they have legitimate gripes, just like we do at times. There's just no conspiracy amiss, which is what I rail against. In fact, I found another play Philly fans could gripe about. Look at this push-off by Cooper before he drops the pass. The things players are getting away with has almost reached the hilarious stage. We all say we want a cleanly called game but it's just not happening consistently.

Coop-P-GIF-1-2.gif
So you spend time searching the internet for plays where your favorite team could have been flagged but were not so you can come here and straighten out fellow fans of your favorite team?
Wow..so are you searching the message boards of opposing teams fans to get this crap?

Do you post plays on their message boards of non calls their team committed also or are we just lucky to have you around here?

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't agree. There was a scramble for the ball and it disappeared while loose under a mass of bodies. It is the perfect scenario for what Pereira was explaining. Without the officials clearing the pile and finding who had the ball, they couldn't just hand it to Philly, by rule. There are crazy things that happen in pileups like that and who actually ends up with the ball can be surprising at times.

I know a Philly player ended up in the aftermath with the ball, but because the play was dead, it couldn't be determined if he recovered it or just got it when the other players quit fighting for it.

The officials were probably pretty certain that Philly had it, but they did their job in following the rule. Again, I'd prefer they just let fumbles play out instead of ruling players down before there is a clear conclusion determined.

The mass of loose bodies were all Eagles. Lewis was pinned down on the ground and not even in the scrum. There was no Cowboy player at the bottom of the pile.

It was one of the worst calls I have seen in recent time.

superonyx

Reaction score
I agree with you that it was clearly the Eagles ball.
The problem (if you like the eagles) is that this isn’t a decision the refs made to screw the eagles. The rules are written than without conclusive visual evidence that shows a clear recovery the ruling on the field must stand which was Cowboys ball.

So the problem wasn’t the ref..it was the rule

Now that said.....they need to change that rule.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
The city of Philadelphia is convinced this game was fixed.

Of course it was.

NFL ratings are down, attendance is down and the league is worried about lower revenues in its next round of TV contracts. They need the Cowboys to do well. Love 'em or hate 'em the Cowboys are must-see TV.

Just think of how proud of himself Jerry will be when he single-handedly saves the NFL!

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Coop-P-GIF-1-2.gif

Well look at 22s left arm. He is clearly committing pass interference by grabbing Coops shoulder and turning him all with the ball in the air. Coop is simply try to disengage this illegal action by the defender.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dak is a "Joke", then what the heck does that make Wentz? A "choke"?

One guy just wins, the other is a pouting baby that can't do anything without Ertz.

superonyx

Reaction score
If Dak is a "Joke", then what the heck does that make Wentz? A "choke"?

One guy just wins, the other is a pouting baby that can't do anything without Ertz.

The punchline.

Don’t start talking bad about the man who has a strong arm and throws a pretty ball.

After all the media has already announced that King Carson and Goff are the future Elway and Marino while Dak is a Tim Tebow who doesn’t have a minor league baseball career to fall back on.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The mass of loose bodies were all Eagles. Lewis was pinned down on the ground and not even in the scrum. There was no Cowboy player at the bottom of the pile.

It was one of the worst calls I have seen in recent time.

The ball was still under the pile when a Cowboy attacked the pile from the backside. There was no way without unfurling the pile to determine who had recovered the ball. The officials did not do that so all they could do by rule at that point is claim that they could not see a clear recovery on the monitor, which was accurate.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with it because I don't think that's how they should do it. The only thing I'm saying is that they followed the rule once they had called the player down by contact.

There have been plenty of cases where a player late to the party recovers a fumble because it's trapped under a pile and no one has it wrapped up. It isn't the officials' job to assume recovery.

BTW, I'd be ticked if it happened to us, but that wouldn't change the rule.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
So you spend time searching the internet for plays where your favorite team could have been flagged but were not so you can come here and straighten out fellow fans of your favorite team?
Wow..so are you searching the message boards of opposing teams fans to get this crap?

Do you post plays on their message boards of non calls their team committed also or are we just lucky to have you around here?

I have the game's video. This was one I happened to stop the video at randomly while looking for the Gregory video which I already posted. It boosts my overall point that officiating is crappy while at the same time kicking sand in the face of unhinged CONSPIRACY! theorists who think the refs are out to get us when we benefit every bit as much. You might be one of them judging at how hard you're taking issue with the evidence against such. They often rage out against things they can't gainsay.

superonyx

Reaction score
I have the game's video. This was one I happened to stop the video at randomly while looking for the Gregory video which I already posted. It boosts my overall point that officiating is crappy while at the same time kicking sand in the face of unhinged CONSPIRACY! theorists who think the refs are out to get us when we benefit every bit as much. You might be one of them judging at how hard you're taking issue with the evidence against such. They often rage out against things they can't gainsay.
Dude you can choose whichever past time tickles your pickle but don't expect me to think this crap isnt weird.

There is a much larger conspiracy theory that the NFL and the refs are in Jerry's pocket. How much time are you spending debunking this with videos of calls that went against us?
Did you set them straight when they made up a call against us and moved out of comfortable FG range against the Commanders?

Or are you just a troll to fellow cowboys fans?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

He's a troll. Been trolling since the old boards.

erod

Reaction score
They made a lot of legitimate points.

Here's another one.

Dallas is a better team than Philly, hands down.