Looks like a soft Taco with no flavor

erod

Reaction score
Limited information, as I said. They not reporting on every single snap.

Watch him! Nothing. No notable athleticism whatsoever. No strength. Looked like he'd never rushed the QB in his life. High-school quality pass rush moves.

erod

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm with you. I hope to all that is holy that I'm wrong, but I think he'll be our worst first round pick since Mo. This is what happens when you reach for a position of need.

Drafting for need makes you needing to draft.

(I need to trademark that and make a T-shirt. LOL)

dallasdave

Reaction score
I don't think he was nearly as bad as you suggest. ON the first series he was consistently the first Cowboy off the snap. He was doubled on one pass rush and showed a good spin move. Never saw him get "manhandled" as you claim. Definitely a lot to work on but he still has a lot of time.
We have to give TACO some time before we throw him under the bus !!! It's like going to one of these fast food places on 50 cent Taco Day, the tacos are not great but you take a bag home and add good cheese, more vegs, more sour cream, and some good sauce and WOW you have a GOOD TACO !!!

dware94

Reaction score
Consistent pressure, every play. Played the run well.

False. They would've noted his "relentless harassing" of the QB during the broadcast if he was as good as you say he was. His name got brought up in the 4th qtr with about 8 min to go playing against camp fodder guys.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
He needs to put on some weight, he'll be fine, might take a bit, but he'll contribute more as the season rolls on.

They drafted him to play the RDE. I don't think he's quick enough as it is--certainly not if he gains weight. I wonder how long they give him before moving him to the other side.

erod

Reaction score
False. They would've noted his "relentless harassing" of the QB during the broadcast if he was as good as you say he was. His name got brought up in the 4th qtr with about 8 min to go playing against camp fodder guys.

They were talking to Hall of Fame people, not watching the game closely.

If you listened to the Cowboys broadcast like me, they were talking about him plenty.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Watch him! Nothing. No notable athleticism whatsoever. No strength. Looked like he'd never rushed the QB in his life. High-school quality pass rush moves.

I have watched him and liked some of what I saw from his collage tape. He was not my pick (I liked Harris), but there is no way to tell what he's going to become (even this year) from the limited tape we have. Your pronouncements are both premature and baseless.

You realize that most Scouts had a first round grade on him before the draft, right? Why would that be if he's unathletic and slow?

CheapietheCheapskate

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, he almost got a sack on that long crossing route in drive 1 or 2.

He also was in on the assist with Wilson on a tackle for loss.

erod

Reaction score
I have watched him and liked some of what I saw from his collage tape. He was not my pick (I liked Harris), but there is no way to tell what he's going to become (even this year) from the limited tape we have. Your pronouncements are both premature and baseless.
No way to know what he'll be in three years, but first-round picks should never look slow and weak.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
No way to know what he'll be in three years, but first-round picks should never look slow and weak.

You're a lost cause. I guess you know more than the majority of Scouts in the leauge since practically everyone had a 1st round grade on him.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They drafted him to play the RDE. I don't think he's quick enough as it is--certainly not if he gains weight. I wonder how long they give him before moving him to the other side.
That's why he needs to add weight, he's not a pure speed rusher and is going to have be able to stop the run on a consistent basis. I'm sure they will be patient year one. He will need to make big strides by year two or they will move on.

dware94

Reaction score
They were talking to Hall of Fame people, not watching the game closely.

If you listened to the Cowboys broadcast like me, they were talking about him plenty.

Oh because the Cowboys broadcast wont have any bias or anything.. By reading through your posts, im wondering if you watched the game or just listened to the Cowboys broadcast because you seem so much more informed since you listened to the broadcast.

erod

Reaction score
You're a lost cause. I guess you know more than the majority of Scouts in the leauge since practically everyone had a 1st round grade on him.

Shante Carver. That's who he looks exactly like.

erod

Reaction score
Oh because the Cowboys broadcast wont have any bias or anything.. By reading through your posts, im wondering if you watched the game or just listened to the Cowboys broadcast because you seem so much more informed since you listened to the broadcast.
Dude, you made the comment about the broadcast, not me. You're really not very good at this.

dware94

Reaction score

Well he did say he listened to the Cowboys broadcast last night... and apparently stayed at a Holiday Inn.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
May God bless this forum and all of it's fantastic posters. Let us all pray and be thankful that our beloved football and all that comes with it has returned. OMFG!! :huh::facepalm:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
He is almost identical to Gregory insofar as his measurables and people seem to think Gregory is a real deal DE.
I never did. Outside of his off the field issues, I had problems with how he would disappear for long stretches in games as well as be weak at POA. Gregory was really a 34 OLBer IMO.