Mick Shots: Deeper Dive into Dak's Playoff Record

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
From inside the 20?> Your rationalizing is totally pathetic. Please stop it.

Don't throw the interception and let your defense rest...even if you have to punt. Take care of the ball...don't hurt your defense.
Shut it. Man up. Defense didn't hold the opponents to a 3 points when they could have. It was early in the game (1st quarter). No excuse. They were not tired. They simply didn't show up at all all game long.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-a-deeper-dive-into-dak-s-playoff-record

Mickey shows some good stats and reasoning here.
Dak is 0-3 when the defense gives up 30 or more points. Take a look at some SB winning QB's, and their playoff records when their respective teams have given up 30 or more points.
When U throw 2 interceptions and give 10 points out of the 30 points , it is not the same story , correct ?

I am not saying Dak did that in all playoff (loss) games , but against SF we lost when D gave only 19 points too .

Agreed if defense is a sieve and leaks points all the way no QB can win continuously, but just blaming D is not cutting it .

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shut it. Man up. Defense didn't hold the opponents to a 3 points when they could have. It was early in the game (1st quarter). No excuse. They were not tired. They simply didn't show up at all all game long.
LOL...getting emotional about it? You gonna cry now?

Don;t throw the idiotic interception. Eat it and punt is what a 3rd place MVP would do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
14. Fact.

Don't thrtow the interception and you won;t get docked the points. Make the defense defend the field and take responsibility.

Turning the ball over inside the 20 is an easy 7...especially when you know good and well your defense is struggling.

Don't throw the dam ball. Punt it away.
For starters, that INT was not on Dak. Plus, Cooks was held. Should have been defensive pass interference. You know it, but your hate drives you. Regardless, defense was fresh (only 1st quarter) and should have made a stop for only 3 points given up. They never showed up the whole game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The OP said "when the defense gives up 30 points". So...that doesn't really say how the offense contributes.

And yours seems even worse. "overcoming 30+ points"? How many QB's in the list gives the other team 14?
That’s not “mine” that’s literally from the article @jazzcat22 posted lol……

@Kevinicus you see why I assume people didn’t read it without commenting?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Now then, being curious, wonder what other NFL QB records are when having to overcome 30-plus points in a playoff game?
Glad you asked. Here are a few choice ones:
  • Joe Montana: 0-3.
  • Brett Favre: 0-7.
  • Drew Brees: 0-3.
  • Ben Roethlisberger: 0-7.
  • Aaron Rodgers: 1-5, his one beating Dak, 34-31.
  • John Elway: 1-5.
  • Tom Brady: 2-5, his fifth the 31-14 loss to Dak in the 2022 season.
  • Peyton Manning: 2-4.
  • And just for grins, Troy Aikman 0-1, Roger Staubach 0-3

Damn. Interesting….all time greats up there. Never seen anyone take this angle.
Brother, you just shattered the Dak bashers' hearts to a million pieces with these statistical facts.

:laugh:

TwentyOne

Reaction score

shabazz

Reaction score
Romo had 11 years as a starter. Dak has only had 8. Be fair and give Dak an equal amount of time to prove he can do better. 3 more years to go before equal comparison.
And even though I liked Romo it was clear he had overstayed his welcome. Probably should have been gone 3 years earlier

And Dak is going to play his 9th year for sure

phildadon86

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, it is almost insurmountable if Dak is your QB.

But if you go up 10 on the Cowboys at any point it’s game over. 10 points is the for sure insurmountable line.

It’s a wrap.

Oh, and if we have less than 100 rushing yards. Daks only won like 7 games in his career when the Cowboys don’t get 100 rushing yards.
lol. I’m not even going to bother blowing your 100 yard rushing argument out of the water again.

And go look at the cowboys record when if they are down ten in the regular season. Your entire argument here is disingenuous.

However if we are talking about the playoffs.

The game is lost as soon as Dak is named the starter.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s not “mine” that’s literally from the article @jazzcat22 posted lol……

@Kevinicus you see why I assume people didn’t read it without commenting?
The jazzcat op specified "when the defense gives up 30 points"

You did not.

and you got the huevos to lecture other people about "reading the comment".

Don't blame me if your content is incorrect or incomplete.

Who is Kevin and why does he matter to you?