FEATURED Morning Pops!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Donating a bunch of stuff to the local Battered Women's shelter today and I feel so great about it.
Went and bought microwaves and televisions and various sundry items that they need.
I'm going to do this more often.
They're coming to pick it all up and then I'm going to the movies with a light heart.

Next month is the animal shelters.

With Pops in my heart.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Donating a bunch of stuff to the local Battered Women's shelter today and I feel so great about it.
Went and bought microwaves and televisions and various sundry items that they need.
They're coming to pick it all up and then I'm going to the movies with a light heart.

With Pops in my heart.
Awwwww... so sweet!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I was feeling pretty worthless until I saw Corso's comments. Now I'm POSITIVE I'm worthless. Sometimes the world's problems are so big that I feel unable to help. Little things can add up and good can come out of it. Thank you for reminding us to be better people, Corso.

Good luck with the grandkids, Colo.

Nature can be amazing, RGV. I loved watching birds bathe when I had a bird bath in the back yard. It was funny to watch them. They've got a few humanistic traits that crack me up.

Jan, I'm not on Facebook but know the trouble it can cause. I won't go on a rant about it though. It's what people make it.

I feel bad for you, Runny. Sometimes it would be better if everyone lived a lot closer so Jan could help.

[QUOTE="CouchCoach, post: 9240796, member: 39141]Good afternoon, just back from Austin from taking donuts and kolaches to the son with a family and thankful the other son doesn't have one. I tried taking him to vet years ago when having our male dog neutered and maybe get a 2 fer 1 discount but my wife wouldn't let me. I swear, sometimes I just didn't get her.

I am not going to complain about the heat today because they lowered it from 102 to 98, brrrrrrr.[/QUOTE]
King in the South! King in the South! King in the South!

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. I was feeling pretty worthless until I saw Corso's comments. Now I'm POSITIVE I'm worthless. Sometimes the world's problems are so big that I feel unable to help. Little things can add up and good can come out of it. Thank you for reminding us to be better people, Corso.

Nature can be amazing, RGV. I loved watching birds bathe when I had a bird bath in the back yard. It was funny to watch them. They've got a few humanistic traits that crack me up.

Jan, I'm not on Facebook but know the trouble it can cause. I won't go on a rant about it though. It's what people make it.

I feel bad for you, Runny. Sometimes it would be better if everyone lived a lot closer so Jan could help.

[QUOTE="CouchCoach, post: 9240796, member: 39141]Good afternoon, just back from Austin from taking donuts and kolaches to the son with a family and thankful the other son doesn't have one. I tried taking him to vet years ago when having our male dog neutered and maybe get a 2 fer 1 discount but my wife wouldn't let me. I swear, sometimes I just didn't get her.

I am not going to complain about the heat today because they lowered it from 102 to 98, brrrrrrr.
King in the South! King in the South! King in the South![/QUOTE]

I would totally jump in and help. :)Thanks for volunteering me on everyone's behalf lol.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

With Pops in my heart.
That's awesome Corso.......many kudo's...:thumbup:

Corso

Reaction score

I am not going to complain about the heat today because they lowered it from 102 to 98, brrrrrrr.

You're worth a ton to me. I always smile when I see a @Xelda post.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Why do I have a nagging feeling that I'm in the dog house now?

Awe, thanks Corso.
No, no, not at all. Not with me anyway. You called it. I totally said in earlier posts that if I lived near Runny I would help out because I love yard work, and living in this apartment I don't have a yard so I miss it. All good. Maybe someday I'll have a yard again:rolleyes:...

Corso

Reaction score
No, no, not at all. Not with me anyway. You called it. I totally said in earlier posts that if I lived near Runny I would help out because I love yard work, and living in this apartment I don't have a yard so I miss it. All good. Maybe someday I'll have a yard again:rolleyes:...
Did he offer you any of the tons of jerky I sent to him last week? @Runwildboys

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good Monday morning, Pops and pen pals. I hope everyone had a good weekend. For me, it was a bunch of outdoor cleaning and organizing. I need to install three carriage lights; one is on a brick wall and two will be on my workshop that has Hardy Plank, which is cement board basically, on the outside. So I go to Lowes and buy my electrical boxes and a masonry hole saw. I brought them home and forgot where I set the bag down. I can't find them. Not in the house, not in the garage, not on the porch. Called Lowes to make sure I didn't leave them there. Nope. The only sure way to find them is to go purchase new ones then the one's I already bought will magically appear. I'll keep looking.

@Corso , I salute you brother. I was the community affairs chairman for our Moose Lodge when I lived in CA. and know very well the sense of satisfaction and reward you get when helping others out. It does you as much good as those you help. Congrats.

Have a great day, folks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

With Pops in my heart.
Corso, you are a credit to your generation and race and I only wish there were more elderly black women with your giving heart.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Well, we are in the home stretch with the grand-kid's visit. Although the main cat and both back-up cats will, undoubtedly, welcome their departure, we are really going to miss them. There is a decided energy and unpredictability with pre-teen grand-kids that makes for a fun and exciting day. Have to admit, I sleep like the dead each evening. :)

Good suggestion, @Runwildboys , for the Frisbee. I had a couple of old Frisbee's in the garage which we played with yesterday. You would have thought we had just given them the keys to the kingdom... I am not sure they have ever played with a Frisbee before and, given their short attention spans (a trait, possibly, inherited from my side of the family) I wasn't sure they would enjoy it, but they certainly did.

@Corso, I admire your support of the women's shelter. We routinely donate money and articles to Salvation Army and, while that is a very worthwhile cause, it often misses the feeling of getting truly involved with charity. Kudos!

@Coach, I miss kolaches! I remember as a child and later, as an adult, making stops in Fredricksburg just for the kolaches. Alas, like cheese, i have sworn off gluten. Interestingly enough, I finally found a non-gluten flour product that results in pretty darn good pancakes!

I am in the market for a new BBQ grill; my 10 year old Kitchen Aid finally passed to the big grill master in the sky. I actually thought seriously about a wood-fired pellet smoker, but have been turned-off by the many complaints about temperature fluctuations. Anyway, I will probably stick to a gas grill. When we built our home a couple of year's ago, I piped natural gas outlets to a 3 different locations on our deck and patio in the anticipation doing away with butane. Now, I finally get to live the dream.

Have a great week everyone... and, remember, everyone has to be somewhere!