FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Oh, you big softie. C'mere, gonna give you a noogie.

I spoke to the nurse about symptoms, and as you know I live in a retirement area, and she said that most of the victims have been older with mild symptoms. They haven't had anyone die or even be put on a ventilator. Most of the problems have been the complications form the other illnesses.

This was great. She said "you don't have any underlying issues except your drinking and smoking cigars". I got a huge laugh out of that and she was laughing as well. I said "Oh, you remember". She said "oh, your quite famous around here for your reasoning with doc on your lifestyle. Most people nod and then go on with what they want to do but you need to justify it". She's been his nurse since I moved down here and we connected because she's a survivor and those people are special to me, just like our Lady Popsadoodles.

My Wife kinda gave me the same diagnosis. Only, she said it like this, "There ain't nothing wrong with you, cept you ain't that smart." and it was in reference to me asking her to bring me a beer.

:laugh:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good Saturday morning Pops and Popsadoodles! I'm sitting here avoiding work around the house and doing a fine job of it I might add. I had work done to my car this week and it's riding like it's brand new. That $1,000 was well spent. I also blame Looziana roads for hurting her in the first place. They've torn up the road in front of where I work. Instead of repairing the area, they tear up something else. Sorry, I'm really not here to complain.

After Geek Squad left me with no hot water in the sink, I took a nap. In my dream I walked into a strange place, said "I give up" and took a nap. Doesn't that count as two naps in one? I think so. Amazon better send me a good hose so I can enjoy my new dishwasher. If they don't, I'm going to hurt Jeff Bezos in his pockets! After I get all I want, I mean need from there.

Now to find something else to do in order to avoid working. Have a good Saturday everyone!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and you Sunday sleepy heads.

Going to be 105 here the next few days and I have officially stopped remembering Jan/Feb when the rest of the country was having a bad winter as an equalizer. I recall saying "we need to remember having a real spring come summer" to some people. They need to remind me of the spring now.

However, I do have news on the 'rona test, negative. I am a little disappointed in that if that was the worst symptoms I would have and could build antibodies, not a bad way to go. However, my nurse told me that I really don't want it because she said they haven't had time to research any residual effects of once having it and the results of the antibody research are inconclusive and one report that was shared with their system even said it's not only short term but the 2nd infection can be far deadlier. Particularly with those most susceptible which may include those that already had it. Just more of "we really don't know but we gotta say something".

Story I saw this morning really hit me hard. A 30 year old man attended a "corona party" in San Antonio. These are all the rage now as it's hosted by a positive testing person and it's to disprove this as a hoax, the single most ignorant and preposterous idea put forth since this began. Well, he proved it wasn't a hoax and he's dead. Learned his lesson the hard way I'd say. I do wonder how many people that don't think this is a hoax he came into close contact with since he'd already proven he'd taken this too lightly. I cannot socially distance enough from stupidity.

Xelda

Reaction score
Coachadoodles doesn't have Covid!!!! The world celebrates! (That's fireworks Runny commissioned. Between you and me, I think he's trying to burn down New York City as much as he is celebrating the good news.) We've got you by the gomers now Sir Mixalot, so stay safe and stop scaring us.

OGC.63581e762dac6ead4ae293f6af10e055

A happy and peaceful Sunday to everyone. I did a little work yesterday. It wasn't much, because I am on to my guilt trip ways and they rarely work any more. I need to find something else to get me going now. Have a good Sunday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Coachadoodles doesn't have Covid!!!! The world celebrates! (That's fireworks Runny commissioned. Between you and me, I think he's trying to burn down New York City as much as he is celebrating the good news.) We've got you by the gomers now Sir Mixalot, so stay safe and stop scaring us.

OGC.63581e762dac6ead4ae293f6af10e055

A happy and peaceful Sunday to everyone. I did a little work yesterday. It wasn't much, because I am on to my guilt trip ways and they rarely work any more. I need to find something else to get me going now. Have a good Sunday.
Thank you, my dear, I am happier not having it after giving it some more thought. Part of me was get it and get it over with but this thing is still such a mystery with the symptoms and how they run their course, I am better off not having it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thank you, my dear, I am happier not having it after giving it some more thought. Part of me was get it and get it over with but this thing is still such a mystery with the symptoms and how they run their course, I am better off not having it.
I don't know what percentage of people your age survive it, but doesn't seem like a promising number, considering that I've heard when it hits a retirement home, it does a lot of damage.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what percentage of people YOUR AGE!!!!!! survive it, but doesn't seem like a promising number, considering that I've heard when it hits a retirement home, it does a lot of damage.
Those nursing homes have a lot of barely getting by folks who's ailments landed them there and they're unable to distance and just the common cold is a danger. I think age is more of a magnet when other complications are present.

I am in pretty good health, my decadent and hedonistic lifestyle notwithstanding, and am independent. 'Rona better bring it's lunch if it's taking me on (notice how brave he is with a negative detection).

I tell ya, Runny, they put me in one of those homes, 'rona can have me. I am not going out that way. However, my plan to be shot by a jealous husband of a beautiful but neglected damsel is beginning to fade. I need to lose some weight to even get out the window, he could have his pick of shooting from either side and take his time or wait for the drop from the one story window to break my neck.

However, I shouldn't be too hasty about this. I hear those old folks like to play doctor more than 8 year old's.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Going to be 105 here the next few days and I have officially stopped remembering Jan/Feb when the rest of the country was having a bad winter as an equalizer. I recall saying "we need to remember having a real spring come summer" to some people. They need to remind me of the spring now.

However, I do have news on the 'rona test, negative. I am a little disappointed in that if that was the worst symptoms I would have and could build antibodies, not a bad way to go. However, my nurse told me that I really don't want it because she said they haven't had time to research any residual effects of once having it and the results of the antibody research are inconclusive and one report that was shared with their system even said it's not only short term but the 2nd infection can be far deadlier. Particularly with those most susceptible which may include those that already had it. Just more of "we really don't know but we gotta say something".

Story I saw this morning really hit me hard. A 30 year old man attended a "corona party" in San Antonio. These are all the rage now as it's hosted by a positive testing person and it's to disprove this as a hoax, the single most ignorant and preposterous idea put forth since this began. Well, he proved it wasn't a hoax and he's dead. Learned his lesson the hard way I'd say. I do wonder how many people that don't think this is a hoax he came into close contact with since he'd already proven he'd taken this too lightly. I cannot socially distance enough from stupidity.

Good morning Pops and friends. Today is a lovely day even tho the heat index is going to hit the triple digits soon. Heat index is 98 right now so we’re still in the cool part of the day. :cool:
Glad to hear the test results were negative CC.

Xelda

Reaction score
Thanks RGV, 106 real temp here today.
Hey Coach, remember that time when it was warming up down here and the north was getting pounded with snow? We could get out and do frickity frackity yard work and the north was getting more snow. Now they're sitting up there sipping iced tea in traffic as we drag around in triple digits. Summer sucks!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey Coach, remember that time when it was warming up down here and the north was getting pounded with snow? We could get out and do frickity frackity yard work and the north was getting more snow. Now they're sitting up there sipping iced tea in traffic as we drag around in triple digits. Summer sucks!
X girl, the yard work does not compute. Now, if you'd said remember when you'd take your evening cocktails and cigars with a heater instead of a fan, I could relate.

Summer has always been my most despised season, especially when hot pants stopped being a thing.

However, I have resigned myself to the fact that no place is perfect. Weather wise, Boise was the closest because they had 4 distinct seasons with no extremes while we lived there. It would hit the triples but hit the mid 60's at night so the climb back the next day was longer. When it doesn't get below 80 at night, easy to hit 100 before noon the next day.

And I am not complaining as much as just remarking. I am not imprisoned here, I made the choice to move here fully knowing what the summers are like.

But why oh why does the damned humidity have to be so bad????? Egads, it rains up in the south, doesn't matter what shoes you are wearing because you are making squishy sounds when you walk, you hope that that feeling in your underwear is just swamp butt and we don't sweat, our bodies weep.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's been hovering on both sides of 90° here for a couple of weeks, but very humid. People complain about it and I remind them about that thing the Inuits call "snow", and they smile and change the subject.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Congrats on the negative test!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Good news on your test. Unfortunately it’s hit close to home here with an outbreak at my mothers assisted living center.