FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My boss would totally call a snow day with that forecast. Maybe that’s why I don’t get bothered by big forecasts. Our 4-6” snowfalls are pretty standard fare. They forecast larger amounts and 98% of the time they get it totally wrong
We were fortunate in Colorado in that the state and counties had an abundance of first class snow removal equipment. They worked 24/7 and did a great job... The issue was the drivers, mostly native Coloradans, who wrongly thought they knew how to drive on icy roads.

I was taught to drive to the road conditions (if you had to drive in bad weather). It always amazed me to see drivers barreling down I-25 at 70 mph in near white-out conditions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
UPDATE: My boss doesn't want us driving tomorrow, so he only wants the guys who are doing local deliveries to try. I'm going in for 7 a.m. What am I going to do for 8 hours, you ask?..........Dunno, maybe nothing, most of the time. Maybe I just won't even go in. Stay tuned for the next episode of Who Gives a Crap.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
We were fortunate in Colorado in that the state and counties had an abundance of first class snow removal equipment. They worked 24/7 and did a great job... The issue was the drivers, mostly native Coloradans, who wrongly thought they knew how to drive on icy roads.

I was taught to drive to the road conditions (if you had to drive in bad weather). It always amazed me to see drivers barreling down I-25 at 70 mph in near white-out conditions.

There should be driver retraining classes required at different times of the year in areas of the country where snow and ice are an issue, and for people who move to areas where weather gets bad like that. So many people transplant for the scenery and/or their job and have no clue how to drive in bad weather. One of my pet peeves. I have an older vehicle, nothing fancy, but she’s a good car. A front wheel drive ‘05 Ford Escape (because as I had mentioned in a prior post I was waiting to replace until I paid off a loan that I have had forever, which I recently did), and I have never gotten it stuck. And I have zero accidents on my driving record (she says with an act of “The Brush” like... it ain’t no thang...). Just a little common sense people. If you are lacking in that department, I say stay home.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
UPDATE: My boss doesn't want us driving tomorrow, so he only wants the guys who are doing local deliveries to try. I'm going in for 7 a.m. What am I going to do for 8 hours, you ask?..........Dunno, maybe nothing, most of the time. Maybe I just won't even go in. Stay tuned for the next episode of Who Gives a Crap.

sounds like an opportunity to sleep in if you ask me

Xelda

Reaction score
I’m in contact negotiations for some chocolate pie. If I get it Tampa will win the super bowl and Tom Brady will become the next surgeon general. If not life will go on. Less sweet but a smaller shot.

Montanalo there is no way on earth I’d stick my butt up in the air here. They are always looking for new real estate to stab.

Driving. I’m sorry but No comment. driving in snow? Big time no comment.

Xelda

Reaction score
Super early morning Pops, Popsadoodles and our Popcycles. You might start to envy me here but don’t. I had two sponge baths this weekend. My mean old nurse taught me how to do it myself so everything was self inflicted. She’d ask ‘want a bath?’ And I’d go nope.

Today she made me change sheets after my sponge bath. I was fussing about her messing up my blankets (I’m hoarding them) when she had me get back in bed and covered my face with a sheet. :omg: I told her she’d better not be down there with a toe tag.

nurses are starting to trickle in to tell me good bye. It’s sad. I’ve been delightful. I’ll be here to give my little wild nurse fuzzy eyes tomorrow though. She took a trip to San Antonio. I suspect out of town monkey business. And here I am telling her business.

I will wish y’all a better Monday than I’m going to have before I accidentally delete everything.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Super early morning Pops, Popsadoodles and our Popcycles. You might start to envy me here but don’t. I had two sponge baths this weekend. My mean old nurse taught me how to do it myself so everything was self inflicted. She’d ask ‘want a bath?’ And I’d go nope.

Today she made me change sheets after my sponge bath. I was fussing about her messing up my blankets (I’m hoarding them) when she had me get back in bed and covered my face with a sheet. :omg: I told her she’d better not be down there with a toe tag.

nurses are starting to trickle in to tell me good bye. It’s sad. I’ve been delightful. I’ll be here to give my little wild nurse fuzzy eyes tomorrow though. She took a trip to San Antonio. I suspect out of town monkey business. And here I am telling her business.

I will wish y’all a better Monday than I’m going to have before I accidentally delete everything.

Sounds like they know you’re leaving... so, there’s no grand escape planned? Shucks! I was hoping to hear of it on the news so I could brag to people how I knew of the escapee and her accomplices. This after all you went through to plan this ending to your big adventure. No respect for an artist fine-tuning her craft.

Good luck, X. Hope you’re back home soon contemplating the paint color for your bathroom and appropriate playlists for whatever occasion you find yourself up against. I wonder... will there be one for your time in the lock up?

Xelda

Reaction score
I would be the worst criminal on earth with this oxygen machine so I bide my time.

Funny you should mention that, I am seriously thinking about repainting my kitchen now Jan. I seem to be on a light mint green kick. I painted my bathroom the same color as my bedroom. That one color looks good in the bedroom but looks amazing in the smaller room.

there will be no playlist for this place unless someone sang about the Senecot sweats. I doubt it’s a song so I’m free to contribute to the lyrics. Five days.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be the worst criminal on earth with this oxygen machine so I bide my time.

Funny you should mention that, I am seriously thinking about repainting my kitchen now Jan. I seem to be on a light mint green kick. I painted my bathroom the same color as my bedroom. That one color looks good in the bedroom but looks amazing in the smaller room.

there will be no playlist for this place unless someone sang about the Senecot sweats. I doubt it’s a song so I’m free to contribute to the lyrics. Five days.
Well, now I feel relieved about you. I feel good about your longevity because if your bathroom project took that long, your kitchen one will keep you around for at least 25 years.

I was confused about your bathroom. I'd think 'is she painting it again after just painting it after just painting it after just painting it again or has she just been talking about painting it for years? Does she really have any intention of painting it? Is this her version of my changes I am going to make in my life only it's her bathroom. And is her bathroom just symbolic?'

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, now I feel relieved about you. I feel good about your longevity because if your bathroom project took that long, your kitchen one will keep you around for at least 25 years.

I was confused about your bathroom. I'd think 'is she painting it again after just painting it after just painting it after just painting it again or has she just been talking about painting it for years? Does she really have any intention of painting it? Is this her version of my changes I am going to make in my life only it's her bathroom. And is her bathroom just symbolic?'
She's painting it like the Sistine Chapel, so there's a good reason it's taking so long. Paint for an hour; Get a neck massage.