FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and Popsidoodles. I need to invent a caffeine drip for myself. I can't woof the substance down in it's diluted form fast enough to hold my interest. My doctor said "drink water" and by that, she means a bathtub full every day. I figure if I drink what I'm drinking and the ice cubes melt, that's water. She doesn't agree.

Montanalo, southern bodies aren't used to that kind of cold. I promise you, he won't forget that plunge. As time goes on, the water temperatures will drop as he retells the story. Any future damage to a finger or toe will be written off as frostbite.

Morning Pops and all y'all. I hope you are are well and doing well as well.

Well, I am officially pissed now. I was told the pathology would take 5-7 business days and today is the 8th day because I cut the pathologist some slack and didn't count day of surgery as one for several reasons. First, the surgery was late starting as I seemed to be the only one prepared at the prescribed time. Secondly, they added another ERCP taking it from a 1.5 hour procedure to a 2.5 hour one so they could shave parts of my body while I was wherever the hell we go when under anesthesia. But thirdly is the real gift I gave the pathologist as I gave him credit for being like me. I gave him understandable and forgivable faults.

I assumed he had that 3rd martini at lunch, became a little tipsy and like me when martini 3 strikes, got in an amorous mood and decided to stop by the house to see what the wife was doing, found that she was in a negligee and rushed into his arms and he lost track of time. Upon arriving back at the hospital, decided it was too late to start a new process and decided to start the count on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. I actually never met the pathologist but he is friends with my surgeon, Dr. Frazee, so I liked him through that 2nd degree of separation but I was wrong!

When he arrived home, he didn't stop to ask himself "why is my wife in a negligee at 1:30 in the afternoon and why did she rush into my arms so quickly and want to make love in the foyer'? I'd tell him why! His old buddy, Dr. Frazee, was in the closet and the wife diverted his attention so he could make a back door exit. Dr. Frazee went straight from messin' with a messy gall bladder to messin' with the pathologist's wife. He suspects something and is holding up my report as payback. "You're sleeping with my wife and I am not giving you this report on time just because of that!!!!", I can hear him yelling through the tears and heartbreak. If this guy knows what's good for him, he'd better give me my damned report or I'll wreck his pretend life in my mind.

I've got my follow up on Monday with the surgeon and I need to ask him one question that has been puzzling me since that first ERCP. Why are they shaving parts of my body while I am out and what the hell is this tar like stuff on me that will not come off? This last time, I had bruises on the back of both of my arms and my upper chest and all arm pit foliage was gone, just gone! Is that tar a remnant of them tarring and feathering me, taking pics and they forget to get all the tar off? Do they play some kind of weird OR trivia game where if they guess right, they get to shave parts of the patient? The nurse shaved my abdomen for the surgery but made no mention that others might decide to take some more body hair. Do they have some huge hair ball hidden within the bowels of the hospital and they just keep adding to it?

I got home and the second night I was home, I raised my arm and saw it, mine looked like my wife's underarms. I raised the other and same thing, not a hair in sight and my chest was shaved (and I didn't fail to notice I have rather nice breasts for a man of my age) and came to the only conclusion I could come up with, they are methodically and slowly transgendering me. This is all a ruse, my gall bladder was fine, they want to turn me into a woman!!

Little do they know what they would be creating, Slutzilla! I would be a terrible woman. One drink and I'm ready to do a mattress angel and you know me, when don't I have one drink in me? I'd get kicked out of CVS, HEB and Walmart and I gotta say any woman that gets kicked out of Walmart for slutting it up has pretty much set a new standard. And that would be my goal!!!!! You see?? Terrible woman!

Ok, see what happens when deadlines aren't met? I was fine, have you fine folks to testify to that, well, fine for me anyway. I was damned near normal but that 5-7 day clock rolled over and this is what I become. This is one of those situations that I do fill in the unknown because that's my defense mechanism when the news could be bad.

My greatest fear is not for me but for my sons, they cannot lose both parents to the monster and wait for it to come for them.

I still have hope that I will go being shot by a jealous, and much younger, husband going out the bedroom window. However, it is beginning to look like I will go out as a lesbian.
You better protect that thang because the Council of Women says Kaitlyn was more than we could bear, we can't take CouchCoachella too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has it been 8 business days? I realize the hospital is open every day, but that department may not work every day, so maybe they only count the days they actually work...or maybe they hand draw the pictures, and they ran out of bile colored crayons.
Yep, got cut Tuesday, a week ago. That's why they use business days, the usual M-F ones.

I did get a message from my primary about my blood panel and he ended it with "awaiting pathology report" and that was yesterday.

And I am not sure I am so keen you making fun out of my serious, OK, could be serious, condition with crayon jokes.

Jeez, I come here for hugs and what do I get? Jokes. Actually, I prefer jokes to hugs because hugs don't make me laugh except this one time a woman with really long arms gave me a hug to remember.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all. I hope you are are well and doing well as well.

Well, I am officially pissed now. I was told the pathology would take 5-7 business days and today is the 8th day because I cut the pathologist some slack and didn't count day of surgery as one for several reasons. First, the surgery was late starting as I seemed to be the only one prepared at the prescribed time. Secondly, they added another ERCP taking it from a 1.5 hour procedure to a 2.5 hour one so they could shave parts of my body while I was wherever the hell we go when under anesthesia. But thirdly is the real gift I gave the pathologist as I gave him credit for being like me. I gave him understandable and forgivable faults.

I assumed he had that 3rd martini at lunch, became a little tipsy and like me when martini 3 strikes, got in an amorous mood and decided to stop by the house to see what the wife was doing, found that she was in a negligee and rushed into his arms and he lost track of time. Upon arriving back at the hospital, decided it was too late to start a new process and decided to start the count on Wednesday instead of Tuesday. I actually never met the pathologist but he is friends with my surgeon, Dr. Frazee, so I liked him through that 2nd degree of separation but I was wrong!

When he arrived home, he didn't stop to ask himself "why is my wife in a negligee at 1:30 in the afternoon and why did she rush into my arms so quickly and want to make love in the foyer'? I'd tell him why! His old buddy, Dr. Frazee, was in the closet and the wife diverted his attention so he could make a back door exit. Dr. Frazee went straight from messin' with a messy gall bladder to messin' with the pathologist's wife. He suspects something and is holding up my report as payback. "You're sleeping with my wife and I am not giving you this report on time just because of that!!!!", I can hear him yelling through the tears and heartbreak. If this guy knows what's good for him, he'd better give me my damned report or I'll wreck his pretend life in my mind.

I've got my follow up on Monday with the surgeon and I need to ask him one question that has been puzzling me since that first ERCP. Why are they shaving parts of my body while I am out and what the hell is this tar like stuff on me that will not come off? This last time, I had bruises on the back of both of my arms and my upper chest and all arm pit foliage was gone, just gone! Is that tar a remnant of them tarring and feathering me, taking pics and they forget to get all the tar off? Do they play some kind of weird OR trivia game where if they guess right, they get to shave parts of the patient? The nurse shaved my abdomen for the surgery but made no mention that others might decide to take some more body hair. Do they have some huge hair ball hidden within the bowels of the hospital and they just keep adding to it?

I got home and the second night I was home, I raised my arm and saw it, mine looked like my wife's underarms. I raised the other and same thing, not a hair in sight and my chest was shaved (and I didn't fail to notice I have rather nice breasts for a man of my age) and came to the only conclusion I could come up with, they are methodically and slowly transgendering me. This is all a ruse, my gall bladder was fine, they want to turn me into a woman!!

Little do they know what they would be creating, Slutzilla! I would be a terrible woman. One drink and I'm ready to do a mattress angel and you know me, when don't I have one drink in me? I'd get kicked out of CVS, HEB and Walmart and I gotta say any woman that gets kicked out of Walmart for slutting it up has pretty much set a new standard. And that would be my goal!!!!! You see?? Terrible woman!

Ok, see what happens when deadlines aren't met? I was fine, have you fine folks to testify to that, well, fine for me anyway. I was damned near normal but that 5-7 day clock rolled over and this is what I become. This is one of those situations that I do fill in the unknown because that's my defense mechanism when the news could be bad.

My greatest fear is not for me but for my sons, they cannot lose both parents to the monster and wait for it to come for them.

I still have hope that I will go being shot by a jealous, and much younger, husband going out the bedroom window. However, it is beginning to look like I will go out as a lesbian.
Man…That comment about your sons got me. I remember having to tell my kids and parents I had cancer. That tore me up more than the bad health report. I was very lucky in the end.

Coach we’re all with you and my prayers for your full recovery join with those of everyone else. Your good humor and wisdom are so appreciated. Healing and full recovery is my prayer. Cheers!

Xelda

Reaction score
Ok, it's a romantic Saturday night and I'm trying to figure out how to get my king sized mooshy mattress off my bed by myself. I bought a new bed frame and want to do away with the box springs. The bed only teases that it might consider moving with my best efforts. I've imagined myself dead between the mattress and box springs with my ankles sticking out or sleeping on the floor. This would be an ominous warning for most folks, but not me. I have willed things to happen and this is just one of many. Maybe I need a move the dad blasted mattress playlist. I'd probably start with 2001 A Space Odyssey and move on to the Three Stooges sound effects and close with their theme song.

The new bed frame is supposed to take 30 minutes to put together. I'm giving myself 2 hours before I have to read the instructions. I think that's plenty of time to mess around with all those parts. I'm glad that I'm only driving myself crazy instead of taking anyone else down with me.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. I guess I missed the birthday posts, so I'll add my belated Happy Birthday, Jan as well.
I'm starting to get more excited about football now that training camp has started. Have a great day, Y'all.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. I guess I missed the birthday posts, so I'll add my belated Happy Birthday, Jan as well.
I'm starting to get more excited about football now that training camp has started. Have a great day, Y'all.
Thank you, Leon. There weren’t really any posts that I saw until Xelda let the cat out of the bag lol… and that’s okay. Maybe someday I’ll make a big deal about it, but right now not so much, but the thoughts are appreciated.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Happy Belated Birthday to Jan.

Hope all y'all have a Funday Sunday as we head toward the real summer down here and I know I said I would not complain after that winter storm took us down but did anyone think I was serious?

I keep asking myself "why did I move deeper into the heart of Texas if I don't like summer and particularly summer in Texas and in fact, I do not like Texas, the Mississippi of the Southwest"? And the answer comes back, because I have never not paid for an emotional decision and this was 100% that.

I have yet to take Smiley out this season for a spin on the lake, after buying two more batteries and paying for the de-winterizing and I don't know when I am going to take her out, if at all this summer. My boat buddy in Dallas counseled me on buying a boat as he's had over 20 of them and has 3 presently. Dunno about you but a guy with that many boats telling me not to do it didn't connect. He did talk me out of the more expensive one I was looking at.

Headed back to the surgeon tomorrow morning for the first follow up and I am glad, need to see if this continuing pain where that drain was is normal. I really didn't know what to expect. The laparoscopic is much better than the old way in recovery time and discomfort but I still don't know how I am supposed to be doing, other than looking like a hairless chihuahua above the waist and I need some splainin bout that. It's only been 10 days since he cut so I may actually be doing better than expected. He'd better treat me well tomorrow or I am going to tell him I know about him and the pathologist's wife.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

Happy belated birthday @GrammaJan - wishing you all the best.

@Xelda the comment about southern bodies not used the cold cracked me. The funny thing is I took the kids to Flathead Lake a couple of days layer and both had a blast swimming despite water temperatures around 65F. I know they had a good time cause the lips turned blue and they still wanted to stay in the water... I was sitting comfortably at a picnic table in the shade.

@CouchCoach good luck tomorrow with your doctor's appointment. Here's hoping the doc does a really good job of doctor 'splaning.

Have a great Sunday, everyone

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

@Xelda the comment about southern bodies not used the cold cracked me. The funny thing is I took the kids to Flathead Lake a couple of days layer and both had a blast swimming despite water temperatures around 65F. I know they had a good time cause the lips turned blue and they still wanted to stay in the water... I was sitting comfortably at a picnic table in the shade.

@CouchCoach good luck tomorrow with your doctor's appointment. Here's hoping the doc does a really good job of doctor 'splaning.

Kids don't care about the heat or cold. I remember going to Phoenix when I was 11, and running around in the desert like a jackrabbit all day. The only thing that bothered me was touching the door handle on the car when it was time to go somewhere.

FF to age 17, and a return visit to Phoenix, and I thought I was gonna die after playing frisbee for about 10 minutes.

Of course, that was before I learned how much Winter sucks for an adult.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Happy Belated Birthday to Jan.

Hope all y'all have a Funday Sunday as we head toward the real summer down here and I know I said I would not complain after that winter storm took us down but did anyone think I was serious?

I keep asking myself "why did I move deeper into the heart of Texas if I don't like summer and particularly summer in Texas and in fact, I do not like Texas, the Mississippi of the Southwest"? And the answer comes back, because I have never not paid for an emotional decision and this was 100% that.

I have yet to take Smiley out this season for a spin on the lake, after buying two more batteries and paying for the de-winterizing and I don't know when I am going to take her out, if at all this summer. My boat buddy in Dallas counseled me on buying a boat as he's had over 20 of them and has 3 presently. Dunno about you but a guy with that many boats telling me not to do it didn't connect. He did talk me out of the more expensive one I was looking at.

Headed back to the surgeon tomorrow morning for the first follow up and I am glad, need to see if this continuing pain where that drain was is normal. I really didn't know what to expect. The laparoscopic is much better than the old way in recovery time and discomfort but I still don't know how I am supposed to be doing, other than looking like a hairless chihuahua above the waist and I need some splainin bout that. It's only been 10 days since he cut so I may actually be doing better than expected. He'd better treat me well tomorrow or I am going to tell him I know about him and the pathologist's wife.
Thank you Coach! Hoping for the best for you at the doc!!!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Thank you Colo. I appreciate the birthday wishes.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kids don't care about the heat or cold. I remember going to Phoenix when I was 11, and running around in the desert like a jackrabbit all day. The only thing that bothered me was touching the door handle on the car when it was time to go somewhere.

FF to age 17, and a return visit to Phoenix, and I thought I was gonna die after playing frisbee for about 10 minutes.

Of course, that was before I learned how much Winter sucks for an adult.
Boyhowdy, if that ain't the truth!!!! As kids, we'd run around in the sun all day, playing baseball, swimming, exploring, squirrel hunting, you name it!!!! We complained when Mom made us come out of the sun!!!!!!!!!!