FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, Hurricane Henri is forecasted to crash right smack into CT, and my house should be right in the middle of it at some point...so happy about that. The rain on Wednesday flooded our parking lot at work, and a lot of the inside of the buildings as well, so all the rain they're expecting on Sunday isn't going to have much ground to absorb into. The first place the storm is set to hit is Long Island, NY, which is a fairly flat area, mostly, and the storm surge is expected to be "astronomically high", which means a lot of heavy flooding.......Anyone care to guess where I'm delivering to on Monday?.......Anyone?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well, Hurricane Henri is forecasted to crash right smack into CT, and my house should be right in the middle of it at some point...so happy about that. The rain on Wednesday flooded our parking lot at work, and a lot of the inside of the buildings as well, so all the rain they're expecting on Sunday isn't going to have much ground to absorb into. The first place the storm is set to hit is Long Island, NY, which is a fairly flat area, mostly, and the storm surge is expected to be "astronomically high", which means a lot of heavy flooding.......Anyone care to guess where I'm delivering to on Monday?.......Anyone?

be a good time to take vacation days

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many sick days do you have left?
Seriously, be careful buddy. That storm looks nasty.
It's like snowstorms: "Driver's discretion". If it looks like a bad idea to go, I just won't. Unfortunately, if I lose power, I won't know what it's like anywhere else, and even if I have power, it might be tough to find out anything about Long Island at 3:00 a.m., which is when I'd be leaving for work. It'll be fine...but thanks, Brother!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
It's like snowstorms: "Driver's discretion". If it looks like a bad idea to go, I just won't. Unfortunately, if I lose power, I won't know what it's like anywhere else, and even if I have power, it might be tough to find out anything about Long Island at 3:00 a.m., which is when I'd be leaving for work. It'll be fine...but thanks, Brother!

Be careful RWB. Don’t take any chances. Sometimes it’s best to hunker down and wait for the all clear.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"I'll take Manhattan".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First hurricane up there in 30 years according to the news. When we first moved to New Orleans, we couldn't wait to experience our first hurricane and hurricane party. Later my wife would remark "funny, the only people that showed up had never been through a hurricane, just like us". We also realized the lack of power makes a poor party.

Respect, my friend. Respect for nature as she shows us every now and then who really owns this planet. And Mother Nature has been a little pissed lately. If she wants, she can send us back to the dark ages and that's literal.

Two movies to avoid, if you do not lose power. "Hard Rain" and "Perfect Storm". I think of "Perfect Storm" and our Runny bobbing around in the ocean on a stack of lumber yelling "damn you, Manhattan, damn you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First hurricane up there in 30 years according to the news. When we first moved to New Orleans, we couldn't wait to experience our first hurricane and hurricane party. Later my wife would remark "funny, the only people that showed up had never been through a hurricane, just like us". We also realized the lack of power makes a poor party.

Respect, my friend. Respect for nature as she shows us every now and then who really owns this planet. And Mother Nature has been a little pissed lately. If she wants, she can send us back to the dark ages and that's literal.

Two movies to avoid, if you do not lose power. "Hard Rain" and "Perfect Storm". I think of "Perfect Storm" and our Runny bobbing around in the ocean on a stack of lumber yelling "damn you, Manhattan, damn you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, it doesn't feel like it's been that long. I guess the Nor'easters keep us from missing the hurricanes.

Xelda

Reaction score
I forbid you to go! Your life is far more important than a delivery into extreme conditions. Also, you're a Cowboys fan which makes you MANY times more valuable than the riff raff (common knowledge and general good sense.).

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, Brother. So far, so good...Fingers crossed (for some reason)
Looks like it's going to get nasty. Hunker down and ride her out, or him. And why Henri, with an i? Storms were mostly referred to as she's because men named them. If we let women name them, they'd all be named awesome person followed by a number.

Good luck, Runny, and I hope the power doesn't fail or for long. That seems to be the major concern from what I read.

Xelda

Reaction score
Ok, just checked the weather map and can't find New York for all the weather. I guess all we can say is "We love you". While being led off in chains, you shoot back "I know". This is where we discuss amongst ourselves "Why the hell did he say 'I know'? Would it have killed him to say ;I love y'all, too' "? Also when they freeze you in kryptonite, make a funny face so you don't end up as The Man's cherished wall art. You really should stay home!

It looks like Dabz is getting hit as well. Stay safe, Dabz!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok, just checked the weather map and can't find New York for all the weather. I guess all we can say is "We love you". While being led off in chains, you shoot back "I know". This is where we discuss amongst ourselves "Why the hell did he say 'I know'? Would it have killed him to say ;I love y'all, too' "? Also when they freeze you in kryptonite, make a funny face so you don't end up as The Man's cherished wall art. You really should stay home!

It looks like Dabz is getting hit as well. Stay safe, Dabz!
Carbonite....Kryptonite would kill me! :laugh: