FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and visit with Pops. Believe folks, and I can't say this enough, there are many, many things you can do with your day that are far less rewarding then stopping in and saying hello to Pops.

I'm renewed and I have some perspective back, in terms of the Cowboys. I mean, I don't know why, anybody couldn't see this coming from a mile off but still, it's like standing at the plate and watching a pitch just keep breaking up and in. You know it's going to hit you, you can see it coming but still, it Hurts and you are surprised at how much. LOL....... Anyhow, it's all good.

RW, I am happy that you are enjoying the day. Be well Brother.

Well, the Wife made peach cobbler on Sunday and I finished off the last of it with coffee this morning. Now, truth be told, I should not have because I am diabetic but honestly, I just can't help it. She actually made one on Saturday, which was gone in about 15 minutes and so she made another on Sunday. That one was pretty well dented too but there was about a 3rd left (only because the Wife picked it up and saved it for me), and now it's gone. Heaven while it lasted thou.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day. I hope everybody is off to a good start for the week.

Everybody, do me a favor and maybe yourselfs as well. Take a minute and Cue up Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions and just give a quick listen to "People Get Ready". You can't be in a bad mood after giving that a listen.

Bell well everybody.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and visit with Pops. Believe folks, and I can't say this enough, there are many, many things you can do with your day that are far less rewarding then stopping in and saying hello to Pops.

I'm renewed and I have some perspective back, in terms of the Cowboys. I mean, I don't know why, anybody couldn't see this coming from a mile off but still, it's like standing at the plate and watching a pitch just keep breaking up and in. You know it's going to hit you, you can see it coming but still, it Hurts and you are surprised at how much. LOL....... Anyhow, it's all good.

RW, I am happy that you are enjoying the day. Be well Brother.

Well, the Wife made peach cobbler on Sunday and I finished off the last of it with coffee this morning. Now, truth be told, I should not have because I am diabetic but honestly, I just can't help it. She actually made one on Saturday, which was gone in about 15 minutes and so she made another on Sunday. That one was pretty well dented too but there was about a 3rd left (only because the Wife picked it up and saved it for me), and now it's gone. Heaven while it lasted thou.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day. I hope everybody is off to a good start for the week.

Everybody, do me a favor and maybe yourselfs as well. Take a minute and Cue up Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions and just give a quick listen to "People Get Ready". You can't be in a bad mood after giving that a listen.

Bell well everybody.
Try to have some will power with the cobbler...we want you around for a while! If your wife saved you a piece, and you're diabetic, are you sure she feels the same way about you that you feel about her???
:huh: :laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Try to have some will power with the cobbler...we want you around for a while! If your wife saved you a piece, and you're diabetic, are you sure she feels the same way about you that you feel about her???
:huh: :laugh:

She absolutely does not. She sees me as the SOB who she has to make Cobbler for. I see her as the exquisite source of the Golden Cobbler. We are literally oceans apart on that one RW.

LOL...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. Let me echo what @daboyzruleperiod said. On a happier thought my daughter bought the 4 yr. old a couple of nerf pistols so he could do "battle" with Papa (me). He was so excited opening the packages when he got one open he loaded the nerf ammunition in it and said excitedly, "Wocked and Woaded, Baby"
lulz.gif
He's going to wear me out with those things. Have a great day, Y'all.
:muttley:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. I hope the rain holds off today long enough for me to play golf. We have a 35% chance of showers. Good luck and prayers to those that will be affected by the hurricane. Stay save everyone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
200w.gif
Good Morning Pops! Lots of prayers going out to everyone whose running for cover in the Carolina's & Virginia area's.​

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and check out the thread today.

So........ took your advice RW and decide to make Peanut Butter Cookies with Splenda. They actually turned out pretty good. In fact, so good that out of two dozen cookies, I only have 10 left. Did I eat all the rest in one setting you ask? No, no, that's not what happened. My two heathen Boys, which I thought had moved out and were no longer a threat to my cookies, came over yesterday and ate them right out of the oven. Needless to say, I will have to make more but plan it better.

How is everybody this morning?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, keep on keepen on!

Everybody, get over the hump and lets push on to the Weekend! God Bless all who are in the path of the storm. Be safe!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. I'd like to share a deeply moving experience I had recently but I haven't had one of those. I did tackle the bushes and don't know how my yard tools draw so much attention. The next door neighbor had company and had to get them out of my yard as they were seconds shy of asking if they could try my little hedge trimmer. It is cute, but the battery isn't great so it's do a bush or two then recharge. In the summer, I don't complain because my battery doesn't work well in the heat either. Just some random ramblings. I wish everyone a wonderful day and am keeping a semi close eye on the storm. Stay safe out there and in here.

Just try not to babble, and if you do, wear an Eagles cap.
Eagles caps are mandatory for all questionable and criminal activity.
Good morning Pops, and everyone else who reads this, and to Hell with anyone who doesn't. My boss, in his wisdom, decided yesterday to give me - the guy with the debilitating back injury - a truckload of hand off deliveries, so I decided to tell him I'm taking the day off.........So here I am on my sofa, doing next to nothing, and feeling pretty good about it.

Hope y'all have a fantastic day!!
Who's the boss now? That'll teach them, Runny! Don't they have rookie drivers for that? You're the one braving NY and getting hit by crazy people that speed off.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who decide to stop in and check out the thread today.

So........ took your advice RW and decide to make Peanut Butter Cookies with Splenda. They actually turned out pretty good. In fact, so good that out of two dozen cookies, I only have 10 left. Did I eat all the rest in one setting you ask? No, no, that's not what happened. My two heathen Boys, which I thought had moved out and were no longer a threat to my cookies, came over yesterday and ate them right out of the oven. Needless to say, I will have to make more but plan it better.

How is everybody this morning?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, keep on keepen on!

Everybody, get over the hump and lets push on to the Weekend! God Bless all who are in the path of the storm. Be safe!
Let's see a recipe for those cookies but don't share my address with your Boys.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Let's see a recipe for those cookies but don't share my address with your Boys.

INGREDIENTSbutter or 1⁄2 cupmargarine, softened
  • 1⁄4cup Splenda brown sugar blend
( I did not use Chocolate Chips but Salt Free Peanuts instead)

1. Cream butter and peanut butter.
  2. Slowly add sugar substitutes.
  3. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
  4. In a separate bowl, combine oats and baking soda. Stir into peanut butter mixture.
  5. Add chocolate chips.
  6. Drop by tablespoon on baking sheet.
  7. Bake for 9-10 min at 350.
  8. Cook on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to cooling rack.
(I use wax paper on the baking sheet but you don't have to. You can prepare the backing sheet with lard or butter accordingly)

Your last thought is wise. I tried that but the Wife always tells them where we've moved. I tell ya, I can't win........

Xelda

Reaction score
I have a good Malted Milk Cookie recipe thanks to Mrs. Fields.
2 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
3/4 cup plain malted milk powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
2 sticks salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
12 ounces milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven 300 degrees
Combine flour, malted milk powder, soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
Blend sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add butter and mix. Add eggs, vanilla and condensed milk then beat at medium speed until fluffy.
Add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Blend on low until just combined.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along the edges. Transfer immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a good Malted Milk Cookie recipe thanks to Mrs. Fields.
2 1/2 cups all- purpose flour
3/4 cup plain malted milk powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
2 sticks salted butter, softened
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
12 ounces milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven 300 degrees
Combine flour, malted milk powder, soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk. Set aside.
Blend sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add butter and mix. Add eggs, vanilla and condensed milk then beat at medium speed until fluffy.
Add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Blend on low until just combined.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 22 - 25 minutes until cookies are slightly brown along the edges. Transfer immediately to a cool surface with a spatula.
But ABQ's point was using Splenda because he's pigged out on peach cobbler and he's diabetic. The poor man has to cook for himself because his wife keeps upping his life insurance and baking cobblers. And his doesn't have flour, he uses oats instead which should trim the carbs to where I could scarf the entire tray, clean it and leave no evidence that I'd ever been downing cookies.

I am usually not a sweets guy, but a sweet guy, but I have a weakness for cookies and my daughter-in-law's, who is a pastry chef, ***** brownies and homemade marshmallows and vanilla or lemon wafers.

I made my boys Tollhouse cookies one time and they sent me to the store for slice n bakes. Never made cookies again, I was crushed.

I've been getting these cookies at Costco, Mrs. Thinster's Key Lime Pie, and have requested that they shoot me on sight on my next visit, can't leave the damn things alone. They're great with a Margarita, the salt, lime and the cookies were made for each other. My mouth gets all crazy with joy and I growl at the dogs should they approach.