FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ha ha ha, no, not that kind of bad morning. I got into my own head last night about what I see as massive hurdles in front of me and now I'm deep into a funk. Hopefully this work day isn't too rough. I have a chiro appointment this evening...maybe he'll 'crack' it out of me.

You know, if you the I to a U and add another R in there, your appointment takes on a whole new meaning.
;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and TGIF to everyone, regardless of whether you're working or not! I've been remiss in my duties here in this thread lately. I don't know why, but I just keep forgetting to come here.

CC, is today your anniversary? If so, I hope you'll be smiling today, thinking about all the good times you had with her. You know we're here for you, if you need to talk....or if you just want to share some memories.
Next Friday, the 24th, would have been the 51st but who's counting? And thanks for thinking of that, Runny.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ha ha ha, no, not that kind of bad morning. I got into my own head last night about what I see as massive hurdles in front of me and now I'm deep into a funk. Hopefully this work day isn't too rough. I have a chiro appointment this evening...maybe he'll 'crack' it out of me.
Those hurdles need to be addressed as just that.

I ran track in high school and was the fastest sprinter on our team and my coach wanted me to try hurdles but I could not get my head right. He tried to train me to not focus on the first hurdle but the one after that once I was approaching that first hurdle. According to him, once I had finished my focus on that first hurdle, my body was ready to follow the instructions of my brain and prepare for the next hurdle but I couldn't stop myself from focusing on clearing the first hurdle and would throw my timing off on the subsequent hurdles. I never could do it.

Hurdles are to be cleared or they become barriers and the longer we focus on one specific hurdle, the more difficult the next ones become. Massive is a state of mind, reduce each hurdle to steps to clear it, once in motion, focus on the next steps to the next hurdle because the most necessary element is forward motion. Once your focus is where it should be and your underway, each step reduces massive to manageable. Reduce everything down to it's smallest components because they are easier to overcome and before you know it, the hurdles get smaller as you stay in motion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I ran track in high school and was the fastest sprinter on our team and my coach wanted me to try hurdles but I could not get my head right. He tried to train me to not focus on the first hurdle but the one after that once I was approaching that first hurdle. According to him, once I had finished my focus on that first hurdle, my body was ready to follow the instructions of my brain and prepare for the next hurdle but I couldn't stop myself from focusing on clearing the first hurdle and would throw my timing off on the subsequent hurdles. I never could do it.

Hurdles are to be cleared or they become barriers and the longer we focus on one specific hurdle, the more difficult the next ones become. Massive is a state of mind, reduce each hurdle to steps to clear it, once in motion, focus on the next steps to the next hurdle because the most necessary element is forward motion. Once your focus is where it should be and your underway, each step reduces massive to manageable. Reduce everything down to it's smallest components because they are easier to overcome and before you know it, the hurdles get smaller as you stay in motion.
Easier said than done...by your own admission. :laugh:

GrammaJan

Reaction score

I always considered myself too vertically challenged for hurdles so stuck to the distance running. Guess that applies here too. Thanks for the push, Coach. Send me your bill:)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop in and visit this thread today.

It's another Friday and it looks like it's going to be a nice day. I'm looking forward to spending some time with the Wife this weekend, it's our Anniversary this Saturday.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all enjoying a good Friday!

OK, I'm off to finish what I gotta get done today. Everybody, have a great day and a great weekend!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Easier said than done...by your own admission. :laugh:
Absolutely. But I have used the reduction process with challenges or problems in order to make them manageable.

As I have confessed more than once here, I am great at passing on advice I ignored. My Dad would be proud that I had actually listened and remembered. He knew following that was far too much to ask.

I remember one time we were in this argument and I fired back at him "hey, if you don't mind, I'll make my own mistakes"! He just relaxed and smiled and responded "those are not your own mistakes, others made them well before you did, that's what I'm trying to tell you".

But I had a difficult relationship with my Dad until I moved out. He was old school, beat me on the lower body with a belt to discipline me early like between 4-8 and I resented him my entire life for that. He had a hard time convincing me that was for my own good and failed to balance that with showing me much love or time.

I was so angry that even if I knew that was sound advice and the only way I should go, I wouldn't do that because it came from him, the smartest man I ever knew. Took me a long time to understand why I had to take the hard way.

So, ole CC's aim in life is to pass on all of the advice that would have made his life so much easier if he'd heeded that. If mistakes are lessons, I am a PHD.

But, I will pass on one piece of advice that I've been in the process of experiencing over the last 10 years, forgive myself. I can't let memories comfort me until I can do that because guilt is the ever present enemy just waiting in the wings to go on stage. And guilt loves the spotlight.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely. But I have used the reduction process with challenges or problems in order to make them manageable.

As I have confessed more than once here, I am great at passing on advice I ignored. My Dad would be proud that I had actually listened and remembered. He knew following that was far too much to ask.

I remember one time we were in this argument and I fired back at him "hey, if you don't mind, I'll make my own mistakes"! He just relaxed and smiled and responded "those are not your own mistakes, others made them well before you did, that's what I'm trying to tell you".

But I had a difficult relationship with my Dad until I moved out. He was old school, beat me on the lower body with a belt to discipline me early like between 4-8 and I resented him my entire life for that. He had a hard time convincing me that was for my own good and failed to balance that with showing me much love or time.

I was so angry that even if I knew that was sound advice and the only way I should go, I wouldn't do that because it came from him, the smartest man I ever knew. Took me a long time to understand why I had to take the hard way.

So, ole CC's aim in life is to pass on all of the advice that would have made his life so much easier if he'd heeded that. If mistakes are lessons, I am a PHD.

But, I will pass on one piece of advice that I've been in the process of experiencing over the last 10 years, forgive myself. I can't let memories comfort me until I can do that because guilt is the ever present enemy just waiting in the wings to go on stage. And guilt loves the spotlight.
Y'all used those likes prematurely, I had a lot more to say after Absolutely. You can take them back if you want.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You really have to marvel at all the time you DID have. That is huge.
Yep, married 42 years and exclusive the 3 years before that. I was a very lucky man. Luckier than I deserved by a long shot.

I think I've mentioned this before but I harken back to it and was just talking to him last week. One of our friends is a very successful lawyer in Dallas and has been married 4 times and none lasted over 4 years. When he was going through the last one we took him out to dinner and he was going on about his choices and I asked him "what do you want, what are you looking for"? Without missing a beat, he looked at me and said "I want her" pointing to my wife. I laughed, nervously, because all he ex's had made out really well and we always thought two of them were just gold diggers anyway. I asked him if after my wife divorced him, could we still be friends if we got remarried. We all laughed and I double checked to make sure my wife was laughing.

Then, he got this real serious look on his face and asked "how long have you guys been married"? I replied "34 years', luckily got that right because my wife didn't volunteer the answer. He said "I want what you have. You've been married 34 years and the way you look at Sharon, I never looked at any of my wives like that. I've known infatuation and lust but I don't think I've even known real love".

There's another reason that lives so vividly in my memory. We were both quiet on the ride home, but we could be silent in each others' silence like that, but when we got home, we made love like we were newlyweds and I mean made love, not just hot bone jumping. It was a night we didn't want to end.

G, he's not the only friend that I have that's been on that search and most are women. Man, you find that person and everything else just slides to second place. I took that for granted far too often but I am learning to forgive myself for that and just soak in what I really had and like you say, for how long I had that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yep, married 42 years and exclusive the 3 years before that. I was a very lucky man. Luckier than I deserved by a long shot.

I think I've mentioned this before but I harken back to it and was just talking to him last week. One of our friends is a very successful lawyer in Dallas and has been married 4 times and none lasted over 4 years. When he was going through the last one we took him out to dinner and he was going on about his choices and I asked him "what do you want, what are you looking for"? Without missing a beat, he looked at me and said "I want her" pointing to my wife. I laughed, nervously, because all he ex's had made out really well and we always thought two of them were just gold diggers anyway. I asked him if after my wife divorced him, could we still be friends if we got remarried. We all laughed and I double checked to make sure my wife was laughing.

Then, he got this real serious look on his face and asked "how long have you guys been married"? I replied "34 years', luckily got that right because my wife didn't volunteer the answer. He said "I want what you have. You've been married 34 years and the way you look at Sharon, I never looked at any of my wives like that. I've known infatuation and lust but I don't think I've even known real love".

There's another reason that lives so vividly in my memory. We were both quiet on the ride home, but we could be silent in each others' silence like that, but when we got home, we made love like we were newlyweds and I mean made love, not just hot bone jumping. It was a night we didn't want to end.

G, he's not the only friend that I have that's been on that search and most are women. Man, you find that person and everything else just slides to second place. I took that for granted far too often but I am learning to forgive myself for that and just soak in what I really had and like you say, for how long I had that.
Yeah man, when you land the right one it's just different.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Looks like summer is going to set in. Humidity was 79% earlier so the jog wasn’t as easy as it was 2 days ago although it feels good to sweat like a hog lol.
On Monday I worked on a self propelled lawnmower someone was throwing away. In the process of working on it, I lost the hinge pin to the float but I went “McGiver” and used a piece of wire. I removed and cleaned out the fuel tank. Put it all back together and vrooom it fired up. One pull and it would crank right up all day. The next day, it would not start. It will probably wind up by the curb later today. Wire and all.

Yesterday I built a wooden ice chest using old picket wood ppl throw away. It’s gives it the old rustic look. The Mrs was pleased. Pinterest has a lot of good ideas.

I mowed the yard Monday and looks like it needs mowing today. Might have to set the blades a little lower this time. :muttley:

Have a great Friday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. Looks like summer is going to set in. Humidity was 79% earlier so the jog wasn’t as easy as it was 2 days ago although it feels good to sweat like a hog lol.
On Monday I worked on a self propelled lawnmower someone was throwing away. In the process of working on it, I lost the hinge pin to the float but I went “McGiver” and used a piece of wire. I removed and cleaned out the fuel tank. Put it all back together and vrooom it fired up. One pull and it would crank right up all day. The next day, it would not start. It will probably wind up by the curb later today. Wire and all.

Yesterday I built a wooden ice chest using old picket wood ppl throw away. It’s gives it the old rustic look. The Mrs was pleased. Pinterest has a lot of good ideas.

I mowed the yard Monday and looks like it needs mowing today. Might have to set the blades a little lower this time. :muttley:

Have a great Friday everyone.
What an amazing coincidence, I built an ice chest yesterday as well. I was lucky to find these letters Y E T I laying around and now no one knows the difference.

Don't know if y'all have ever seen the video of how proud they are of YETI coolers with the bear trying to tear it up and get into it but if a bear ever breaks into the back of my SUV, I am prepared. And should I happen to go camping, he'll have to ask for the key at the front desk.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. I'd rather be alone forever, than be with the wrong one again.
I know some that feel that way. Two tried dating and just gave up. The investment of time wasn't worth it to them.

And I gotta say, Runny, I haven't met a woman that I'd want to be married to or live with and I am sure the reverse is true as well. Each passing day of bachelorhood for ole CC means another 30 days of training by a good woman.