NFL delays free agency until Thursday

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
my questions as well...

if the cuts are delayed, then I'm going to bed... :banghead:

Mort ESPN....just said the cut deadline would probably be extended till 4:00 Thursday....... He said Thursday but he probably meant Wed since FA would begin 12:01 AM Thursday morning.

calico

Reaction score
this is just pathetic...just more water dumped on my desire to continue watching NFL football...

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
Dude I'm totally rollin' right now.......I know you guys were rooting for No CBA but this is too funny.......

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Yes, I also just saw Mort's report. Cut deadline moved again.

What a downer! Goodnight to all.

DaBoyz73

Reaction score
iceberg said:
is anyone else just starting to lose interest in football in general?

I've had enough. Tags, Upshaw, the NFL, the NFLPA and the NFL owners all suck!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Mort ESPN....just said the cut deadline would probably be extended till 4:00 Thursday....... He said Thursday but he probably meant Wed since FA would begin 12:01 AM Thursday morning.
Thanks Cbz. I'm going to bed then... Cya all in the morning..

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
calico said:
this is just pathetic...just more water dumped on my desire to continue watching NFL football...

agreed. watching millionaires and billionaires argue over money is just old and tends to kill the sport.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
iceberg said:
is anyone else just starting to lose interest in football in general?

Interesting point...

If you're old enough to remember the game prior to free agency and the cap, it's difficult to maintain the same level of interest in a team because ultimately, ya end up rooting for laundry...

Yep, it's the Cowboys...the same uniform...but I've had a problem getting juiced up over Keyshawn, Bledsoe, Testaverde, Ferguson, Dedric Ward, Rivera, etc...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
Dude I'm totally rollin' right now.......I know you guys were rooting for No CBA but this is too funny.......

It's not all about your precious Commanders... We want FA to start so we can use the cap space we have. The Commanders troubles are just icing.

superpunk

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:

meh...who cares...it's not like the Skins won't be cellar dwellers again next year anyway.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It needs to start thursday then. If I have to read another thread about what QB we should take in the 7th round, imma ................

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
Interesting point...

If you're old enough to remember the game prior to free agency and the cap, it's difficult to maintain the same level of interest in a team because ultimately, ya end up rooting for laundry...

Yep, it's the Cowboys...the same uniform...but I've had a problem getting juiced up over Keyshawn, Bledsoe, Testaverde, Ferguson, Dedric Ward, Rivera, etc...

good point. it's not like you're rooting for a TEAM anymore, but like you say - laundry. uniforms. the past at times. the players we're given on any given year of FA coups is just again, patchwork. i'm tired of the revolving door of vets coming and going due to "business decisions" that force the "team" to be a thing of the past.

this is one of the biggest reasons why i hate the "superbowl or bust" plan parcells has us on. *even if we win* they're not "cowboys" doing it but hired guns and a plan thrown on the wall that stuck the longest.

i miss the days when we had a team, almost a family, to root for. now we have the cowboys, like any fan has their team sure - but as you pointed out, it's just a collection of players of the FA market someone picked up.

hmmm...

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
superpunk said:
meh...who cares...it's not like the Skins won't be cellar dwellers again next year anyway.

um.....You think they'll be worse with the CBA ?.....doubtful......depends on Which Brunell shows up......

The season certainly does not come down to some random bias guy on a message board.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:

I would be laughing too if the NFL commissioner was basically re-doing the deadlines to cover my owner's ineptitude.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Maxmadden said:
I think most just want free agency to begin.......

I agre...at this point, I could care less about the Commanders, I just want to sign someone......

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
:eek: There is something very disturbing about this post. ;)

it's hard to picture a nors post that in some ways *isn't* disturbing. :p: