Owen Schmitt

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rampage;1953478 said:
you know it's the offseason when their's 500+ responses to a thread about a freaking fullback:lmao:
Actually your post is #600 and I hate you for stealing it from me.

:D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1953480 said:

Any idea what the non-game thread record is?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Rampage;1953478 said:
you know it's the offseason when their's 500+ responses to a thread about a freaking fullback:lmao:

Hostile;1953480 said:

This is Hos Heaven.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;1953472 said:
You have no idea where Wright gets his numbers. It's hilarious that you'd base your opinion on these pre-combine numbers anyway. You have no credibility. You base your opinion on numbers that are completely made up.

and you refuse to take a stand on anything and waffle from one thing from another. first its nfldarftscout, then its national, then its blesto, now its nothing. you just go from one thing to another over and over again. what exactly do you get your ideas from theo? youve refused to take a stand on anything anything then babble we should draft him in the third and hell run a 4.6.

wheres your credible source? im going to guess its typical theo fashion that you just pulled out of your backside. as ive stated before your arrogance is truly astounding. draft guru you are not.

i actually think wright probably makes his best educated guess as to what it is and i dont see it as anything other than that. when i see other locations say the same thing it adds credence to it. when i ask hitterman point blank what blesto sends him and he finally reveals it and some of the figure coincide with that then that is more credence.

Do i sit there adn say that its a sure fire thing? No, of course i dont but if looking at as many sources as i can find and looking for trends and whatnot makes me not credible then so be it.

You running around making crap up and the repeating it over and over again ad nauseum got boring a long time ago. i dont know if youre drinking again or what but if youre going to use the same stupid line for a 4th post in a row im not going to bother to respond.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1953489 said:
and you refuse to take a stand on anything and waffle from one thing from another. first its nfldarftscout, then its national, then its blesto, now its nothing. you just go from one thing to another over and over again. what exactly do you get your ideas from theo? youve refused to take a stand on anything anything then babble we should draft him in the third and hell run a 4.6.

wheres your credible source? im going to guess its typical theo fashion that you just pulled out of your backside. as ive stated before your arrogance is truly astounding. draft guru you are not.

i actually think wright probably makes his best educated guess as to what it is and i dont see it as anything other than that. when i see other locations say the same thing it adds credence to it. when i ask hitterman point blank what blesto sends him and he finally reveals it and some of the figure coincide with that then that is more credence.

Do i sit there adn say that its a sure fire thing? No, of course i dont but if looking at as many sources as i can find and looking for trends and whatnot makes me not credible then so be it.

You running around making crap up and the repeating it over and over again ad nauseum got boring a long time ago. i dont know if youre drinking again or what but if youre going to use the same stupid line for a 4th post in a row im not going to bother to respond.
Yeah, I'm not reading this.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1953480 said:

sweet!:tongue: just give fuzzy and theoght another hour or 2 and you can have #700:laugh1:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rampage;1953494 said:
sweet!:tongue: just give fuzzy and theoght another hour or 2 and you can have #700:laugh1:

well my WR thread about this time last year wsa locked after 641 so we got some work to do.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1953477 said:
And if you think a rookie FB is going to take carries away from Marion Barber or a first day tailback selection then i think youre smoking crack. Hes not even the concensus top FB in this draft.

I dont hate Hoyte i think hes a fine player but Im not eating the cheese and think hes going to come in and dominate the NFL from day 1 while curing cancer. That IS pimping him.

I mean now youre trying to say that Jones failing were Hoytes fault for pete's sake.

Phillips did not praise Ayodele, Burnett, and several other players and its one thing for Phillips to say something when asked but when Anderson got hurt he made a point to comment on how he had been coming along. There is a difference.

I still thinkits funny that you people say that the guy who is the lead man in the wedge for KO returns cannot block. I saw him lift LBers off their feet once he stopped thinking of who to block and just did it.

As for Fasano etc. Freddie kitchens couldnt coach. Garrett comes in and all of a sudden Fasano and Wittem are clokcing lights out. Garret went predominantly to the two TE set especially when Anderson went down and with Hoyte dinged up.

But thats the whole point. Fasano came in with the reputation as an excellent blocker as well. He struggled. now you think a lesser prospect will do better. Youre entire argument is based on the fact that he has to perform to the max of his potential to justify picking him high. youre just soooooo sure hes a cant miss prospect.

thats folly on so many levels. feces happens and Schmitt like everyother mid round pick is far froma sure thing.

When did I ever say he was going to take away snaps from Barber? It seems many of you think Barber is going to get every carry for the the cowboys next season, and it just isnt' so. With Schmitt, however, the carries delegated to the FB may be more productive.

I'm not blaming Hoyte for JJ's failure either, I'm simply pointing out that his lead blocking wasn't all world...it can be improved upon.

Phillips praised an injured player. That's pretty par for the course if you ask me. I didn't notice, but I don't recall Ayodele or Burnett having the benefit of an injury to provoke Phillips' sympathy.

I exaggerated Anderson's inability to block, much like you've exaggerated his ability to play. He's not a bad player, he's just not that good either.

I disagree about Fasano. Anyone that's watched the Irish play in the last four years would know that blocking isn't taught as a football fundamental. His strength was receiving. He was a terrific receiver at ND, and an OK blocker, IMO. He has improved quite a bit though.

It may be folly, and I may be wrong, but you're right...I haven't thought a non first round player was this much of a sure thing in a while. Sue me. ;)

I see it this way...if any QB, WR, RB, CB, OT, or LB is as dominant at his position in college as Schmitt is, they'd be a top 10-15 pick. His position will dictate that he won't be picked that high, but it doesn't mean he's a bigger gamble than those picked before him.

Meh, we probably wont' get him anyway.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
tomson75;1953499 said:
When did I ever say he was going to take away snaps from Barber? It seems many of you think Barber is going to get every carry for the the cowboys next season, and it just isnt' so. With Schmitt, however, the carries delegated to the FB may be more productive.

I'm not blaming Hoyte for JJ's failure either, I'm simply pointing out that his lead blocking wasn't all world...it can be improved upon.

Phillips praised an injured player. That's pretty par for the course if you ask me. I didn't notice, but I don't recall Ayodele or Burnett having the benefit of an injury to provoke Phillips' sympathy.

I exaggerated Anderson's inability to block, much like you've exaggerated his ability to play. He's not a bad player, he's just not that good either.

I disagree about Fasano. Anyone that's watched the Irish play in the last four years would know that blocking isn't taught as a football fundamental. His strength was receiving. He was a terrific receiver at ND, and an OK blocker, IMO. He has improved quite a bit though.

It may be folly, and I may be wrong, but you're right...I haven't thought a non first round player was this much of a sure thing in a while. Sue me. ;)

I see it this way...if any QB, WR, RB, CB, OT, or LB is as dominant at his position in college as Schmitt is, they'd be a top 10-15 pick. His position will dictate that he won't be picked that high, but it doesn't mean he's a bigger gamble than those picked before him.

Meh, we probably wont' get him anyway.

If its any consolation i like the mock in your sig up until the third round. :D

thats fair brah you like the guy and from what ive seen so do i . i just wont go gaga over him as I see the hype machine in full swing.

hendog

Reaction score
I personally don't think that Schmitt would necessarily be all that much of an upgrade from a physical stand point it's his mentality that this team lacks and we need more players with his intensity.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1953511 said:
what thread was it. thats impressive.
It was simply called "Midswat's Thread" and it was his ramblings and thoughts, and others chimed in.

The second biggest is the Member pics thread in the Members Zone I believe. Almost 100 pages smaller.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1953358 said:
Yeah, my point that sparked all this was simply that National and BLESTO are the best sources for these pre-Combine numbers. Obviously the Combine or pro day #s are better sources, but they're at least better than some random guy in his basement who runs a draft site. They're a professional organization with professional scouts that get paid lots of money. And as far as I know, NFLDS is the only site that actually gets their #s from National and/or BLESTO.

I don't really see the difference between the 2, both post times that are subject to change once the Combine rolls around

this is by far one of the stupidest arguments I've ever witnessed

now I could see if you 2 were arguing about who can evaluate prospects better, BLESTO, or some random guy on a computer, then yeah