Parcells: The Grinch Who Stole Sparano

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2518841 said:
I think it was time for him and Jerry to part ways so I consider that a good choice by both men. However, the extrication of Sparano might haunt us for many years to come. The guy has a great mix of military grunt in him and a side that just makes players want to go out and lay it on the line for him. He is an offensive mastermind that was blossoming in our system and the Tuna plucked him from us. :(

The guys just flat out gets it done. He hasn't even been in Miami for a full season and has taken them from a 1-15 laugher to a 10-5 powerhouse with the possibility of winning their division just one year later. That's CRAZY....

Meanwhile, wer'e stuck with Red who appears to be regressing from his shades of improvement shown last season. He has got to get more creative and move his WRs around to put them in better positions to make plays. This vanilla style of offense isn't going to get us very far...

It would be nice to see a balanced attack between the run and pass. Keep defenses honest and mix some creativity into the pass plays... & feed feed feed Tashard Choice please! :bang2:

hindsight is 20-20.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So Jerry is in full control, but there are mutliple voices? I don't get that. Either he is or he isn't.

how can you not get that? HIs being the voice means the coaches lose power and credibility with players. Why do you think the players grumble about accountability?

It leads to and has lead to a situation where the coaches say and talk to whoever they want, and the players say and do what they want because there are no repercussions.

If you think that is good, fine. If and when it wins I will happily tell you your right and the former way is wrong.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2519035 said:
Like I said, time will tell.

The cowboys record in 94, 95 and 96 was pretty good too. But in the long run the philosophy and who was running showed up when the previous guys players got old and got going.

if we win the superbowl I will be right here telling you how happy i am to be wrong and how you can shuffle coaches and bring in problematic players who undermine the structure and power of the coaches and it doesnt matter.

But to me today, I firmly believe in doing things the other way because it is the track record that works. This is a team sport where everyone has to be together from the top to the bottom.

It is not horse racing where the rich guy can buy the most expensive horse and trainer and then have him win because as an individual that horse is more talented.

Jerry's way has never worked. Former players are luke warm about the guy and most coaches worth there salt dislike his ways. So until I see it win I wont believe it.

and the sad part is if we lose sunday the beat will just go on. Jerry has no one to lean on when times get rough again, so it will be needles in a haystack again type decision making.
Is there anything in particular you'd actually like to complain about or are you just *****ing in general? Cause you're not actually saying anything.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2519040 said:
It's great what the folks in Miami are doing, good for them. I hate that Sparano is gone, but I'm not yearning for his return either...

IMO, when it's all said and done, Parcells left and then decided to take over Miami's football operations. He then decided he wanted to hire Ireland. Ireland, of course, takes the promotion. They both then decide to hire Sparano as HC. Of course he takes his promotion. The defensive staff that left all had contracts on the table and chose to go to Miami with only Pasqualoni getting a promotion. These guys all left for what they think are better opportunities.

So, while Miami or Dallas Southeast has succeeded with what they've done, I honestly don't care what they have going on down there.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2518841 said:
I think it was time for him and Jerry to part ways so I consider that a good choice by both men. However, the extrication of Sparano might haunt us for many years to come. The guy has a great mix of military grunt in him and a side that just makes players want to go out and lay it on the line for him. He is an offensive mastermind that was blossoming in our system and the Tuna plucked him from us. :(

The guys just flat out gets it done. He hasn't even been in Miami for a full season and has taken them from a 1-15 laugher to a 10-5 powerhouse with the possibility of winning their division just one year later. That's CRAZY....

Meanwhile, wer'e stuck with Red who appears to be regressing from his shades of improvement shown last season. He has got to get more creative and move his WRs around to put them in better positions to make plays. This vanilla style of offense isn't going to get us very far...

It would be nice to see a balanced attack between the run and pass. Keep defenses honest and mix some creativity into the pass plays... & feed feed feed Tashard Choice please! :bang2:

Hasnt even completed one season...had a pretty damn easy schedule

wait and see what he does in future years...plenty of oen yr wonders out there

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2519044 said:
how can you not get that? HIs being the voice means the coaches lose power and credibility with players. Why do you think the players grumble about accountability?

It leads to and has lead to a situation where the coaches say and talk to whoever they want, and the players say and do what they want because there are no repercussions.

If you think that is good, fine. If and when it wins I will happily tell you your right and the former way is wrong.
Like I said, your problem isn't that there's is or isn't a "singular voice" as you suggested. Your problem is that the voice is Jerry Jones.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theogt;2519027 said:
So you know that (1) players do not go over Sparano's head, and (2) player do go over Wade's head?

I would believe it if I had some proof of some sort of difference between the two organizations. But there is no proof. It's only your opinion, and that's it.

My opinion is good enough for me.

And trust me, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. We're from two different planets on subjects like this.

You keep believing that all is well at Valley Ranch.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2519051 said:
Like I said, your problem isn't that there's is or isn't a "singular voice" as you suggested. Your problem is that the voice is Jerry Jones.

My problem is Jerry JOnes doesnt have the NFL credibility to be that voice. He never has and he never will. So when he cottles players and then undermines his coaching staff, empowering the players we get nonsense like this season.

Jerry needs someone to save him from himself. He had that in jimmy and parcells and the results are there.

Now we are just on the jerry jones train ride with no plan and no structure again. WHere it is headed I have no idea. Nor does anyone else. but I know our best players are in their prime and I will be sick if jerry makes more bad coaching hires and chases rainbows coveting names.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theebs;2519035 said:
Jerry's way has never worked. Former players are luke warm about the guy and most coaches worth there salt dislike his ways. So until I see it win I wont believe it.

ok, but didnt Jones hire Parcells? He had 4yrs and never won a playoff game. He was the decision maker. he got everything he wanted here.

I think he realized what he was doing wasnt workign and did something about, he hired Parcells and gave him total control. The roster improved as did the product on the field. We've now had two drafts since Parcells left and both look pretty damn good. While I ultimately was unimpressed with Parcells' coaching of our team, he did change the culture and did help improve the scouting dept.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2519050 said:
Hasnt even completed one season...had a pretty damn easy schedule

wait and see what he does in future years...plenty of oen yr wonders out there

In the last seven games, Dolphins opponents have a combined record of 35-70 for a winning percentage of .333.

If you take out the ONE winning team they've played in the last seven games -- New England -- Fins opponents are an incredible 25-65 for a winning percentage of .278.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chief;2519055 said:
You keep believing that all is well at Valley Ranch.
Sure, as long as we keep bringing in talent like we have the past 2 years and don't panic and fire our coaches, I'll keep on believing.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2519119 said:
In the last seven games, Dolphins opponents have a combined record of 35-70 for a winning percentage of 33%.

If you take out the ONE winning team they've played in the last seven games -- New England -- Fins opponents are an incredible 25-65 for a winning percentage of 25%.

Which I mentioned several weeks ago when someone else brought up this ignorance. This looks alot like what Parcells did here in 2003, except for the fact that Pennington is a real QB and QC wasnt.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2519064 said:
My problem is Jerry JOnes doesnt have the NFL credibility to be that voice. He never has and he never will. So when he cottles players and then undermines his coaching staff, empowering the players we get nonsense like this season.
Such as? I have no idea what you're referring to.

Jerry needs someone to save him from himself. He had that in jimmy and parcells and the results are there.

Now we are just on the jerry jones train ride with no plan and no structure again. WHere it is headed I have no idea. Nor does anyone else. but I know our best players are in their prime and I will be sick if jerry makes more bad coaching hires and chases rainbows coveting names.
Like I said, I'll take the past 2 years of talent over 10 more years of Ireland/Bill.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theogt;2519121 said:
Sure, as long as we keep bringing in talent like we have the past 2 years and don't panic and fire our coaches, I'll keep on believing.

So, if Wade gets fired, you'll stop believing?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
In the last seven games, Dolphins opponents have a combined record of 35-70 for a winning percentage of 33%.

If you take out the ONE winning team they've played in the last seven games -- New England -- Fins opponents are an incredible 25-65 for a winning percentage of 28%.

The fins have been bad for years, spin it any way you like, they have a shot at doing some thing we can't after being 13-3. Winning their division.
As we back into the WC spot. Why not just give credit where it's do?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score

If you take out the ONE winning team they've played in the last seven games -- New England -- Fins opponents are an incredible 25-65 for a winning percentage of 28%.

and of course the media was talking about how great the Fish defense was because of Parcells and Pasqualoni, and then yesterday they gave up almost 500 yds and 31 pts to Tyler Thigpen and the Chiefs

and the media has been spewing about Pasqualoni being a great HC candidate...YEAH RIGHT

color me unimpressed

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chief;2519128 said:
So, if Wade gets fired, you'll stop believing?
If Wade is fired and Garrett is promoted to HC, yeah, I'll be right there with you, thinking Jerry's an idiot and is ruining the team.

But as long as we're winning, have competent coaches, constantly adding more talent, and are in the playoffs, I can't say that I can complain.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
theogt;2519127 said:
Such as? I have no idea what you're referring to.

Like I said, I'll take the past 2 years of talent over 10 more years of Ireland/Bill.

well if you cant see where jerry caters to the players I cant have an argument with you. That is what jerry does and always has.

if you dont think so, fine. End of discussion.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2519133 said:
The fins have been bad for years, spin it any way you like, they have a shot at doing some thing we can't after being 13-3. Winning their division.
As we back into the WC spot. Why not just give credit where it's do?

everyone has, but they also are calling it like it is, they've had a painfully easy schedule...they arnt going very far once they do get in the playoffs (if they get in)

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
What's looking so good about 2007 draft? Spencer has 4.5 sacks in 2 years (we were calling Spears a bust already with similar produciton and at least he could play two gaps against the run). Marten was out of the organization faster than Jacob Rogers. Free looked horrible in preseason games and looks to be nipping at Marten's heals. Isiah Stanback has made no impact and I would be surprised if he's even on the team next year. We got a mediocre, dime a dozen full back .. which you can typically find on the undrafted free agent list ... and a better than average place kicker (who is also well below average on kickoffs).