News: PFT: Dez Bryant gets five years, $70 million from Cowboys

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where does this classification come from. No one in baseball says anything about a cap...because there isnt one. The nfl has a hard cap, the nba has a soft cap and luxury tax, the mlb has only a luxury tax.

You are correct, technically there isn't a cap at all because teams can pay players whatever they want......they just pay a luxury tax on certain contracts.

A soft cap represents an amount which may be exceeded in limited circumstances, but otherwise exceeding the cap will trigger a penalty which is known in advance. Typically these penalties are financial in nature; fines or a luxury tax are common penalties used by leagues

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
It's funny. I remember when everyone was like Dez should just be happy with 13 and that he was stupid and that he had no leverage.

There are a lot of eggs on a lot of faces.

Many should be embarrassed.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
thanks man. says CJ got 43.8m guarenteed though?...

CKAjuJvUwAAiBb6.jpg

do you believe CJ is crippling his team with that contract?

He has cap hits of 20m, 24m and 21m over the next 3 years. Those are QB numbers and they already have a high priced QB. They lost Suh, but really had no chance to keep all 3.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's funny. I remember when everyone was like Dez should just be happy with 13 and that he was stupid and that he had no leverage.

The embarrassment should come from those fans who got all bent out of shape and emotional after every tweet, report or rumor from "sources" concerning the NEGOTIATIONS.To fault or criticize either side for attempting to use and even create any type of leverage imaginable is silly IMO. As fans you just have to accept the nature of the business and just wait it out. There was no real urgency for either side to budge until faced with a deadline.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
my last thought on this is Dez and condon won the contract standoff.
I was thinking jones boys would not cave, but they did.
As soon as they flew to condon in NY, that said we are willing to give in on many issues.
Jones is thinking this is potential SB year and that helped dez alot.
Overall not a bad deal considering what others are getting, market value and all that.

They could have avoided a lot of problems by signing both dez and murray before the 2014 season started.
Had they offered good deals to both , and dez no xtra supervision clauses, they could have got them both for less than what
they got this year.
The jones were way too cheap in the initial offers , and wanted the supervision clauses, for dez, which was part of the reason dez did not
sign initial offer.
They wound up having to let all that go lol and pay more money! and they lost murray,
Which could be the only thing that might derail things this season.

but it is what it is , I have to accept it all and move forward.
Kudos to dez for holding firm for the no xtra supervision clauses, and 45 G.

I do however expect more out of him now, in regular season, and more in any future playoff games.

CashMan

Reaction score
my last thought on this is Dez and condon won the contract standoff.
I was thinking jones boys would not cave, but they did.
As soon as they flew to condon in NY, that said we are willing to give in on many issues.
Jones is thinking this is potential SB year and that helped dez alot.
Overall not a bad deal considering what others are getting, market value and all that.

They could have avoided a lot of problems by signing both dez and murray before the 2014 season started.
Had they offered good deals to both , and dez no xtra supervision clauses, they could have got them both for less than what
they got this year.
The jones were way too cheap in the initial offers , and wanted the supervision clauses, for dez, which was part of the reason dez did not
sign initial offer.
They wound up having to let all that go lol and pay more money! and they lost murray,
Which could be the only thing that might derail things this season.

but it is what it is , I have to accept it all and move forward.
Kudos to dez for holding firm for the no xtra supervision clauses, and 45 G.

I do however expect more out of him now, in regular season, and more in any future playoff games.

You know, a lot of times, when people get money, they have less or no motivation. Murray was playing for a contract, if he was signed before last season, you really think, he would of done what he did? Albert Haynesworthless, said he lost motivation, once he got paid.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Dez and Thomas getting the same deal is a big sign there was no caving from the Cowboys side, it's nearly like they played it for dramatic effect.

dogberry

Reaction score
A majority of the players should vote in the next CBA negotiations to move to an average salary as opposed to a top loaded system.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The embarrassment should come from those fans who got all bent out of shape and emotional after every tweet, report or rumor from "sources" concerning the NEGOTIATIONS.To fault or criticize either side for attempting to use and even create any type of leverage imaginable is silly IMO. As fans you just have to accept the nature of the business and just wait it out. There was no real urgency for either side to budge until faced with a deadline.

YupYu

It's almost as if this was everyone's first rodeo.

It was embarrassing in here for a while.

Frozen700

Reaction score

We rarely ever agree.....But I agree with you here my brother

npRNHVH.png

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Most people were referring to the scenario of no long term deal getting done and him not playing this upcoming season. Most here were looking for and hoping for a long term deal but if pushed came to shove and no deal was done then yes several felt he would be foolish to sit out as opposed to taking the 12.8 mill on a franchise tag. Most prediction I saw around here on a long term deal ranged from 13 to 14 mill a year

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Most people were referring to the scenario of no long term deal getting done and him not playing this upcoming season. Most here were looking for and hoping for a long term deal but if pushed came to shove and no deal was done then yes several felt he would be foolish to sit out as opposed to taking the 12.8 mill on a franchise tag. Most prediction I saw around here on a long term deal ranged from 13 to 14 mill a year

How about we let the deadline play out before we start calling Dez an idiot and villifying those in his camp.

It was also a real riot those who claimed Dez was getting bad advice by not signing his tender. LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
How about we let the deadline play out before we start calling Dez an idiot and villifying those in his camp.

It was also a real riot those who claimed Dez was getting bad advice by not signing his tender. LOL

Again you twist what many have said. It had to do with him not signing the tag after the deadline past and missing the season.

And bad advice was people telling him to miss the season. Him missing would not have done anything to help himself now or in the future.

Most of us wanted to see a long term deal get done and estimated that the price range would be around 13 to 14 mill still less than what CJ was getting in Det

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Again you twist what many have said. It had to do with him not signing the tag after the deadline past and missing the season.

And bad advice was people telling him to miss the season. Him missing would not have done anything to help himself now or in the future.

Most of us wanted to see a long term deal get done and estimated that the price range would be around 13 to 14 mill still less than what CJ was getting in Det

Nope. Many said not signing the tag didn't create leverage and that players were at risk of having that money rescinded.

Essentially saying Tom Condon didn't know what he was doing.