Quarterback Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Its not a question of if, but when Carter is replaced...The sooner the better for us Cowboy fans as he can't hit wide open receivers with any consistancy...

BHendri5

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
No I'm saying 11 out of the last 12 were won by accurate QBs. Going back to the first Super Bowl would just further disprove your ridiculous argument.

Pulled a Ben Stiller on FAVRE, there. :D

FYI, Favre's comp % DROPPED to 59.9% the year GB won the Super Bowl. He was ALWAYS accurate, his problem early was trying to show how accurate and strong his arm was and that led to INTs.

The reason you didn't, because no one kept any stats or records back then talking about accuracy. NO, you listed 7 QBs. The question was how many QUARTERBACKS, not how many times they won the SBs.

You made yourself look ridiculous, no stupid. and iuf you were to try and go back and start at the begining, you would be worse than JIm Carey in his Dumb and Dumber movie.

QBs, before the 90s began played ball they won and they lead, some could not even make on an accuracy chart, but they won.

Give it up. NO I'm done with you on this subject, find another one. If you can

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
CowboyInIraq, im interested to know how you see things ending up this year?

Your thoughts on the Offensive Line and the Defensive Line.

Also, how do you see Pete Hunter turning out?

- Mike G.

blindzebra

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
The reason you didn't, because no one kept any stats or records back then talking about accuracy. NO, you listed 7 QBs. The question was how many QUARTERBACKS, not how many times they won the SBs.

You made yourself look ridiculous, no stupid. and iuf you were to try and go back and start at the begining, you would be worse than JIm Carey in his Dumb and Dumber movie.

QBs, before the 90s began played ball they won and they lead, some could not even make on an accuracy chart, but they won.

Give it up. NO I'm done with you on this subject, find another one. If you can

They most certainly did keep stats, it's called completion percentage. Your complete lack of knowledge is only matched by your over-developed arrogance.

I guess Montana was not accurate? I guess when Simms completed 90% in that Super Bowl he was not accurate?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
They most certainly did keep stats, it's called completion percentage. Your complete lack of knowledge is only matched by your over-developed arrogance.

I guess Montana was not accurate? I guess when Simms completed 90% in that Super Bowl he was not accurate?

Blind-- I applaud your efforts to have a conversation based on logic. But I think in the end your attempt will be thwarted.

BHendri5

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
CowboyInIraq, im interested to know how you see things ending up this year?

Your thoughts on the Offensive Line and the Defensive Line.

Also, how do you see Pete Hunter turning out?

- Mike G.

I have them finishing up regular season nothing less than an 11-5 record, 12-4 is what I originally picked for them.

They have a year under their belt in the new offense, they far exceeded what the so called experts predicted, and myself as well (I had them picked to go 8-8, last season). Of course I had them going 8-8 in 2002, until Jones let colset sabotage the season, for chutch.

The OL, they now know what to expect from Parcells and he knows now what each guy can and cannot do, he will demand more from them this season, as he did not expect to go 10-6 last season either, as we all know.

The team has confidence and they will want to build on what they started last season, you have Vets on the team that will, also drive, push and demand nothing less than 10-6, Heck they will nto settle for a repeat of that record. If by chance they do go 10-6 again, the team will be stronger than that record. If the Defense repeats as the number one defense again, this season it will be a legit ranking, not just by stats(as stats do not tell the whole story, contrary to what some in here believe).

The OL will be legit, this season and I have a feeling we will see that right off the bat.

Hunter, I cannot call it right now, I have to see him. Being that I am in IRAQ now, and will miss all the TC highlights and preseason games, I will have to take the word of you Ladytuna, and some others.

But for the last 2 seasons, Hunter moves and plays like a Safety, some guys cannot make that mental switch when they are young, Safety to CB, it's a mental thing. But going vice versa is not that hard.
Woodson made the switch from LB to SS which is not that hard because the SS is big in run support so he is still close to the LOS. Roy gets caught up sometime and forgets that he is the FS and not the SS.
Hunter has all the physical ability, it is the mental part that he has had to master.

How do you think they will do?

BHendri5

Reaction score
blindzebra said:

Well, Hell, find me the other Accurate QBs that won the SBs, MR Astronaut. LOL

You are by your account the football encyclopedia. Montana? Dawg, come on, you twist more than a tornado, you and your fellow atronaut comrades LOL.

Montana, You can be accurate in the WCO, this conversation was talked about not too long ago wasn't it.

Get your head up out of your U know what.

BHendri5

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Blind-- I applaud your efforts to have a conversation based on logic. But I think in the end your attempt will be thwarted.

Mike, if you call his efforts logic, then you are up there on Jupiter with him.
That cat is, man all he is is a pop top from a sixpack. He needs to find the can that his top belongs to and the other 5 beers.

blindzebra

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
Well, Hell, find me the other Accurate QBs that won the SBs, MR Astronaut. LOL

You are by your account the football encyclopedia. Montana? Dawg, come on, you twist more than a tornado, you and you fella atronaut comrades LOL.

Montana, You can be accurate in the WCO, this conversation was talked about not too long ago wasn't it.

Get your head up out of your U know what.

Well since you know so much, which INACCURATE QBs won Super Bowls?

You love making these claims, but you NEVER back them up with ANYTHING but your own opinion. So it's put up or shut up time.

blindzebra

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
Mike, if you call his efforts logic, then you are up there on Jupiter with him.
That cat is, man all he is is a pop top from a sixpack. He needs to find the can that his top belongs to and the other 5 beers.

Funny how he runs for putdowns when you blow up his lame argument. :rolleyes:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
Well since you know so much, which INACCURATE QBs won Super Bowls?

You love making these claims, but you NEVER back them up with ANYTHING but your own opinion. So it's put up or shut up time.

Blind, this is going to end up like the "Newman" argument. CNI will make a claim without having the slightest shred of evidence to back it up.

blindzebra

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Blind, this is going to end up like the "Newman" argument. CNI will make a claim without having the slightest shred of evidence to back it up.

I know, I just can't help myself. I have to refute nonsense when I see it. :D

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
Does that mean Quincy this year becomes a ... "Super Rookie"!

Only if he gets every single rep in camp...and I mean not even 1 for Vinny and Drew

Then he has to get every rep in the regular season so his Fanatics can give him full credit for the season.

The loopholes and excuses QC and his fanbase have is unparalleled

BHendri5

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

I do not need any any evidence, Dawg. I'm not caught up into stats like you and the some others. I do not need stats to justify my arguments, I look at the play on the field. You either win or you lose, by the play on the field. Have you ever noticed how a QB can have excellent game stats and they got blown out, or horrible stats and they blow a team out?

You guys, have no arguments, that is why you run and pull stats like they are some kind of shield.

blindzebra

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:
I do not need any any evidence, Dawg. I'm not caught up into stats like you and the some others. I do not need stats to justify my arguments, I look at the play on the field. You either win or you lose, by the play on the field. Have you ever noticed how a QB can have excellent game stats and they got blown out, or horrible stats and they blow a team out?

You guys, have no arguments, that is why you run and pull stats like they are some kind of shield.

Nonsense.

Show us a game where a QB threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs and got blown out.

Show us a game where a QB had 50 yards and 4 INTs and his team blew out the other team.

Stats don't tell the whole story, but it is no coincidence that someone that makes ridiculous comments would go to any extreme to down play stats.

Why? Because stats blow up every one of your arguments.

Reaction score
CowboynIRAQ said:

Michael Winicki, just give it up man..its a team game

We all know QC, Mario Edwards, Hambrick, and Ekuban had just as much to do with our 10-6 record as Glover, Roy, Dat Nguyen, Newman, Flozell Adams and Richie Anderson....

All players, to paraphrase CowboyIraq on QC can aspire to great heights with hard work and dedication..

God Given ability is just way overated

So if Randal Williams works hard enough, he will become the next Jerry Rice with Randy Moss speed

Torrin Tucker will become the next Erik Williams.

so forth and so on

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboynIRAQ said:

CNI, Its stats that are used as the measuring stick for everything from your class rank to accuracy out on the shooting range. Without stats you are left with people's opinions. And if you were to ask me what's more valid, I would have to go with "stats" almost every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.