News: Report: Tony Romo met with CBS bosses amid broadcasting criticism

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I won't pretend that I listen to every Romo broadcast, but from what I have heard, he doesn't seem much different to me. Interesting article nonetheless.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I still enjoy Romo in the booth. He does say some crazy things that seem off…like the Bengals being a team that’s getting there compared to the Bills despite being in SB year before. But a lot of his imperfections seems to be from excitement and just getting caught up in the game. I do think he was able to call plays early on because offenses and Ds were closer to what he was used to. I think he needs to bone up on current advances! But I think people are just dogpiling. I enjoy his excitement

MS17

Reaction score
I like Tony in the booth, but he was peak weirdo this season.

I couldn't stand the nicknames he was tossing out, and you had to mute him if he was calling a game that Josh Allen was playing in.
Yes. Wait til next season when he calls T.Y. Hilton "T.Y. Hyatt".

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Again, people hate Olsen because he's singing us praises
Isn't that's he's pretty wooden, lacks vocal charisma and I sight....not saying you need a QB to have a strategic appreciation of the game, but it helps.
What Romo does well is that's able to read the player and articulate it in an instant.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Isn't that's he's pretty wooden, lacks vocal charisma and I sight....not saying you need a QB to have a strategic appreciation of the game, but it helps.
What Romo does well is that's able to read the player and articulate it in an instant.
Romo lacks vocal charisma, I prefer Olsen

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure what all the fuss is about. The few games I heard Romo call he sounded like a giddy school boy!! I was like, "gee, is Romo excited or what". LOL It just seems to me he was enjoying the game. I don't have 1 problem with Romo's broadcasts. However, on occasion, he does seem hard to understand i.e. - he mumbles. But, other than that, I think he's just fine.

khiladi

Reaction score
Comparing him to HIMSELF when he first started, he sounds like he doesn’t care enough anymore and probably bored. He’s always been competitive at sports, whether football, basketball or golf.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he's slipped. I think he's always sucked. He just impressed the simpletons by being able to predict a few plays.

Underrated QB, overrated analyst.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Are you dating Joe Buck?
I'll let Joe answer this for us.....

That's the trolling I was talking about. Fans are so mad that they'll continue to watch and talk about him. The best part is the fans don't even know they're playing into it due to their own lack of control. Speaking of which ..... Lol.