RoMac and Leary are at mini camp

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Where's the outrage? The hand-wringing? The wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It's a smart thing to do, but the Packers are a smart organization. They have also led the league for some time in handing out workout bonuses to their players, telling their employees that they value their personal time. No whining, lazy crybaby fans who wouldn't work one second beyond 5 PM fretting over what players do on their own time. No owners and coaches having to whine through the media in coded language about players not attending. Everyone's happy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p.../plenty-of-packers-have-incentive-to-work-out

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/20065/packers-players-have-incentive-to-work-out

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...s-offer-plenty-offseason-incentives/82787166/

The players who are giving time off is for a specific reason and they are guys who show up on a regular basis. McClain never shows he always has an excuse no matter what team he is playing on. Those players are not coming off a suspension McClain is they we have to wait additional time because after coming back he is not in playing condition. This is not a guy who has shown himself to be dependable and you want to compare him to guys like Rodgers

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But the real stupidity lies in the people that dont get it.

It is 100% a question made for dummies. The sad part is that some people havent been able to answer it yet.

I knew you couldn't let this go. LOL

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No, I'm talking to you. How dare I, right? I didn't say you are knocking his "on-field performance". I'm reminding you of it. It's the bit of the equation you don't seem to understand. Without that, you have a point. With it, you don't. A guy that performs better than most on the field is allowed leeway when he is off the field. It's the reason Michael Irvin was protected when he stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors. Ro is being given a pass by his employer. I don't know why you are making this such a big deal. Why can't you understand? He is the exception, not the rule. You seem to be so caught up with everyone doing what is expected of them and not understanding that some folks get special treatment once they've earned it in accordance with their employer. You don't have to like it, but that is the way of the world, CowboyRoy. The ones that perform get "slack" as Jerry put it.

Because this is a 4-12 team and right now many of us are wanting to see players out there serious about this upcoming season. If McClain history was not as it is maybe this would be less of an issue but if there is one player who does not deserve slack it is McClain. Amazing a guy like McFadden come despite the fact he has a broken bone in his elbow yet he managed to get to the OTA but not McClain and it has been at every stop he has played for. This is not some 1 time instance it is continual that is what makes this different it is not some 1 time thing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, I'm talking to you. How dare I, right? I didn't say you are knocking his "on-field performance". I'm reminding you of it. It's the bit of the equation you don't seem to understand. Without that, you have a point. With it, you don't. A guy that performs better than most on the field is allowed leeway when he is off the field. It's the reason Michael Irvin was protected when he stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors. Ro is being given a pass by his employer. I don't know why you are making this such a big deal. Why can't you understand? He is the exception, not the rule. You seem to be so caught up with everyone doing what is expected of them and not understanding that some folks get special treatment once they've earned it in accordance with their employer. You don't have to like it, but that is the way of the world, CowboyRoy. The ones that perform get "slack" as Jerry put it.

His on field performance has nothing to do with showing up. And I never said I have you like it. LOL

You give big contracts to the ones that perform and show up. You give middling contracts to the ones dont show up and cant be counted on. RO gets middling one year contracts while guy like Sean Lee gets 5 and 7 year big contracts.

Giving slack to ANYONE like that is a slap in the face to the other players. Maybe you just dont understand that concepts. Its concepts like these that undermine the head coach and keep the Cowboys at 500.

And I am not making a big deal out of anything. Im simply answering the posts of those posters, like you that cant understand team, leadership, and dedication type concepts. Maybe you have lower standards. I dont know. Maybe you just dont care.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I've never liked McClain, and I especially don't like him getting suspended or showing up fat. But if a condition of his employment was that he'd only spend mandatory time with the team and the organization agreed to that, then you can't fault the player for it. This is a guy who's walked away from the game once already. He's very probably just doing what he agreed to when he came to Dallas.

"Hey Randy Have you seen my helmet?", says RMC.
Gregory, "Yeah its right next to the bong"
fat-albert225.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because this is a 4-12 team and right now many of us are wanting to see players out there serious about this upcoming season. If McClain history was not as it is maybe this would be less of an issue but if there is one player who does not deserve slack it is McClain. Amazing a guy like McFadden come despite the fact he has a broken bone in his elbow yet he managed to get to the OTA but not McClain and it has been at every stop he has played for. This is not some 1 time instance it is continual that is what makes this different it is not some 1 time thing

DUGHGHGHGHG!!!!! What do voluntary mean!!!!!! :lmao2::laugh::lmao:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Wrong... this is a 0-0 team. Seasons end my friend but for some reason you are stuck in the past. It doesn't matter what any of us fans want to see right now. It's not about us. Be disappointed not all the players are jumping through hoops like you think they should... doesn't change anything because what you want doesn't have the importance to the operation of this team that you have assigned to it. "Slack" being give is the business of the employer, not you. You are one of those fans that just haven't figured out how little your opinion matters to the FO. Jerry decided he could give one of his employees some "slack" without consulting you... how dare he! Cry about.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DUGHGHGHGHG!!!!! What do voluntary mean!!!!!! :lmao2::laugh::lmao:

It means guys who are serous and dedicated will be there because they know it means something, those who only show when they have to are guys who are skating by, winning and losing means little as long as they get their paycheck.

I always thought there was 2 things in this world you could count on Death and Taxes but there seems to be a 3rd one and that is McClain is not going to show up for workouts. lol

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The players who are giving time off is for a specific reason and they are guys who show up on a regular basis. McClain never shows he always has an excuse no matter what team he is playing on. Those players are not coming off a suspension McClain is they we have to wait additional time because after coming back he is not in playing condition. This is not a guy who has shown himself to be dependable and you want to compare him to guys like Rodgers

Did you even read what you quoted? I think you responded to the wrong post.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
His on field performance has nothing to do with showing up. And I never said I have you like it. LOL

You give big contracts to the ones that perform and show up. You give middling contracts to the ones dont show up and cant be counted on. RO gets middling one year contracts while guy like Sean Lee gets 5 and 7 year big contracts.

Giving slack to ANYONE like that is a slap in the face to the other players. Maybe you just dont understand that concepts. Its concepts like these that undermine the head coach and keep the Cowboys at 500.

And I am not making a big deal out of anything. Im simply answering the posts of those posters, like you that cant understand team, leadership, and dedication type concepts. Maybe you have lower standards. I dont know. Maybe you just dont care.

His on-field performance has everything to do with his continued relationship with this team. You don't get that so you get your panties in a wad as you are doing right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wrong... this is a 0-0 team. Seasons end my friend but for some reason you are stuck in the past. It doesn't matter what any of us fans want to see right now. It's not about us. Be disappointed not all the players are jumping through hoops like you think they should... doesn't change anything because what you want doesn't have the importance to the operation of this team that you have assigned to it. "Slack" being give is the business of the employer, not you. You are one of those fans that just haven't figured out how little your opinion matters to the FO. Jerry decided he could give one of his employees some "slack" without consulting you... how dare he! Cry about.

Wrong this team has won nothing in years. We have gone from an elite team to a copy of the Cleveland Browns. Your right it does not matter, McClain should be able to come and go as he wants, no need to work out and get in shape after all it is just a game no big deal.

Cutting slack to a guy who is coming off suspension who continue to miss all off season workouts and OTA yeah that is not real smart. The guys deserves no slack but then again this is not about winning football right

Doomsday101

Reaction score
His on-field performance has everything to do with his continued relationship with this team. You don't get that so you get your panties in a wad as you are doing right now.

His 1 year contract has everything to do with the Cowboys not trusting him. if they did and felt his play was that great he would have been locked up to a longterm deal like any other star player.
While Jerry comment about excusing him is not something I agree with Jerry action of not signing him to a large contract on a long term basis was smart.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where's the outrage? The hand-wringing? The wailing and gnashing of teeth?

Well, you know how it goes.
It's ok and smart for other teams...but not here, where everything is taken from some fans as disgusting and stupid.
If it's true Dallas is the most loved as well as the most hated team. a lot of that hate comes from it's own fans.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
His 1 year contract has everything to do with the Cowboys not trusting him. if they did and felt his play was that great he would have been locked up to a longterm deal like any other star player.
While Jerry comment about excusing him is not something I agree with Jerry action of not signing him to a large contract on a long term basis was smart.

I disagree. Every player is treated different.