Twitter: Ron Leary wants to return

Reaction score
Today's Ron Leary is not better than Joe Looney, at least not healthwise and also due to age. Plus, Looney can play both Guard and Center very well. That puts Looney above Leary.

Then we've got the two young stud Guards in Connor Williams and Connor McGovern. Plus, add in veteran Xavier Su'a-Filo. Then add in their backups in Cody Wichmann and Adam Redmond. All of them are young and definitely much younger and healthier than Ron Leary.

I don't see how Coach McCarthy would want to bring back an old, over the hill, constant knee injured Guard back to the Cowboys over any of the much younger and healthier Guards we currently have?
I agree with most of this.

But calling Williams and McGovern studs is a major stretch.

kskboys

Reaction score
Agreed. It's like too many fans are overly concerned with contracts. I wouldn't be terribly upset if professional sports leagues quit providing contract data to the public and kept it all internal.
I used to not give two crapps about contracts until Jerry derailed us several times w/ stupid ones.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I used to not give two crapps about contracts until Jerry derailed us several times w/ stupid ones.
Same here. I was big into the cap from about 2012-2017 but it's exhausting talking about any player anymore because they aren't wanted unless it is on a rookie deal, an incentive deal, team friendly deal, or vet minimum contract. It's like the number one concern people have right now is the salary cap number and the talent on the field be damned.

kskboys

Reaction score
Same here. I was big into the cap from about 2012-2017 but it's exhausting talking about any player anymore because they aren't wanted unless it is on a rookie deal, an incentive deal, team friendly deal, or vet minimum contract. It's like the number one concern people have right now is the salary cap number and the talent on the field be damned.
I've gotten to the point where I pay little attention to most posters. It's like my mind picks out the ones who just spew rhetoric, and I barely, if at all, even read their posts.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I would resign Leary to compete to become the starter. Release Fleming, use Connor as the swing Tackle, McGovern as the swing interior lineman.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would resign Leary to compete to become the starter. Release Fleming, use Connor as the swing Tackle, McGovern as the swing interior lineman.
I don’t think he will last a whole season. But rotate him in. If the money is for a rotational player.

kskboys

Reaction score
Why? He has been completely unable to stay healthy and in all likelihood isn't close to what he was. There's a good chance that Flemming is better than him at this point.

quickccc

Reaction score
Forgetting 2013 and 2014 much?

that's still a JAG to JAG story. Again what did Leary do in Denver after departing here for that big contract ?
he ended up being a lesser guy in Denver than what he was in Dallas. .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
How much is Joe Looney.. That’s what I want to know.
All anyone has to do is check out Denvers less then stellar OL situation and the reason is clear.
Leary had degenerating knees when Dallas cut him, a tad early IMHO, but Leary has had knee issues the entire time that he has been with the Broncos.
Im with you on Looney.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I've gotten to the point where I pay little attention to most posters. It's like my mind picks out the ones who just spew rhetoric, and I barely, if at all, even read their posts.

That explains a lot.

quickccc

Reaction score
Agreed, BH, but Dez is actually looking pretty good, in much better shape and fully healed from his torn achilles.

in shorts vs air ?.. of course he's gonna looking to fair better .... where's the press CB at the line to disrupt and show prove that Dez still has limited separation ?
Let Pat Mahome lobby for him to sign in KC. An elite QB that can somehow make Dez better than what he is ..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
in shorts vs air ?.. of course he's gonna looking to fair better .... where's the press CB at the line to disrupt and show prove that Dez still has limited separation ?
Let Pat Mahome lobby for him to sign in KC. An elite QB that can somehow make Dez better than what he is ..
If Patrick Mahomes is willing to vouch for Dez, why shouldn't we? Or do you simply prefer less talent on this team? Our current WRs didnt do so hot this past season. Do you prefer that, or would you be willing to bring in Dez and at least see what he can still do in training camp and preseason? It won't kill anybody to bring him in on the 90 man roster and see what he can do or not.