Roy Williams Bash Thread *Merged*

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2277405 said:
Dude...

That was totally uncalled for. :D

let's kill him

no, no, we hang him, shoot him, and then we kill him!

this is how you threaten, people!

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
tomson75;2277405 said:
Dude...

That was totally uncalled for. :D

Plus, we have a ton of Nancies on the board tonight. You're going to get them all teary-eyed.

Tell me about it. Our Cowboys are having a solid outting so far this year. Ill take our W's all day.

Im sure GB wishes they won.

Dallas fans are just spoiled and don't realize how special this team really is.

Its always been the case even back in the Troy/Irvin/Smith days, it was like this. The boys could win but there were a ton of "yeah butt-heads" to follow those wins, as is the case w/ our current Cowboys.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;2277434 said:
Tell me about it. Our Cowboys are having a solid outting so far this year. Ill take our W's all day.

Its always been the case even back in the Troy/Irvin/Smith days, it was like this. The boys could win but there were a ton of "yeah butt-heads" to follow those wins, as is the case w/ our current Cowboys.

logic will not save you this time

you're dead, DEAD

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Dallas;2277434 said:

Man, I'm not sure I could've handled this sort of thing back in the 90's. I was isolated enough in the DC area that I could just sit back and laugh at the skins....at least the first half of the 90's. This internets thing is ruining that.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
tomson75;2277447 said:
Man, I'm not sure I could've handled this sort of thing back in the 90's. I was isolated enough in the DC area that I could just sit back and laugh at the skins....at least the first half of the 90's. This internets thing is ruing that.

You can always tell how special the Dallas Cowboys are by the increased media scrutiny and hate slung our way.

Im w/ Hostile on this. Embrace it. It is going to be a fun ride.

BTW: I agree the internet does kinda stink w/ regard to every nancy having instant access to this place right after a game.

Bring it.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
You do know we won tonight, I wasn't even looking for Roy, but I bet the outcome would have been the same tonight with or with out him. Did you know JJ ran for 140 yards today, can't you find something to say about that? Lets stir, maybe if JJ had 20 -25 carries a game when he was with us he would have gotten 100+++ weekly. Dude leave Roy alone enjoy the win.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
It's unfair and unnecessary to say the defense played well because Roy wasn't out there. But I did find myself noticing as many good plays from Roy tonight as I had in the first two games (if you get what I'm saying). All safeties give up plays. My problem with him remains that he's no longer the playmaker he was. You see him try to light up guys these days (and this happened against Philly) and he just bounces off. The receiving end of his hits used to need crutches to get back to the sideline.

Hopefully, one of these days, the old Roy will return. Boy, we'd be so much better off if it could happen. Maybe a pipe dream, but who knows.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
panchucko;2277531 said:
You do know we won tonight, I wasn't even looking for Roy, but I bet the outcome would have been the same tonight with or with out him. Did you know JJ ran for 140 yards today, can't you find something to say about that? Lets stir, maybe if JJ had 20 -25 carries a game when he was with us he would have gotten 100+++ weekly. Dude leave Roy alone enjoy the win.

Btw ... great family photo. Are you all really able to enjoy Cowboys games together or was that more just for the picture? That must be a blast if the whole family is a fan of the team!

khiladi

Reaction score
juckie;2277889 said:
hmmmmm.mighty funny.Could it be?Yes it could.

Actually, our secondary has been our strong point this whole year, even with Roy Williams in. The defensive performance had nothing to do with Roy Williams being out.

Our defense will become top-notch when pressur gets better up-front. Right now, a lot of pressure is dictated by our coverage. They are covering the receivers, giving the QB no options.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Please..just stop it!

Some folks need to go take a look at how the Packers run their offense. They are not a vertical passing team.

If anything, we probably could have used Roy Williams because the Packers love to run slants across the middle of the field.

festus

It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun
Reaction score
It's only the third game of the season, could it be that the defense is improving as a whole unit week by week?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2277894 said:
Please..just stop it!

Some folks need to go take a look at how the Packers run their offense. They are not a vertical passing team.

If anything, we probably could have used Roy Williams because the Packers love to run slants across the middle of the field.
You can't explain football to an agenda.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2277976 said:
I knew during the game....this thread was going to come up.
It has come up 3 times. There is never a singular idea. Not even a bad one.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2277999 said:
I just don't understand the RW hate.

He made his own bed, now he has to sleep. It's not Roy's fault, Darren Woodson was the best and worst thing that ever happened to his career. Hid his warts, let him fly around making plays. After Woody hung em up, Roy got lazy, stopped working hard, and got exposed for not being that intelligent of a football player.

Overpaid, overweight, overhyped, and overdiscussed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
dwight;2276662 said:
Did anybody notice that Dallas defense played well without Roy Williams. I don't see Dallas keeping him next year.

I noticed our ST didn't play as well without him.