Roy Williams Bash Thread *Merged*

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
RainMan;2277577 said:
Btw ... great family photo. Are you all really able to enjoy Cowboys games together or was that more just for the picture? That must be a blast if the whole family is a fan of the team!

Thanks for the compliment, there is usually 7 or 8 of us watching the game, mostly family.
I will have to try and get a picture of us during the Skins game next week.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Wow!!!..can we just enjoy being 3-0, after beating a good team on the road?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2278020 said:
He made his own bed, now he has to sleep. It's not Roy's fault, Darren Woodson was the best and worst thing that ever happened to his career. Hid his warts, let him fly around making plays. After Woody hung em up, Roy got lazy, stopped working hard, and got exposed for not being that intelligent of a football player.

Overpaid, overweight, overhyped, and overdiscussed.

If you say so. However his coverage skills where never his strong point yet he was asked on numerous occasion to guard some of the best TE's in the NFL on 1 on 1 coverage. The production is there and I'm pretty sure he is was all the things you are naming of him he wouldn't be with this team.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
djtavo;2277124 said:
He Played in the First Week = W

He Played in the Second Week = W

We won today . . . Whats your theory ?

And we gave up 10 to Cleveland in Week 1. 16 last night. Probably our best defensive effort so far was when Roy was in there.

Still through the first 3 games we have given up what 2 passing TDs? I guess should be three if Desean Jackson hadn't dropped the ball before crossing the line. But still, only two teams in the league can say they've given up less than two TDs through the air through 3 games.... Indy and Tennessee.

juck

Reaction score
RW is a 4-3 safety.period.He blows in our scheme.Teams literally look for him to pass at.Some are blind on here.He sucks at covering and he is a safety.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dwight;2276691 said:
I am just stating my feelings about the defense. Is that a problem?

Well, yes and no...

No, it's not a problem because you're certainly allowed to express your opinion...

And yes, it is a problem, because the opinion you express, we've heard about bajillion times already... guess you felt you had some new perspective to bring to the bash Roy fest...

You were wrong, it was just the same tired hating...

silverbear

Reaction score
dwight;2276723 said:
I asked you first. You answer my question. Then I will answer yours. Is that a problem?

That's right, bait one of the admins... :D

silverbear

Reaction score
dwight;2276766 said:
And I told you and other fans that I feel as if he hurting our defense. And thats it.

And of course, you're the first one to EVER express that opinion...

We haven't had eleventy million threads saying the exact... same... thing...

As others have noted, the Boys are playing really well, they've beaten two of the five best teams in the NFC in their first three games, and ALL you can think to comment on is Roy??!?

Man, that's just SAD... you're obsessed...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
juckie;2278112 said:
RW is a 4-3 safety.period.He blows in our scheme.Teams literally look for him to pass at.Some are blind on here.He sucks at covering and he is a safety.

I'm curious...could you please explain the differences between a 4-3 strong safety and a 3-4 strong safety? Just so we all can understand what you're talking about...

silverbear

Reaction score
Silverstar;2276775 said:
I noticed that nobody got beat deep for a TD in this game.

Guess Donald Driver beating the defense deep for a 50 yarder doesn't count, since the Boys managed to stop him short of the end zone, ehh??

And guess what, Roy wasn't to blame... nope, once again, it appears that it was Pac-Man who was the goat...

Strange how I don't see any threads pointing out how often he's been beaten thus far this season...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
tomson75;2278141 said:
I'm curious...could you please explain the differences between a 4-3 strong safety and a 3-4 strong safety? Just so we all can understand what you're talking about...

:muttley:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2278147 said:
Guess Donald Driver beating the defense deep for a 50 yarder doesn't count, since the Boys managed to stop him short of the end zone, ehh??

And guess what, Roy wasn't to blame... nope, once again, it appears that it was Pac-Man who was the goat...

Strange how I don't see any threads pointing out how often he's been beaten thus far this season...

Yea or any of the other safeties..... just bash RW

silverbear

Reaction score
dwight;2276780 said:
Thank you.

Once again, you demonstrate your abject cluelessness... or were you taking a bathroom break when Driver caught that 50 yard bomb that ALMOST scored??

You hate Roy so much, so irrationally, that you tell yourself that all is well, now that he's broken his arm... and you ignore that the Boys STILL demonstrated a vulnerability to the deep ball, even without him...

How completely pathetic... and now, you "thank" somebody for taking your side, even when that poster was WRONG...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;2278141 said:

IDK think he knows what he is talking about

silverbear

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2276798 said:
Guys seriously.. the OP makes a valid point and we can't just brush this under the rug. Is it just mere coincidence that we've played extremely well without RW?

Uhhh, don't look now, but Rodgers passed for 290 yards...

I don't call that playing "extremely well"...

I mean, McNabb passed for 281 against the Boys, and Anderson passed for for 114... IOW, yesterday was the WORST game the Boys have had, pass defense-wise...

So where exactly is this "valid point", the OP is making?? Roy's out, and the Boys give up their highest passing yardage this season... and you guys come in here congratulating the team on playing better without Roy??

Nope, I surely don't get it...

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
dwight;2276691 said:
I am just stating my feelings about the defense. Is that a problem?

I thought the same thing. I couldn't help but notice that we did not give up any big plays the whole time. I was thinking the same exact thing in the 4th quarter. I said I can't believe we have not given up any bombs. I don't know if that was because of the packers playcalling or because we had everyone covered. I think your observation is spot on.

silverbear

Reaction score
dwight;2276807 said:
It will never suck for my agenda. I stated an opinion that you disagree with.

An opinion that isn't supported by FACT... that's why Hos disagrees with you, and I do too...

Yup, when you express and opinion that isn't supported by FACT, then you're pursuing your own agenda...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Thanos68;2278175 said:
I thought the same thing. I couldn't help but notice that we did not give up any big plays the whole time. I was thinking the same exact thing in the 4th quarter. I said I can't believe we have not given up any bombs. I don't know if that was because of the packers playcalling or because we had everyone covered. I think your observation is spot on.

Donald Driver 50 yard reception did you watch the game or just the 4th quarter???? Greg Jennings 8 catches 115 yards.....

silverbear

Reaction score
dwight;2276834 said:
I agree with you Neosapien.

The clueless, leading the clueless...

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king"... :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverbear;2278172 said:
Uhhh, don't look now, but Rodgers passed for 290 yards...

I don't call that playing "extremely well"...

I mean, McNabb passed for 281 against the Boys, and Anderson passed for for 114... IOW, yesterday was the WORST game the Boys have had, pass defense-wise...

So where exactly is this "valid point", the OP is making?? Roy's out, and the Boys give up their highest passing yardage this season... and you guys come in here congratulating the team on playing better without Roy??

Nope, I surely don't get it...

Ouch ..... that left a mark.