Sharp: Top-10 total cash paid last 3 years

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why do you guys always attribute back-to-back 12-win seasons when Dak missed 5 of those games (Rush was 5-1 during that span while Dak was 19-9 during that span)? Talk about dispelling a myth.
You misunderstood the point. The point isn’t to “prop up” Dak. The myth is teams suck because they spent too much on quarterback. You can’t build because you don’t have the money to build. Cap boy Stephen told y’all about this whole “pie” and it was a myth.

Just because Dak got hurt doesn’t mean his salary didn’t count against the books. Common damn sense.

And since when is 19-9 a bad record lol?if you win 68% of your games you’re a playoff team. :facepalm:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Funny seeing how the Eagles went to the Super Bowl 3 times since the last time Dallas went to the Super Bowl, including making the Super Bowl twice in the last 6 seasons.
I’m not discussing Eagles with someone who claims to be a Cowboy fan. If you want to claim to be an Eagles fan we can do that then. I’m not discussing a franchise who has one SB in 60 years and have been to 4 and won 1. I just can’t….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you gloat about Dak beating the Eagles during the regular season when the Eagles were without Hurts, yet Dak choked in the playoffs and cost Dallas a trip to the NFCCG whereas the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl.

Hey, you enjoy those inconsequential victories.
Meddling in Eagles business again….

I’m not gloating about Dak I’m talking sports with an Eagles fan. You know we talk trash to each other? I don’t tear down the Cowboys and prop up a rival. We built different. Wayyyyyyy different. Y’all getting soft with old age….

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You misunderstood the point. The point isn’t to “prop up” Dak. The myth is teams suck because they spent too much on quarterback. You can’t build because you don’t have the money to build. Cap boy Stephen told y’all about this whole “pie” and it was a myth.

Just because Dak got hurt doesn’t mean his salary didn’t count against the books. Common damn sense.

And since when is 19-9 a bad record lol?if you win 68% of your games you’re a playoff team. :facepalm:
I could care less if Dak went 28-0 during that time.....he went 1-2 in the playoffs and that is the record that truly matters.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I’m not discussing Eagles with someone who claims to be a Cowboy fan. If you want to claim to be an Eagles fan we can do that then. I’m not discussing a franchise who has one SB in 60 years and have been to 4 and won 1. I just can’t….
Oh so because I make a counter point I MUST be an Eagles fan. The weak points you guys try to make is funny.....next you will be taking your ball and going home.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak beat your defense and exposed them and spotted them a pick 6……let’s call it what it is lol. Eagles fans are funny. You’d think they be more humble towards a guy who’s 8-3 against them lol. And the same will continue next season.
Eagles rarely even play their starters vs us.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I could care less if Dak went 28-0 during that time.....he went 1-2 in the playoffs and that is the record that truly matters.
You could care less if he went undefeated…ok whatever. At the end of the day the objective is not win a SB and you can’t win a SB if you can’t make the playoffs. His contract hasn’t stopped us from making the playoffs is the point. Now his play against the 49ers these past two years has but it was his play not his salary.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I was gonna say who the hell is lol? Only teams following that model are the bad teams and it’s not working lol.
To be fair i see AC's point, no KC is not going to activley look for a QB anytime soon, But many of the top teams have drafted a QB recently (like the last 5 years...IF you take TB12 out of the convo teams do draft QB's in 4 to 5 year windows with some success. I'm not saying go all in for the 1st pick and wreck you future on a Gamble but lets be honest other than Prescott we generally have UDFA's (basically) in camp besides QB1..hell the last QB1 was the lotto of all lotto's to be honest.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be fair i see AC's point, no KC is not going to activley look for a QB anytime soon, But many of the top teams have drafted a QB recently (like the last 5 years...IF you take TB12 out of the convo teams do draft QB's in 4 to 5 year windows with some success. I'm not saying go all in for the 1st pick and wreck you future on a Gamble but lets be honest other than Prescott we generally have UDFA's (basically) in camp besides QB1..hell the last QB1 was the lotto of all lotto's to be honest.
Im
Not denying they do it I’m just saying it hasn’t worked. Packers drafting Jordan Love did nothing but piss off Aaron lol. They had Mike White who sucked but did give Jets some false hope lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im
Not denying they do it I’m just saying it hasn’t worked. Packers drafting Jordan Love did nothing but piss of Aaron lol.
For sure but it wasnt that they drafted him its the way they did it, Drafting Love wouldn't have been as dumb if they were ready to make the move and used it to turn A-Rod into a large haul of picks..the way they did it was dumb for sure..pissed of QB1 and wasted the pick.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You could care less if he went undefeated…ok whatever. At the end of the day the objective is not win a SB and you can’t win a SB if you can’t make the playoffs. His contract hasn’t stopped us from making the playoffs is the point. Now his play against the 49ers these past two years has but it was his play not his salary.
So the objective isn't to win a Super Bowl? Wow, that sounds like Dak talking.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Where did I say you were a Eagle fan genius?
"I’m not discussing Eagles with someone who claims to be a Cowboy fan. If you want to claim to be an Eagles fan we can do that then."

So that isn't inferring I'm not a Dallas fan and rather an Eagles fan? Okay genius.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I see the point that was advocated. I just don't see many teams doing it or doing it successfully. I'd count drafting Dak Prescott in the 4th round of 2016 and Mike White in the 5th round of 2018 as kind of following that model. Perhaps Ben Denucci in the 7th round of 2020 is too late in the draft to consider, but still they did draft him. I'm anticipating they will draft a QB this year in the mid-rounds.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"I’m not discussing Eagles with someone who claims to be a Cowboy fan. If you want to claim to be an Eagles fan we can do that then."

So that isn't inferring I'm not a Dallas fan and rather an Eagles fan? Okay genius.
You claim to be a Cowboy fan. I verbatim said I’m not talking Eagles with someone who claims to be a Cowboy fan. If I thought you were a Eagle fan I’d be talking Eagles with you like I do Aero and Moutaineer now wouldn’t I? But you seem awfully guilty here…..