Skip Bayless comment regarding Jason Garrett

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't always agree with Skip but when he is right you have to. Also, to the ones saying the 8-8 seasons would have been worse without Romo, while you are 100% right, don't forget that Garrett cost us at least two games a season with beyond idiotic game / clock management. We were 8-8 with Romo winning a few we should have lost but would have been at least 10-6 if we had a real coach.

So we should have been 14-2 last year?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't always agree with Skip but when he is right you have to. Also, to the ones saying the 8-8 seasons would have been worse without Romo, while you are 100% right, don't forget that Garrett cost us at least two games a season with beyond idiotic game / clock management. We were 8-8 with Romo winning a few we should have lost but would have been at least 10-6 if we had a real coach.

In before someone drops a "what about 12-4 last year" comment.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was talking about the 8 - 8 seasons. Last year was the outlier to what has been a very mediocre at best to downright terrible at worst coaching history of Jason Garrett.

Just curious. At what point do you stop blaming an endless revolving door of coaches and start blaming the one constant over these last two decades of losing?

Would 30 years be enough? 40?

cml750

Reaction score
Just curious. At what point do you stop blaming an endless revolving door of coaches and start blaming the one constant over these last two decades of losing?

Yes the guy hiring pitiful coaches is a problem but news flash, he isn't going anywhere. The best we can hope for is for him to stumble onto a good coach who does not make him feel "uncomfortable". Garrett is not that coach.

cml750

Reaction score
I mean, we're 20 years into this and you guys are still pitchforking our coaching staff and campaigning for more cornerbacks.

I feel like my time here has been all for naught.

Well, you out to be in hog heaven, We have finally improved the trenches like you have preached for years. It is all for nothing though if the coach doesn't know what he is doing.

Craig

Reaction score
I cant pick and choose when to point out that bayless and that hes an idiot based on what he says so...Bayless is an idiot.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I'd conclude from this that Skip Bayless is still irrelevant, and still pandering for some attention.

skipeyeroll2.gif

Vanilla2

Reaction score
There seems to be a trend with JG led teams. They start out games strong, then other teams make adjustments and start to take over games late.

I have never seen a team give up so many leads in my life.

You don't watch very much football then?

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score

you're right Jerry and his micromanaging ways is the ultimate issue. Like the poster who you replied to said the best we can hope for his him stumbling into a coach who can get into his face or him acknowledging that his team needs a coach like that. Jason Carrot is a symptom of a larger illness. Agreed. But we can hope that Jerry can fall into the idea that a broken clock can show the correct time twice a day. He has done it once with Jimmy. Lets hope he can do it again. May be futile but its all we have left I guess.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Cannot watch or listen to Skip or SAS; they are mind polluters, just serving their own egos.

Good post.

I would not believe if some had told me that there are people like these who seem to have set oneself such low standards.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I will say that
more people should call out Jason Carrot.

how he gets a pass is beyond me. He isn't a new coach. Newer coaches have more success than him.[/quo
I'd conclude from this that Skip Bayless is still irrelevant, and still pandering for some attention.
The stick bw him and Stephen A Smith reminds me of the old Howard Cosel and Don Meredith stuff on Monday Night Football.

One was always needling the other and it made for good entertainment.

I'll never forget one night ABC was intown to cover the game against The St. Louis Cardinals.

It was unbelievably foggy that night to where you really couldn't see the game.

We got beat like 38-0 and Craig Morton was the QB after Dandy Don had retired.

He had just played horrible and with about 5 minutes in the game..the crowd started chanting " Meredith, Meredith, Meredith.." and Meredith stood up waved at the fans from the broadcast booth and Cosell told Meredith he should maybe reconsider retiring and that was the first time I heard Dandy Don break into his now famous "turn off the lights..the party is over".

It was all about entertainment..still is.

Too many of us take all of this way too seriously.

Its TV..its not real life guys.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
I will say that

The stick bw him and Stephen A Smith reminds me of the old Howard Cosel and Don Meredith stuff on Monday Night Football.

One was always needling the other and it made for good entertainment.

I'll never forget one night ABC was intown to cover the game against The St. Louis Cardinals.

It was unbelievably foggy that night to where you really couldn't see the game.

We got beat like 38-0 and Craig Morton was the QB after Dandy Don had retired.

He had just played horrible and with about 5 minutes in the game..the crowd started chanting " Meredith, Meredith, Meredith.." and Meredith stood up waved at the fans from the broadcast booth and Cosell told Meredith he should maybe reconsider retiring and that was the first time I heard Dandy Don break into his now famous "turn off the lights..the party is over".

It was all about entertainment..still is.

Too many of us take all of this way too seriously.

Its TV..its not real life guys.

yeh they operate on sensationalism and entertainment for profit. understood. however more people should be calling out Jason Carrot. its not sensationalist to expect better job performance out of a coach. How many more losses is it going to take? If a player doesn't perform well he is demoted. Is coaching just about great speeches?