Speculation: FSU and Clemson to big 12?

rkell87

Reaction score
speculation out now about Ga. Tech contacting the big 12 about a move.

getting into the Georgia and Florida pipelines would be great for the big 12

MC KAos

Reaction score

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4573360 said:
translation: if we get a good enough offer, we are GONE baby!

The problem is that any offer from the Big XII while Clemson is still a member of the ACC can be legally addressed on the grounds of interference, meaning the ACC could sue the Big XII to either block the move or force huge financial penalties. It's why the SEC waited for A&M to seperate from the Big XII before officially offering them a position.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4573371 said:
The problem is that any offer from the Big XII while Clemson is still a member of the ACC can be legally addressed on the grounds of interference, meaning the ACC could sue the Big XII to either block the move or force huge financial penalties. It's why the SEC waited for A&M to seperate from the Big XII before officially offering them a position.

smarter people than me will take care of all the legal stuff, im sure they will do everything in their power to make sure they dont get in legal trouble with the ACC

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4573379 said:
smarter people than me will take care of all the legal stuff, im sure they will do everything in their power to make sure they dont get in legal trouble with the ACC

What would happen is Clemson would get a gurantee from the Big XII, leave the conference and then accept an offer. The ACC could still attempt to sue like Baylor did to A&M though.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Clemson will get an offer from the Big 12. They may but the comments Clemson President made recently don't help the matter.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again there was a reason a good deal of this stuff leaked from a WVU source, and not just recently but it actually trickled out a few MONTHS ago but I did not really believe it at the time.

Think of this.

WVU does not officially become a Big 12 member until some time in June.

Although the agreement is in place, the paperwork has been signed all everything, they do not officially join the league until this June.

So...Any talk between Clemson, FSU or other ACC teams with the Big 12 could be done through people who are not really members of the Big 12 (yet). This gives plausible deniability to both parties. Now we all know it is happening. We all know that there are ACC teams reaching out to the Big 12 and in some cases in the other direction...but they can always do it through others. Now that does not mean that WVU brokered all of this action. But I do find it interesting that most of the initial leaks came from a source that mainly deals with WVU ties. And WELLL before others were reporting on it.

I am not saying this is how it all happened...Just something to consider. wink wink

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4573445 said:
Again there was a reason a good deal of this stuff leaked from a WVU source, and not just recently but it actually trickled out a few MONTHS ago but I did not really believe it at the time.

Think of this.

WVU does not officially become a Big 12 member until some time in June.

Although the agreement is in place, the paperwork has been signed all everything, they do not officially join the league until this June.

So...Any talk between Clemson, FSU or other ACC teams with the Big 12 could be done through people who are not really members of the Big 12 (yet). This gives plausible deniability to both parties. Now we all know it is happening. We all know that there are ACC teams reaching out to the Big 12 and in some cases in the other direction...but they can always do it through others. Now that does not mean that WVU brokered all of this action. But I do find it interesting that most of the initial leaks came from a source that mainly deals with WVU ties. And WELLL before others were reporting on it.

I am not saying this is how it all happened...Just something to consider. wink wink

I know you been dying to get that out. I remember you posting that eventually, someone is going to figure out why the leaks were coming from WV. Unfortunately, we are not as smart as you gave us credit for.

:laugh2:

MC KAos

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4573485 said:
I know you been dying to get that out. I remember you posting that eventually, someone is going to figure out why the leaks were coming from WV. Unfortunately, we are not as smart as you gave us credit for.

very true, and it makes 100% sense, BP

rkell87

Reaction score
what they are saying over at inside texas is that notre dame is the key to all of this, the big twelve will not take anybody that could scare off/piss off UND. Big 12 will take one or two that makes the big 12 appealing to UND with the understanding that UND will join asap in at least some capacity and then football in 2015. UND is already on OU and UT schedule in 2015 and beyond. Also it sounds like UT and OU are willing to give up a little power for UND to join, possibly allowing UND to have major input in future takes when it is super conference time.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4573777 said:
If ND joins the Big XII, it would qualify as one of the biggest sports shocks in history IMO.

It would be a juggernaut along with Texas and OU... three EXTREMELY high profile programs...

Times they are a changin'... I would like to go back to the Big 8 and the SWC...

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4573864 said:
It would be a juggernaut along with Texas and OU... three EXTREMELY high profile programs...

Times they are a changin'... I would like to go back to the Big 8 and the SWC...

Notre Dame is powerful in name only these days, but it's a HUGE name. I just can't fathom that, when push comes to shove, they'd pick the Big XII over the Big 10.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4573883 said:
Notre Dame is powerful in name only these days, but it's a HUGE name. I just can't fathom that, when push comes to shove, they'd pick the Big XII over the Big 10.

Never said they were powerful in this day and age... but they certainly are high profile...

It's just a matter of time until they are good again...

I can see them picking Big 12 over Big 10... Texas and Oklahoma are GIANT draws... I realize Big 10 has some great schools as well, but not like UT/OU...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Considering some of the ACC schools leaving...Remember the name Raycom. It might start picking up some steam later.

DFWJC

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4573922 said:
Considering some of the ACC schools leaving...Remember the name Raycom. It might start picking up some steam later.
What ACC school is leaving?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
trickblue;4573912 said:
Never said they were powerful in this day and age... but they certainly are high profile...

It's just a matter of time until they are good again...

I can see them picking Big 12 over Big 10... Texas and Oklahoma are GIANT draws... I realize Big 10 has some great schools as well, but not like UT/OU...

Texas and OU are no bigger than OSU and Michigan. The difference is that the Big 10 also has MSU, Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin along with their stellar academic reputation.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4574085 said:
Texas and OU are no bigger than OSU and Michigan. The difference is that the Big 10 also has MSU, Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska and Wisconsin along with their stellar academic reputation.

All true

Big 10 overall (that is key) is way ahead.
However, I've heard for years now that ND for some reason does not like the Ohio St