Sunday Wildcard Playoff Games

perrykemp

Reaction score
What an unbelievable disappointment Adams has been for the Packers this year.

Eddie

Reaction score
Did you guys see Rodgers play in college? Go back and watch his college days and ignore his NFL career. Rodgers was not even remotely close to the QB he is today coming out of college, he actually had poor mechanics.

At the time, I certainly believe he was a late first to early second value. He changed up his game for the NFL, something many QBs have trouble doing and it's not something you can see coming.

If he was forced to start from day 1 as a rookie, he'd probably be out of the NFL right now. His success is due in large part because of the organization's patience in allowing him to sit and learn.

This is a lesson for us. We need to allow our new rookie QB time to sit and learn as well. Did we really expect Quincy Carter to come in, start day 1, and have success in this league? He was set up to fail.

joseephuss

Reaction score
He was inactive because Dunbar, once Dunbar got injured..a spot opened up for Michael.

McFadden isn't an elite back, neither is Michael...neither is Murray. The running game would've been better as the season progressed with McFadden though. As far as your red zone argument, do you think we would've been a tad more successful running the ball if teams didn't stack the box because they could care less about our passing game?

Your whole argument was that Michael starting for Seattle makes us look stupid, it doesn't because Michael isn't that great nor is he any better than McFadden....I believe most NFL general managers know that since nobody in the league wanted him for weeks after we dumped him.

I hope we replace McFadden as the starter in the backfield but I pray we land a better option than Christine Michael.

Good points. Michael probably won't even be with Seattle next year.

Eddie

Reaction score
There's only one Hall of Fame among that bunch. See if you can stop him. :)

I was actually hoping we'd take Mike Williams. I was in Epcott during the NFL draft. My wife and I were in the American exhibition when my cousin called me to tell me the Cowboys took Ware. I was PO'd that the Lions snagged Williams a pick before us. ha ha

w8lifter

Reaction score
I'd laugh so hard if the Chiefs win the Super Bowl. That'd be such a punch in the crotch to all the eagles fans that ran him out of philly.

Thats who Im rooting for as the AFC team in SB. I can not stomach seeing either the Cheatriots or Squealers get to the big show again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
If he was forced to start from day 1 as a rookie, he'd probably be out of the NFL right now. His success is due in large part because of the organization's patience in allowing him to sit and learn.

This is a lesson for us. We need to allow our new rookie QB time to sit and learn as well. Did we really expect Quincy Carter to come in, start day 1, and have success in this league? He was set up to fail.

First of all, the Cowboys need to waste/get (some posters say it's a waste to get a QB this year) a top round QB this season at the expense of other team needs! The team is not going anywhere soon so at least grab a top round QB and let him learn from Romo.

But, no....! The Cowboys will wait until Romo is injured beyond ever coming back again and then the Cowboys will then try to find a top QB.

Then, 20 years will go by...again.

Eddie

Reaction score

Just going through this list ... with the high level of BUST rate among first rounders, and in a league where QB play is essential ... may as well throw the dice and get that franchice QB. Every team from #1 to #23 wouldn't have gone wrong with taking the QB ... most of these picks were busts. Take the QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I was actually hoping we'd take Mike Williams. I was in Epcott during the NFL draft. My wife and I were in the American exhibition when my cousin called me to tell me the Cowboys took Ware. I was PO'd that the Lions snagged Williams a pick before us. ha ha

I wanted David Pollack or Ronnie Brown. I didn't even know who DeMarcus Ware was.

A lot of guys in this forum wanted Shawn Merriman but I suspected he did steroids.

Eddie

Reaction score
I wanted David Pollack or Ronnie Brown. I didn't even know who DeMarcus Ware was.

A lot of guys in this forum wanted Shawn Merriman but I suspected he did steroids.

I was thinking we'd take Merriman also. All the talk in the Cowboys forums was on Merriman. I think most mock drafts had us taking Merriman.

But then again, it's not like Ware was the difference in getting us to a Super Bowl ... :(

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Did you guys see Rodgers play in college? Go back and watch his college days and ignore his NFL career. Rodgers was not even remotely close to the QB he is today coming out of college, he actually had poor mechanics.

At the time, I certainly believe he was a late first to early second value. He changed up his game for the NFL, something many QBs have trouble doing and it's not something you can see coming.

What??

He an Smith were 1a or 1b

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/2005-04-22-mock-draft-bell_x.htm - 1st
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2005.php -5th
http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2005/2005-Mock.php - 5th
http://blackandgold.com/saints/7872-march-6-2005-mel-kipers-mock-draft.html - 3rd

His main knock was he was coached by Jeff Tedford - who had some previous busts

mattjames2010

Reaction score

There simply isn't enough evidence that doing this leads to QBs being successful in the NFL. It's also tough to do with rookie contracts, letting your first round rookie sit for 2-3 years is just not going to happen often in today's league.

Eddie

Reaction score
First of all, the Cowboys need to waste/get (some posters say it's a waste to get a QB this year) a top round QB this season at the expense of other team needs! The team is not going anywhere soon so at least grab a top round QB and let him learn from Romo.

But, no....! The Cowboys will wait until Romo is injured beyond ever coming back again and then the Cowboys will then try to find a top QB.

Then, 20 years will go by...again.

That's pretty much my thoughts as well. Everyone wants immediate impact in the draft. No one is willing to put the time in to make sure our future is secure.

Without a QB, it doesn't matter how well we do in the draft. We can have Pro Bowlers at every position, and still not make the playoffs without a solid QB.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What??

He an Smith were 1a or 1b

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/2005draft/2005-04-22-mock-draft-bell_x.htm - 1st
http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2005.php -5th
http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2005/2005-Mock.php - 5th

His main knock was he was coached by Jeff Tedford - who had some previous busts

Why are you posting me amateur scouting sites? There is a reason he slipped in the first, this doesn't happen for no reason.

Watch the game film on him in college, again, he wasn't a great college QB.