The Break is back

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not being sarcastic. I want to know. Please tell me the words I typed that attacked her gender.
Maybe you missed it, a few post back I said I may have got you confused with a different poster and I have since found that to be true. I apologize.

Fair enough, perhaps it was someone else that made the misogynistic comment.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Maybe you missed it, a few post back I said I may have got you confused with a different poster and I have since found that to be true. I apologize.
Ok. I thought you were being ingenuine. Sorry.

I assure you if you knew me I'm the last person to judge based on gender, race, or any other in factors that mean nothing.

I think Taylor has turned into an excellent host. Maybe this broad can too. ---That's a joke. :)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Ok. I thought you were being ingenuine. Sorry.

I assure you if you knew me I'm the last person to judge based on gender, race, or any other in factors that mean nothing.

I think Taylor has turned into an excellent host. Maybe this broad can too. ---That's a joke. :)
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:

Too many folks on this board are misogynist... some don't even know it. But I don't include you in that.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
That's not what your words convey. You spoke of castings stones at her because the previous number of females before her were not up to your standards. That's not judging her by her merit. It's been one show, it's not time to judge her. Listening to her introduction, she admitted her upbringing in the Dominican Repupublic, it was baseball not football that was the sport of preference. She didn't get this job for her football acumen and yet that will be what you will condemn her for. She doesn't stand a chance with men of your ilk.

It's a football show discussing a professional football team.

If she didn't get the job for her football acumen, then why the hell is she on there?

If she isn't on there for her football knowledge as you admit, then she is on there for all the reasons that you seemingly are griping about.

BigD16

Reaction score

If she didn't get the job for her football acumen, then why the hell is she on there?

If she isn't on there for her football knowledge as you admit, then she is on there for all the reasons that you seemingly are griping about.
Exactly, it shouldn't matter if you're a woman or a man. They should both be held to the same standard. I liked all the previous women on the show up until Taylor Stern for reasons that I've posted about in another thread months ago.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And it is like saying men are not able to rear children when there are men who are far better at it than their female spouse.

But statistically speaking, the women is going to be better at it than the man. Denying certain facts of nature is not the same as being a misogynist. A lot of women are not remotely interested in covering men's sports so statistically speaking, there is going to be less of a chance that the ones that do are going to be successful at it. One person in this thread is saying it's possible she'll be good at it; the other is saying she probably won't. Statistically, they both are right.

What statistic?

dfense

Reaction score
That is a misogynistic point of view. It doesn't matter how many women they put out there that end up not being your cup of tea. Every person deserves to be judged on their own merit and not pigeon holed as inferior just because you can identify her gender. Way to self identify yourself as one of the misogynist I speak of.
Are you going to use the word misogynist in every post? And though you denied it, you did accuse Carharris of being a ......well you say it best.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Did you watch or listen to the episode? She admitted she's not the most savvy football person, she is however a journalist. I'm not sure what it is you are debating. If it is your point that she is there just as eye candy then say it. In the episodes to come, that will prove to be true or false.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Are you going to use the word misogynist in every post? And though you denied it, you did accuse Carharris of being a ......well you say it best.
I might say misogynist every post. Does it burn when I say that word? Feeling like I'm getting personal?

I've already conversed with @Carharris2 and apologized to him. If you'd read through the thread before you shoot off your mouth you'd know this but like most immature fanboys around here, shooting off prematurely seems to be your thing.

dfense

Reaction score
I might say misogynist every post. Does it burn when I say that word? Feeling like I'm getting personal?

I've already conversed with @Carharris2 and apologized to him. If you'd read through the thread before you shoot off your mouth you'd know this but like most immature fanboys around here, shooting off prematurely seems to be your thing.
You did it again.

dfense

Reaction score
That's an astute observation... I didn't treat a misogynist fairly. I'll take that assessment and still hold my head up high. My adult daughters read these pages from time to time. If they see that I have yet again defended womanhood from a misogynist that judges all woman as inferior until proving themselves otherwise, then I am all the better for it, in their eyes. I will not apologize for doing so. Ambar Garcia's first language is Spanish and she does a great job hosting several Spanish speaking shows on :star:.com. She's been there 3 years and it's about time she got attention from the mainstream English speaking side of cowboyszone. I'm glad to see her addition to the show. :bow:
See, here is where you admit it. But your response to Reality calling you on it is all nice nice. But you give me crap for doing the same thing. What gives?

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Today I learned that if you're critiquing a person, it's all fine and dandy...unless it's a woman.

I don't subscribe to that way of thinking..NO MA'AM!
hqdefault.jpg