The "Dak can't throw the deep pass" myth

foofighters

Reaction score
& Russell Wilson has 7... Try not to read too deeply into it. It is a comparison of quarterbacks "in the past 10 seaoans that have attempted at least 60 long passes"...

You guys & your agendas. . . For once, try to leave the agenda out of the response.
What's my agenda? I sit here right in the middle and I get it from the both the Dak lovers and the Dak haters. I refuse to be either. I call Dak out when he struggles and recognize when he does well. For me it's frustrating to see him throw a beautiful ball on one play and then flat out miss another. I just want more consistency, which I hope he develops with a solid off-season with Gallup, Cooper and whoever our #1 TE is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I was just stating a fact about his spinning away into sacks. It shows his lack of pocket presence. He can't feel the pressure at all. He doesn't see the blitz coming. He can't hit the hot reads. He can't make his regular reads. He's basically become a mobile version of Brandon Weeden.

Ever since the Atlanta game it's been all downhill.

LOL......Atlanta correct. That was the game that the line decided to decay. And hasn't stopped since.

Number1

Reaction score
more experience...but not better. same mistakes. same flawed throwing motion and not setting his foot in year 3. he has not progressed and in the NFL when you don't progress, you will be going backwards, because after his rookie year, DCs watched his film and figured out his weakneeses. he hesitates to make throws when CBs are within 3 yards of the WR. he hesitates to make deeper throws. he hesitates to throw with anticipation. he folds under pressure. he fumbles. he struggles to read defenses. he struggles against zone defenses.

flat not true - you weird

Sydla

Reaction score
flat not true - you weird

About the only thing he said that might not be true would be his statement that Dak folds under pressure - in other words, if he means Dak folds late in games that would seem to be untrue...... but if he means Dak struggles when facing pass rush pressure, that’s not exactly false.

Everything else? Ehhhh, he’s not exactly making that stuff up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dak sees lots of single coverage on the outside with teams stacking the box to stop the run.

The problem with the "Dak throws a good deep ball" narrative is that we see him time and again just miss WRs who are very open.

He can throw it but tends not to put a lot of air under it, they where showing Russell Wilson the other night and how much air he puts under the ball that allows the WR to run under it, Dak has an arm but he puts little air under the ball and will over throw the WR. Frankly I think putting more air under the ball and even under throwing a little allowing the WR to make a play on the ball or drawing an int is better than over throwing the guy

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He can throw it but tends not to put a lot of air under it, they where showing Russell Wilson the other night and how much air he puts under the ball that allows the WR to run under it, Dak has an arm but he puts little air under the ball and will over throw the WR. Frankly I think putting more air under the ball and even under throwing a little allowing the WR to make a play on the ball or drawing an int is better than over throwing the guy

If the WR beats the db deep he's better off with a steep arc for the ball.

And a little underthrow is better than a little overthrow. Gives the WR a chance for a catch or PI. And if the WR is deep, he can slow down and cut off the DB from the ball. If you overthrow, there's just no chance for anything.

But with Dak, he just needs better accuracy. He's just missing often, and badly. The fine tuning will have to wait until he gets the ball in the in the ballpark.

WeaponX

Reaction score
How do your explain this stat?

Seems pretty good to me.

44.... Wince

Where does this data come from and how is it qualified? What’s considered a deep pass? I’m not sure he’s even attempted 60 deep passes in his career (joking...kind of)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Lk
Except it seems that it's the Dak fans who were the ones who are/were anti-Romo.
:lmao:,,,the strangeness of that particular thought, is rather mentally intriguing,,,:lmao:

* yer' probably more than RIGHT, THOUGH:thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak sees lots of single coverage on the outside with teams stacking the box to stop the run.

The problem with the "Dak throws a good deep ball" narrative is that we see him time and again just miss WRs who are very open.
What receivers? I know Gallup...who else since 2016?