The false perception Stephen is running Cowboys Football

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Now your being funny.

I’m still waiting on someone to tell me why all of a sudden after all of these years Stephen has been by his side that Jerry is letting Stephen run Cowboys Football but not giving him public acknowledgement.

This appears to me and why I’m presenting it to be a false narrative and belief by a segment of fans.
You live in your own version of reality which is not shared by most if this is your position. You will continue to be unchallenged if you can just maintain your ability to ignore your challengers. Good job! :rolleyes: Just pretend your position hasn't been brutally butchered by others. Like what sergeant Schultz use to say on Hogan's Heroes… "I see nothing!"

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My opinion is that Jerry has welcomed more voices in the room to get one more ring.
McClay at one point started making an impression on them and I think Stephen has put in some work to be allowed to have a bigger voice over the years.
And with more success and good decisions Jerry is listening even more.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Stephen is in charge? when did he buy the football team. Stephen clearly has major input but he is not the owner of this team his father is.
There are lots of GMs in the NFL that did not buy the team, yet the GM on other teams are in charge. You don't have to be the owner to be in charge.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You live in your own version of reality which is not shared by most if this is your position. You will continue to be unchallenged if you can just maintain your ability to ignore your challengers. Good job! :rolleyes: Just pretend your position hasn't been brutally butchered by others. Like what sergeant Schultz use to say on Hogan's Heroes… "I see nothing!"
It’s only a couple who are challenging if you’ve noticed. More are actually aligned that Jerry is still making the final decisions while listening more to influences around him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My opinion is that Jerry has welcomed more voices in the room to get one more ring.
McClay at one point started making an impression on them and I think Stephen has put in some work to be allowed to have a bigger voice over the years.
I’d agree there appears to be a better collaborative effort surrounding Jerry influencing his instincts and final decisions.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
There are lots of GMs in the NFL that did not buy the team, yet the GM on other teams are in charge. You don't have to be the owner to be in charge.

Yeah that is why they discuss and then convince Jerry? if Stephen was running it they would not have to convince Jerry. I have no doubt Stephen and Will McClay have much input and very influential but I have no doubt at all who the final word comes from. I always find it funny though when a pick is a bust it was all Jerry but when a player pans out Jerry had nothing to with it. However that normally comes from small minded people who would cut their nose off before they would ever credit Jerry for anything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah that is why they discuss and then convince Jerry? if Stephen was running it they would not have to convince Jerry. I have no doubt Stephen and Will McClay have much input and very influential but I have no doubt at all who the final word comes from. I always find it funny though when a pick is a bust it was all Jerry but when a player pans out Jerry had nothing to with it. However that normally comes from small minded people who would cut their nose off before they would ever credit Jerry for anything.
Yea.. not many are bigger critics of Jerry than I but not sure why they’re so intent of cutting Jerry out of the equation?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry is Stephen and Will's rubber stamp and nothing more. What decision this off season of Stephen and Will's did Jerry veto? That's just what he has become no matter how much he was in charge in the past.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yea.. not many are bigger critics of Jerry than I but not sure why they’re so intent of cutting Jerry out of the equation?

Because my cutting him out then in their mind he had nothing to do with some very good picks we have had.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There’s been a few who are claiming Stephen is running Cowboys Football . You’re right it is a small group but I still felt warranted calling it out.
It doesn't matter what you or me or anyone else thinks. There is just what is. Tell me what decision this off season of Stephen and Will's did Jerry veto?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jerry is Stephen and Will's rubber stamp and nothing more. What decision this off season of Stephen and Will's did Jerry veto? That's just what he has become no matter how much he was in charge in the past.

What now you are the fly on the wall and you know this? lol You call others out and now make bogus statement as if you know. So Jerry job is to rubber stamp and then take the heat and BS when things do not pan out, that way you can have your cake and eat it to right.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What now you are the fly on the wall and you know this? lol You call others out and now make bogus statement as if you know. So Jerry job is to rubber stamp and then take the heat and BS when things do not pan out, that way you can have your cake and eat it to right.
You ignore the truth when it's put in your face and bloviate with this nonsense? Answer my question. You can't answer it because the answer would blow your position out of the water. Jerry doesn't veto anything Stephen and Will have decided to do this off season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There’s been a few who are claiming Stephen is running Cowboys Football . You’re right it is a small group but I still felt warranted calling it out.
Who claimed that certainty? Where are their posts?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You ignore the truth when it's put in your face and bloviate with this nonsense? Answer my question. You can't answer it because the answer would blow your position out of the water. Jerry doesn't veto anything Stephen and Will have decided to do this off season.

So Garrett is HC because that is what Stephen wants? Randy Gregory is here because of Stephen. Funny those who cover this team on a daily basis have said Jerry is still the final word but some message board hack says different and we are to buy into your BS? Too funny guy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you or me or anyone else thinks. There is just what is. Tell me what decision this off season of Stephen and Will's did Jerry veto?
It doesn’t matter who’s influencing the final decisions. It’s still Jerry’s call.

That’s the point that’s being missed here. I’m not disputing the influence . I’m disputing who’s ultimately making the final decision and credited with running Cowboys Football.