The huge Conundrum

mkindred

Reaction score
Trust me I thought of that too but the whole point is what is there to gain for the NFL. We know what was to gain with 9/11, bhat is there for Goodell to gain. It won't help ratings. It won't help Goodell keep his job. It's bad for the NFL with 0 gains.

Wow I've never thought about that.. you're exactly right. I can't believe I've been that clueless and deceived for so long.. can we end this conversation now?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wow I've never thought about that.. you're exactly right. I can't believe I've been that clueless and deceived for so long.. can we end this conversation now?
What do they gain? You can't answer that.

mkindred

Reaction score
What do they gain? You can't answer that.

There is plenty. Jerry already has made a fuss about the fact a small select group of owners are the ones who determine Goodell's salary and Jerry wants all owners to decide moving forward. Could reducing the sentence in an appeal be leverage for Goodell to get Jerry to stop pursuing that desire? That is one reason for starters .. being that you clearly get off on conspiracy theories.. or is only theories that support your asinine views?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
There is plenty. Jerry already has made a fuss about the fact a small select group of owners are the ones who determine Goodell's salary and Jerry wants all owners to decide moving forward. Could reducing the sentence in an appeal be leverage for Goodell to get Jerry to stop pursuing that desire? That is one reason for starters .. being that you clearly get off on conspiracy theories.. or is only theories that support your asinine views?

Jerry is part of that small select group. Jerry, Kraft, Rooney, Mara.......and now your going of the cliff with your theory. Also I don't believe in conspiracy theories, only conspiracies.

mkindred

Reaction score
Jerry is part of that small select group. Jerry, Kraft, Rooney, Mara.......and now your going of the cliff with your theory. Also I don't believe in conspiracy theories, only conspiracies.

Wrong, he is not. Do you do that much homework of your own before agreeing with all these crazy conspiracy theories?

And this is when I say "Checkmate."

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wrong, he is not. Do you do that much homework of your own before agreeing with all these crazy conspiracy theories?

And this is when I say "Checkmate."

Wrong he is not checkmate. Nice retort

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Would fake news have been a better ending? Or are you suggesting I should supply a link to prove I'm correct?
You could still supply a link but it doesn't really matter.....What matters is the real reason Zeke got suspended and that is because he got a little hands on with his girlfriend at the time and the NFL can't let that happen after the Ray Rice situation.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
I have no answer because you have NO QUESTION.....what is your question!?!?!?
There was a question and you absolutely dodged it. Get off your moral high horse. I've been around DV situations myself and can objectively question why she needed a witness to lie about what happened. Just because you want to look at both sides does not mean you condone DV.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You could still supply a link but it doesn't really matter.....What matters is the real reason Zeke got suspended and that is because he got a little hands on with his girlfriend at the time and the NFL can't let that happen after the Ray Rice situation.

I prefer to wait and see how this plays out. If Elliott is innocent, then I expect him and his lawyers to fight this as far as they can take it.

I do believe that the NFL is acting as the law in the situation and convicting Elliott for something that actual prosecutors did not believe there was enough evidence to prosecute. If there is actually something there, I believe that Elliott will accept his suspension and move on. If not, then he'll come out fighting. As I said in another thread, I think he has a case for defamation of character if the evidence does not support the NFL's conclusion.

We've already seen one Cowboys, Jourdan Lewis, fight a DV charge to prove his innocence. Elliott needs to stand up to the league if it has done him wrong. He cannot sit back and take it if he's innocent because no matter what, that makes him look guilty.

Solution

Reaction score

You could just as easily say the NFL suspended him to cover their bases, whether "he got hands on" or not doesn't matter. The NFL can't let themselves be seen as weak on DV. Covering their *** is all they care about, which is why most of us don't agree with you that somehow he has to be guilty because they league says so.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Now listen, I am a diehard Cowboys fan. Born in 1980, growing up throughout my teen years and into my early
Blah Blah Blah. This is about Zeke, not you nor us fans. What you fail to understand is, it's NOT the NFL who made the decision, it was Goodell. The same idiot who gave Rice a slap on the wrist when he punched his fiance' in the face. A 2 game suspension. Tell me, how was that decision fair and Zeke's is? The media went nuts when hearing about Goodell's 2 game suspension. That's when he changed his ruling and had Rice dismissed totally from the NFL. Zeke will NOT get a full 6 game suspension. Mark my words. Goodell once again screwed up. Idiot he is and that's putting it mildly.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Sorry for your daughters troubles. Wish her and you the best.

One thing that I can say is that if the NFL suspends you for 6 games there is a reason. People need to understand this. They suspended the NFLs golden boy, there own face of the NFL in Tom Brady for 4 games. That was upheld! Put 2 and 2 together people it isn't that hard.
Doesn't mean the reason is a good one. If they haven't provided any proof then their reason is wrong. Jerry, and Zeke both seemed to think there would be no suspension, so I have to believe that is because they had not seen any evidence to support one.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blah Blah Blah. This is about Zeke, not you nor us fans. What you fail to understand is, it's NOT the NFL who made the decision, it was Goodell. The same idiot who gave Rice a slap on the wrist when he punched his fiance' in the face. A 2 game suspension. Tell me, how was that decision fair and Zeke's is? The media went nuts when hearing about Goodell's 2 game suspension. That's when he changed his ruling and had Rice dismissed totally from the NFL. Zeke will NOT get a full 6 game suspension. Mark my words. Goodell once again screwed up. Idiot he is and that's putting it mildly.
Rice was given the two game suspension prior to the video being made public. Afterwards, the NFL revised its personal conduct policy and instituted the mandated six-game minimum suspension for domestic violence cases.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
There was a question and you absolutely dodged it. Get off your moral high horse. I've been around DV situations myself and can objectively question why she needed a witness to lie about what happened. Just because you want to look at both sides does not mean you condone DV.
Once again what is your question? I know that's a hard question for you to answer since you can't

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
You could just as easily say the NFL suspended him to cover their bases, whether "he got hands on" or not doesn't matter. The NFL can't let themselves be seen as weak on DV. Covering their *** is all they care about, which is why most of us don't agree with you that somehow he has to be guilty because they league says so.
Again 6 games is not like he hit her with a pillow

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

Are you really going to compare the Rice situation to Zekes. It's obvious they botched the rice case and that any and all after that got the hammer. AP got nailed

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Sorry for your daughters troubles. Wish her and you the best.

One thing that I can say is that if the NFL suspends you for 6 games there is a reason. People need to understand this. They suspended the NFLs golden boy, there own face of the NFL in Tom Brady for 4 games. That was upheld! Put 2 and 2 together people it isn't that hard.

There is a reason. That reason is to destroy the Cowboys - America's team and that personal jealously and personal pride gets in the way of rational decisions.. Thats the reason.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
There is a reason. That reason is to destroy the Cowboys - America's team and that personal jealously and personal pride gets in the way of rational decisions.. Thats the reason.[/QUOT

I don't buy it. The NFL thrives when the Cowboys thrive. Maybe we are all lucky the nfl didn't suspend him for the whole season.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again 6 games is not like he hit her with a pillow
A six game suspension is the minimum discipline for domestic violence cases under the NFL Personal Conduct Policy. The policy has so much grey area for infractions that something as seemingly absurd as a pillow fight would qualify for possible disciplinary action.