CFZ The pressure is on the wrong people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
All the whining, that you detest, is no different from the whining you do practically every day in every 'hater' comment you make.
Back to my original point. I’m on the right side of the argument, trying to be positive. You’re on the wrong side, becoming bitter with your hate. See, I’m trying to help you out but you can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OP has major JDS, every single day we get to hear the same old tired spiel.
Two points:
1. I believe I’m just reacting to the “same old spiel” coming from the owner/GM. If we were getting different results I would feel differently.
2. It’s an opinion forum man. I support your right to love what Jerry gives us if you choose.

I post a lot opinions that have nothing to do with our owner. There are some positives with our team for sure. I have been supportive of our drafts and the good work Will McClay does. But I cannot pretend that the biggest problem the Cowboys face is NOT in the owner’s box.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve been over it. Jerry’s going to do Jerry things no matter how much people complain. It’s the definition of insanity to keep on whining about it thinking it will change.
Yep. It is insanity if we continuing supporting the product this owner has produced this era .

You can’t keep eating at a restaurant you think suks .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two points:
1. I believe I’m just reacting to the “same old spiel” coming from the owner/GM. If we were getting different results I would feel differently.
2. It’s an opinion forum man. I support your right to love what Jerry gives us if you choose.

I post a lot opinions that have nothing to do with our owner. There are some positives with our team for sure. I have been supportive of our drafts and the good work Will McClay does. But I cannot pretend that the biggest problem the Cowboys face is NOT in the owner’s box.
The thing is, everyone knows this. I don’t think anyone here thinks otherwise. We hear it every thread. Gets old when everything is negative especially when a new season is starting and it’s a new team. Some let their hate take away from their enjoyment of the game. Negativity breeds negativity. It’s a downward spiral and proof is this forum.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Back to my original point. I’m on the right side of the argument, trying to be positive. You’re on the wrong side, becoming bitter with your hate. See, I’m trying to help you out but you can lead a horse to water but can’t make him drink.
Rock I really appreciate you. You are truly a full blown Cowboys fan. And I fully support your right to express your Cowboys opinions here (within the rules) as you choose.

I also believe you would agree that any of us have the right to express Cowboys opinions that don’t align with yours. That is actually what makes our forum work.

I have certainly been critical of the owner/GM. It’s not “personal” or hate. My criticism is 100% based on the playoff results we have been getting. If Jerry could prove “his way” works, I would be on board. But we have 28 straight years of receipts to the contrary.

We can always agree to disagree and still be fellow fans.
:thumbup:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all know what a “ Silver Forum” thread looks like. A ghost town as fans aren’t generally interested in just cheering their team on in a fan forum.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fan forum traffic which fuels revenue from advertisers is driven from discussion which is generally based on criticism and venting frustrations from the results and issues of the day.

If fans are looking for a more positive environment there are other online sites like bloggintheboys and FB has several sites I follow as well.

But not much activity with interaction amongst fans . If you’re happy with everything there’s not much to say.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I’ve been over it. Jerry’s going to do Jerry things no matter how much people complain. It’s the definition of insanity to keep on whining about it thinking it will change.
It's also insanity to pretend none of this exists and that this year will be any different.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yea it’s amazing we still some some fans out there drinking our owners kool-aid.
It is not really about drinking kool-aid. It is about dealing with others expressing their opinion.

Scratch that. It is not really that either.

It is about dealing with others continuing to express their opinion by disagreeing with their differing opinion 10,000 times AND calling them names for not doing what they want. Hater. Pollyanna. Namecalling on the flip side of the same coin.

I get it. I really do. I was forum police BEFORE becoming a forum cop. I did similar stuff all the time too.

However, there should come a point in which people asks themselves: How long will I stay on this crusade against my fellow members? It is not necessary for a mule to kick anyone upside their head for basic reality to finally set in.

No discussion arena, CowboysZone included, hosts singular thought minus emotion. This place is also here for people to vent... about the Dallas Cowboys. Is it a place where we just go after each other day-after-day because one person likes Dak Prescott? Another person does not like Prescott? One person likes Micah Parsons? Another person dislikes Parsons? One person likes Jerry Jones? Another person dislikes Jones? One person likes Rowdy. Another person dislikes Little Nicky?

Hater! Pollyanna! Hater! Pollyanna! Hater! Pollyanna! Hater! Pollyanna! Hater! Pollyanna! Hater! Pollyanna! Hater! Pollyanna!

Okay. That person is a Hater! That person is a Pollyanna! Guess what? We get it! We have always gotten it! We got it YEARS ago!

It's Monty Python And The Holy Grail on steroids. And CowboysZone DOES NOT HAVE a killer bunny rabbit!

/rant

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep. It is insanity if we continuing supporting the product this owner has produced this era .

You can’t keep eating at a restaurant you think suks .
I don’t support the owner. I’ve been very critical of him from time to time. Just not 100% of the time Like the haters.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where I disagree with you Rock is IMO it does matter that fans express their frustration with the results we keep getting. IMO it is not “whining” to speak the truth about why we are in this 28 year playoff drought. And one thing is 100% certain. Nothing will change if Cowboys fans continue act like “Jerry’s way” is ok.

We‘ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs and 8 different DCs since our last divisional playoff win. And 29 different drafts. And one GM. To me not speaking out is like pretending everything is ok as it is. No one has to agree with that of course. But I’m just being honest.

To me continuing to believe that somehow after three decades of the same old playoff results Jerry is going to “get it right” is insanity.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where I disagree with you Rock is IMO it does matter that fans express their frustration with the results we keep getting. IMO it is not “whining” to speak the truth about why we are in this 28 year playoff drought. And one thing is 100% certain. Nothing will change if Cowboys fans continue act like “Jerry’s way” is ok.

We‘ve had 6 different HCs, 8 different OCs and 8 different DCs since our last divisional playoff win. And 29 different drafts. And one GM. To me not speaking out is like pretending everything is ok as it is. No one has to agree with that of course. But I’m just being honest.

To me continuing to believe that somehow after three decades of the same old playoff results Jerry is going to “get it right” is insanity.
But no amount of complaining about Jerry is going to change anything. All it does is ramp up the negativity. How about talking about the young guys fighting for a roster spot?

fivetwos

Reaction score
At the end of the day no one on this board has any right or authority to tell Jerry how he wants to run his business, it is his 100% right to do as he sees fit. He can have all the fun in the world as it is ALL his to have. All of you haters also have the right to run your family business as you see fit. It’s really quite simple, stop watching, stop supporting, buy Jerry out Or just stay miserable.
That’s about as fundamentally inaccurate as it could be.

No one has the right to, as an example…barge into his office and torture him for days, but anyone and everyone on this board has the right to attempt to tell Jerry how to run his business and/or be critical of it. Amendment uno.

The Dallas Cowboys are bigger than Jerry Jones, and personally I don’t WANT to stop supporting something I love just because they are run poorly, so I come here and vent…….the proper place to do so. I didn’t climb on someone’s roof with a bullhorn.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
The pressure is on the wrong people in the Cowboys organization. Healthy organizations hold the people at the top accountable for results. If they don’t get the results desired they are replaced. Not in Big D.

Here the owner holds mid and low-level people accountable for mistakes made at the top. It’s completely dysfunctional. Here’s the undeniable truth of all healthy organizations: If the people at the top are not held accountable, you can have no accountability anywhere else in that organization. This the foundational flaw that makes all of this 28 year playoff drought so maddening.

I‘m all for putting pressure on coaches and players to perform at the highest level with focus, discipline and execution. Those men are professionals. Good leaders hold everyone accountable for results. But if they themselves are not accountable while the mid and lower level people are, it creates an organizational cancer that left unaddressed just festers.

As a lifelong Cowboys fan I want this team to win every game every year including this year. But I also have to be honest when I look at this organization and think, “Will this year be any different?” I just can’t say “yes” until something changes. I will happily be wrong if a miracle happens.
Oh look, another thread complaining about the owners. How original...

Status
Not open for further replies.