Tiger gives up $750M in divorce settlement

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3448547 said:
This.

It is amazing that some people actually think there is a man alive that is "happy" to shell out $750M.

He may not be happy about it but he puts at risk alot more in a nasty divorce that he can't win. I'm sure Tiger and his lawyer discussed both options and right now Tiger is trying to rebuild some semblance of a reputation. I'm sure even his critics will say he was more than generous in this agreement which will make him a little less of a scumbag in their eyes and when you figure a good portion of his cash comes from endorsements that make even more worth his while to pay out this lump sum and just move on with his life from there.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3448530 said:
We've seen your pics. Trust me, worrying about some gal taking you for a bundle is FAR from the only reason, bro'sssssss!

jealousy

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3448567 said:
He may not be happy about it but he puts at risk alot more in a nasty divorce that he can't win. I'm sure Tiger and his lawyer discussed both options and right now Tiger is trying to rebuild some semblance of a reputation. I'm sure even his critics will say he was more than generous in this agreement which will make him a little less of a scumbag in their eyes and when you figure a good portion of his cash comes from endorsements that make even more worth his while to pay out this lump sum and just move on with his life from there.

That may be true but I am with bbgun, I would probably go to court for that type of money.

Like I stated before, Kobe Bryant was accused a rape, which is one of the nastiest things you can be accused of and once he won a Championship, all was forgiven.

Once Tiger Woods wins another green jacket, nobody will care about his infidelities.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3448530 said:
We've seen your pics. Trust me, worrying about some gal taking you for a bundle is FAR from the only reason, bro'sssssss!

Man, that's just wrong :laugh2: .

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3448537 said:
I honestly don't see how she is entitled to a quarter of $1 Billion just because he cheated on her.

Technically, $750 mil would be 3/4's of a billion bro.

:p:

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3448537 said:
The statement in "bold" is my point. You believe one way, I believe another, it's all really speculation in the end, unless you are Tiger Woods.

I personally believe he pursued her for her looks.

But it's not all just "speculation". It's a judgment call based on what he and other have said, and his past history. I'm not questioning intentions because no one has access to what's in Tiger's mind except Tiger. Even if he stated his intentions, you still accept it based on how much you trust him, i.e some level of faith.

If he pursued her for just her looks, he has plenty of women to pursue for their looks based on his status. 99.9% of people are attracted to beauty. It's human nature and not the exception.

I honestly don't see how she is entitled to a quarter of $1 Billion just because he cheated on her.

If he cheated on her once or twice. Probably, because you could assume a minor slip into sin or what have you.

With 17 different women? He dug his own gigantic hole because he couldn't avoid their holes.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Can we all at least agree that Elin is pretty Hawt (and rich)?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3448573 said:
That may be true but I am with bbgun, I would probably go to court for that type of money.

Like I stated before, Kobe Bryant was accused a rape, which is one of the nastiest things you can be accused of and once he won a Championship, all was forgiven.

Once Tiger Woods wins another green jacket, nobody will care about his infidelities.

This ensures she is never to do interviews, a book, movie or any other public statement about Tiger. If she does according to what I have read she will lose most of that money. Tiger will recouped his loses, he has a new golf course he is building he is still raking in big money from Nike and will have many other opportunities to regain sponsors as this is put behind him. In an ugly divorce case and tell all books it could very well cost him more in the long haul.

According to a London Sun report (via FOX News), Tiger Woods is shelling out a record $750 million in a divorce settlement to wife Elin Nordegren and is not allowed to let any girlfriends near his kids, daughter Sam, 3, and son Charlie, 1.

He can only reportedly bring a new woman into their lives if he marries her. Meanwhile, Elin gets her cool chunk of change in exchange for never speaking publicly about the alleged affairs or the divorce.

A friend says, ""Elin is desperate to protect the children from the womanizing side of their father ... Elin's legal team have done a great job digging up all sorts of assets. The price of the huge sum is her silence: no interviews, tell-all books, or TV appearances about this for the rest of her life -- even if Tiger dies first -- or she'll lose the lot."

Nordegren will apparently get sole physical custody of the kids but the legal custody will be split, which means she cannot relocate the two children to her native country of Sweden.

Elin's friend continues, "Elin admits that despite everything, Tiger loves his kids and has been a decent dad. She is confident he will not pursue seeing the children that much, due to his work and lifestyle."

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3448593 said:
This ensures she is never to do interviews, a book, movie or any other public statement about Tiger. If she does according to what I have read she will lose most of that money. Tiger will recouped his loses, he has a new golf course he is building he is still raking in big money from Nike and will have many other opportunities to regain sponsors as this is put behind him. In an ugly divorce case and tell all books it could very well cost him more in the long haul.

I understand your point, it's just that $750M is a lot of money and it hard to believe you wouldn't try to fight for some of that.

But as you stated, he has his reasons.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3448642 said:
I understand your point, it's just that $750M is a lot of money and it hard to believe you wouldn't try to fight for some of that.

But as you stated, he has his reasons.

I'm sure this is something Tiger and his lawyers discussed. No doubt this is a ton of money but evidently have weighing the pros and cons they felt this was the best thing.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3448592 said:

I think she's remarkably average.

I also still think Tiger Woods is the man, even if he needs a personality coach in the worst way.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Joe Rod;3448592 said:

I personally don't think she is all that but I tend to like dark haired women.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maikeru-sama;3448692 said:
I personally don't think she is all that but I tend to like dark haired women.

Very interesting comment :laugh2:

Oh wait ......