TO Forced to Apologize to Eagles & Teammates...*merge*

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Not all of them, who was there for him?

Aikman? .. yes.

Who else, was there another one?

Mayb, I forget.

But don't say "his teammates still supported him" meaning ALL of them.

I did not say all I said many or them, teammates can understand a mistake in judgement but they don't handle being ripped to the media by one of their own. Sorry there is a bit of a differance and I'm not condoning what Irvin did but he never blasted teammates to the media. TO did it in San Fran and is now doing the same cr@p in Philly and yes I think his action from the start of training camp and through out this season has had a negitive effect on the Eagles.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, I suppose we can wait and see if McNappie shows up at the side of TO.
Nobody is supporting TO, nor should anyone support or condone MI's actions just because he wore a:star:on his helmet.

TO is wrong.

MI was wrong.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Irvin was close to a decade ago...time to get over that. Not only that, he never threw another player under the bus the way that TO constantly does.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Just got on the board and it's amazing to look over the posts and see how this whole T.O./ Irvin comparison has dominated this thread that originally started out as a thread about a possible T.O. suspension.

IMO, LTN, hit the nail on the head.

Let me give you my reading of her post in the "Cliff notes" or "LTN For Dummies" version...Anyone who compares what T.O. is intentionally doing to hurt his team to what Michael Irvin did in the mid 90's that, unintentionally as a side consequence, hurt the Cowboy team, ain't got a clue about human behavior!! :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Nobody is supporting TO, nor should anyone support or condone MI's actions just because he wore a:star:on his helmet.

TO is wrong.

MI was wrong.

Nobodies arguing this point. However, Michael Irvin is not Terrell Owens and there is much opposition to your comparison of the two. This is clear.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

TO is wrong.

MI was wrong.

Your right they are both wrong but when you get down to it, it is not how their actions affect the fans it is how their action affect their teams. Fans can holler all they want pro or con on this and it does not amount to a hill of beans but it does matter how if effects those guys in that locker room.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
Well, both of these guys are human and they both are pron to mistakes unlike yourself. :cool:
:lmao2:

Getting a little personal aren't we, I thought we were talking about TO & MI.

Trust me, I played sports and I've coached sports, so I know the meaning of team.

I have many faults, but I can say I have not nor would not do what either of these guys did to their teams.

Try and leave the personal slams out of this if you want to be taken seriously.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Just got on the board and it's amazing to look over the posts and see how this whole T.O./ Irvin comparison has dominated this thread that originally started out as a thread about a possible T.O. suspension.

Let me give you my reading of her post in the "Cliff notes" or "LTN For Dummies" version...Anyone who compares what T.O. is intentionally doing to hurt his team to what Michael Irvin did in the mid 90's that, unintentionally as a side consequence, hurt the Cowboy team, ain't got a clue about human behavior!! :D

You guys mentioning Irvin need to read this over and over and over and over again!

playit12

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
That's not how it works....I'm not going to explain it to you...you won't understand.

I played division 1 ball for four years...in the first few months...in practice you develop team chemistry....you fight and battle together. You have each others back....unless you've been there and bleed together...you have no clue.

If a player pulls this crap...he gets his arse beat....and I'm not lying about that...i've been square in the middle of that. You don't cross that line.

TO is WAY out of bounds calling out the organization and team mates....period!

Wow that's a lot of Nostalgia for one post. I could almost hear Glory days playing in the background.

Seriously though, a few of you seem to be taking this awefully personal and it's really not to me, so I'll leave this thread with my position pretty much stated. Back to players that are on the Cowboys.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
:lmao2:

Getting a little personal aren't we, I thought we were talking about TO & MI.

Trust me, I played sports and I've coached sports, so I know the meaning of team.

I have many faults, but I can say I have not nor would not do what either of these guys did to their teams.

Try and leave the personal slams out of this if you want to be taken seriously.

I said you don’t make mistakes...how was this a slam? Someone who has made many mistakes in life doesn’t hold past mistakes of others over their heads. What Irvin did hurt himself more than it did the team. Hell, we had 3 Super Bowls already. I think the Irvin past history is a cheap shot.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Owens and Irvin

Terrell Owens made his strange comments after a reporter asked him what he thought of Michael Irvin talking about how much better the Eagles would be with Brett Favre at quarterback. Is this the same Brett Favre who threw five interceptions against the Bengals last week?

Owens should have defended Donovan McNabb. But Irvin should say something intelligent if he's supposed to be an analyst.

Posted by Richard Durrett http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 2:20 PM (E-mail this entry)

Change of opinion

At one point during training camp between trips to the beach and various night spots, I suggested the Cowboys should make a play for Terrell Owens when he becomes a free agent, as expected, in the off-season.

I've changed my mind. He's such a locker room cancer that it dwarfs his immense talent. His latest comments about Donovan McNabb are a joke, and I wouldn't even want him on my fantasy team.

Posted by Jean-Jacques Taylor http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 12:45 PM (E-mail this entry)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Nobodies arguing this point. However, Michael Irvin is not Terrell Owens and there is much opposition to your comparison of the two. This is clear.
I'm not comparing the two.

Someone posted they had never seen one player do so much to negatively affect his team, and I just ask if they remember MI.

Both hurt their team.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
Let me give you my reading of her post in the "Cliff notes" or "LTN For Dummies" version. :D

Party pooper. :D

That was the hard copy of my entry in Jim Rome's next clone smack-off.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I'm not comparing the two.

Someone posted they had never seen one player do so much to negatively affect his team, and I just ask if they remember MI.

Both hurt their team.

This, to me, would be a clear attempt to compare the two. I don't even know how it could be argued otherwise.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
That's fine, I think it ignorant when people can't see what Irvin did to his team.

They are compared to each other because they are both screwups.

He disrespected his teammates and let them down with his Miami "thug" "hood" crap, ... and the lockerroom split. Some supported him, some didn't.

Their actions were different, but they are both selfish.

I find it amusing that ignorant fans support Irvins actions.

I never claimed what Irvin did wasn't bad.

But you replied to PortlandCowboy's quote "I've never seen an NFL player cause this much distraction...ever."

You replied with: "Were you not a Cowboys fan in the mid-late 90's when Irvin pulled all of his crap?"

Obviously implying that Irvin was just as bad as TO. THAT is why I replied. Not because I thought what Irvin did wasn't bad, but because what Irvin did wasn't nearly as bad as what TO has done and is doing.

How the team get "Brought down" by Irvin being with strippers and cocaine in a motel when half the team had probably done the same thing themselves? Again, I am NOT saying that it's ok to do that. I'm trying to get you to view the difference through the eyes of teammates.

If you'd been through countless games with McNabb over the years and them some guy with a reputation of being a "Cancer" comes in and starts bad mouthing that QB, don't you think that would have MORE of a negative impact then what Irvin did?

How could the team consider Irvin a "Cancer" when he was, BY FAR, the hardest working player on the team? They know he just happen to get caught doing what probably half the team had done in the past anyway. Yes, he hurt the team, but NO he wasn't a Cancer to the team.

A "Cancer" is someone that hurts the team just by being on the team. Irvin only hurt the team when he wasn't allowed to be with the team (suspensions).

The difference is obvious, IMO. You should be able to see it.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Guarantee you, T.O. has been told one more incident and he's toast.

I personally want him on their team the rest of the year because the longer he stews and creates dissension, the better it is for the Boys.

Kilyin

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:

They are both egomaniacs (Irvin still is, and admits it) who ultimately hurt their team with their actions off the field. All the embellishment in the world doesn't change that. TO hasn't missed a game yet due to his antics, and he hasn't broken the law.

LaTunaNostra said:
Irvin's displays were celebration of youth, athleticism, and team spirit; TO's merely glorification of the self, chest thumping parodies of the thrill of sports.

Showboating in the endzone is showboating regardless of who is doing it. It's not an act of "youth, athleticism, and team spirit", it's an ultimately selfish assertion of dominance to draw attention to yourself and rub salt into the wound of your opponent.

Like Ditka said (paraphrasing), if you feel the need to clamor for attention when you score, then I wanna see you do it when you screw up too. Dance a jig when you drop a touchdown pass, jump up and down when you commit a drive ending penalty.