Best Album of All Time

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Kid also used to go into the used music store and argue Neil Peart v. John Bonham with the clerk there he had a crush on. Neil Peart is the correct answer there. Bonham fans can save it because I’m not even hearing it.

Dave Lombardo /caseclosed

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really love these off-topic threads that cause me to stop, think and reminisce

It is really hard to come up with a single best album simply because music, like food or wine or travels, evokes memories of a particular event or time. Enough mushy stuff - here are a select few of my best albums:

Born in the USA - Springsteen
Night at the Opera - Queen
Rumors - Fleetwood Mac
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
White Album - Beatles
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I really love these off-topic threads that cause me to stop, think and reminisce

It is really hard to come up with a single best album simply because music, like food or wine or travels, evokes memories of a particular event or time.

That is the greatest thing about music! It has the power to transcend you back through time and reconnect you with all the great memories you made along your journey. Or, maybe even bad memories, but even the bumps in the road in life shape who you are today (as long as it was not a traumatic expereince).

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

It is really hard to come up with a single best album simply because music, like food or wine or travels, evokes memories of a particular event or time. Enough mushy stuff - here are a select few of my best albums:

Born in the USA - Springsteen
Night at the Opera - Queen
Rumors - Fleetwood Mac
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
White Album - Beatles
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf
:confused:,,,other than 'Cadillac ranch& Born in the U.S.A.,,, Springsteen can continually POUND SAND DAILY ever since he espoused political from his platform :rolleyes:,,,er,,,IMOo_O

* other than my strafing run on THE
' bruce',,,THIS IS A great honest&insightful posted list , Colorado:)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That is the greatest thing about music! It has the power to transcend you back through time and reconnect you with all the great memories you made along your journey. Or, maybe even bad memories, but even the bumps in the road in life shape who you are today (as long as it was not a traumatic expereince).
Yep. To this day, there are songs I still listen to fairly often that almost always take me back to when I was growing up. The funny thing is that, more than anything else, a certain song can actually bring back to exact state of mind as the memory it brings, and make you feel like you did then, and it makes the world a bigger place again.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:rolleyes:
David Allen Coe,,,wrote the mostest perfect country song,,,figured you'd of caught wind of that,what,with after all yer' laps around the track:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

o_O
I did and used to have to listen to that. Of the 25 years I spent in radio, I had a country station all but 4 freakin' years. Back in the day, there was more of a stigma attached to country for ad agencies and they had this "image" in mind. It was my job to dispel that "image" all the while seeing that "image" at every remote broadcast.

Quick story. It's 1986 and I've been working on this guy that owns the BMW dealership and it became a cause for me, I wasn't giving up. I finally got him to consider my station because of my staff. I had knockouts on the street and he thought if they listen, hmmmmm. Unfortunately for us, he wanted a remote to test it out but he said he'd make it an event to help it out.

He was building a new structure for his secret dealership next door and it was a dust bowl. He set up grills and was doing dogs and burgers and we're standing there discussing some future biz and we see this old Pontiac come screaming across the dust bowl and as it slows down the driver turns it and the dust flies all over us and this guy was a snappy dresser. This is unfolding in a surreal fashion and all he, my sales rep, also dressed to nines, and I can do is stand there.

There's this woman that weighs at least 300lbs with this ham hanging out the window that used to be an arm and as she turns to yell at 2 of the 6 kids in the back seat, we can see she has about 4 teeth, and I a assumed those were her own. The back door flies open, these two ragamuffins emerge and attack the table where the burgers and dogs are and take all but 3 dogs and when they get back to the car she yells "Elroy, git dem" pointing at the 3 remaining dogs. Elroy promptly returns and since he has another available hand, grabs as many bags of chips he can carry. He drops a bag by the owner's feet and he just bends down, picks it up and hands it to him with this blank look on his face. Then she guns it, spreads a little more dust on us and rips across the Sahara and onto the road.

Well, you can imagine what's going through my head, this was my worst nightmare. My sales rep starts to laugh uncontrollably and I think she might have gone over the edge and I look over and the owner is in tears he is laughing so hard. He told me I would have paid double just to see the look on your face. I asked him if he set that up and he's laughing so hard all he can do is nod no. My sales rep is laughing because I spend every sales meeting and training session impressing on them that is not the country audience.

Ok, that was a longer story than quick but that depends on how fast one reads and if they have to stop and apply Chap Stick. The story has a happy ending though. After the remote, the real time to gauge the effectiveness, they sold some units to people that heard it and they did not resemble that rambling wreck of humanity and one was his attorney.

21 years of country and I still can't stand it but I have been known to put on some Johnny, Waylon and Willie and throw down some longnecks. If I am going to listen to country, I want the real thing, not this Nashville crap they're shoveling the last 15 years.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've been trying to actually join this conversation of topic, but wow, it's incredibly difficult. Taste is so subjective and especially with different generations. I finally decide on one that would be deemed best, in my opinion, and then I second guess myself. haha

I. Just. Can't. Do. It! *shaking and crying uncontrollably in the corner of his computer room*

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did and used to have to listen to that. Of the 25 years I spent in radio, I had a country station all but 4 freakin' years. Back in the day, there was more of a stigma attached to country for ad agencies and they had this "image" in mind. It was my job to dispel that "image" all the while seeing that "image" at every remote broadcast.

Quick story. It's 1986 and I've been working on this guy that owns the BMW dealership and it became a cause for me, I wasn't giving up. I finally got him to consider my station because of my staff. I had knockouts on the street and he thought if they listen, hmmmmm. Unfortunately for us, he wanted a remote to test it out but he said he'd make it an event to help it out.

He was building a new structure for his secret dealership next door and it was a dust bowl. He set up grills and was doing dogs and burgers and we're standing there discussing some future biz and we see this old Pontiac come screaming across the dust bowl and as it slows down the driver turns it and the dust flies all over us and this guy was a snappy dresser. This is unfolding in a surreal fashion and all he, my sales rep, also dressed to nines, and I can do is stand there.

There's this woman that weighs at least 300lbs with this ham hanging out the window that used to be an arm and as she turns to yell at 2 of the 6 kids in the back seat, we can see she has about 4 teeth, and I a assumed those were her own. The back door flies open, these two ragamuffins emerge and attack the table where the burgers and dogs are and take all but 3 dogs and when they get back to the car she yells "Elroy, git dem" pointing at the 3 remaining dogs. Elroy promptly returns and since he has another available hand, grabs as many bags of chips he can carry. He drops a bag by the owner's feet and he just bends down, picks it up and hands it to him with this blank look on his face. Then she guns it, spreads a little more dust on us and rips across the Sahara and onto the road.

Well, you can imagine what's going through my head, this was my worst nightmare. My sales rep starts to laugh uncontrollably and I think she might have gone over the edge and I look over and the owner is in tears he is laughing so hard. He told me I would have paid double just to see the look on your face. I asked him if he set that up and he's laughing so hard all he can do is nod no. My sales rep is laughing because I spend every sales meeting and training session impressing on them that is not the country audience.

Ok, that was a longer story than quick but that depends on how fast one reads and if they have to stop and apply Chap Stick. The story has a happy ending though. After the remote, the real time to gauge the effectiveness, they sold some units to people that heard it and they did not resemble that rambling wreck of humanity and one was his attorney.

21 years of country and I still can't stand it but I have been known to put on some Johnny, Waylon and Willie and throw down some longnecks. If I am going to listen to country, I want the real thing, not this Nashville crap they're shoveling the last 15 years.
I like some of the 80's and 90's country, like Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, Dwight Yoakam, Garth Brooks, and Conway Twitty, but this stuff that's been dripping down ever since Shania Twain arrived is cookie cutter crap. (Your daily dose of alliteration)

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The Waylon and Willie album is one of my favorites and, as much as I generally dislike the so called "super band" genre, I really love the Traveling Wilburys. However, I am hard-pressed to list anyone above Johnny Cash. From his unique voice to his creative guitar style to his lyrics, he was a genius.

Melonfeud

Reaction score

BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

OH,YOU OL' TRACK LAPPIN' MO-FO!
you had me on the "brink of the edge" of clicking that banishment casing-liner of 'ignore' in yer' very first paragraph of reply:)lmao2: ,,,glad my groovitude overruled)
Cuz' this is about the most visually hilarious of a " minds eye " pictured post,,,I've ever read posted on this forum:lmao2:

:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Tough call best album but one of these for me;
Revolver
Physical Graffiti
Close to the edge
Wish you were here
Montrose 1st album.
Who composed/ put together "close to the edge"?,,, & I'm only asking out of 'forum concern' cuz' yer' a MONTROSE fan,,,o_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

* it's another Jim Beam Sunday Morning, Friend*

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like some of the 80's and 90's country, like Alan Jackson, Travis Tritt, Dwight Yoakam, Garth Brooks, and Conway Twitty, but this stuff that's been dripping down ever since Shania Twain arrived is cookie cutter crap. (Your daily dose of alliteration)
What kind of a truck driver would you be if you didn't like some country?

There are some country anthems that I never tire of, "Amarillo By Morning", "Ring Of Fire, "You Were Always On My Mind" and my wife's and my favorite to sing along to when he'd had one too many, "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma". And I always liked Ronnie Milsap because I saw him when he was rockin' Memphis. And I was especially fond of Juice Newton.

I grew up with Big Band and Sinatra and my wife grew up with Classical, Eddy Arnold, Chet Atkins, Floyd Cramer and Boots Randolph. Her favorite country artist was George Strait, hands down. He's the Country Sinatra.