News: ESPN: Claiborne demoted, skips walk-through

brickman

Reaction score
Fine his a**. Sit him on the bench and let him know that the inmates are not running the prison. Either that motivates him or if not, you see if you can get somebody hard up enough to take him off your hands.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Before or after he has a good cry and comes slinking back to the facility?

Hopefully he remembered to take Mr. Cryceratops with him after he walked out on his team :(

cryceratops_42c96f_2459410.jpg

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Did he really think everyone would forget about his terrible performance because of one interception? And really, that's because the WR did not continue his route. Mo has been really bad ever since his first game. Wasn't that only his 2nd or 3rd pick of his career? And his first was a deflection in Seattle in 2012. He can't play zone and then can't jam receivers at the line. He's useless.

Whether or not Jerry just added to the fire is another story but still does not hide the fact that Mo is hurting our team. Heck, Carr is, too but this is our No Fly Zone gents. They made this nickname not after they were established but before they ever took a snap as a Cowboy. Clowns.

Cosign
... somebody just said on the Ticket " ... ain't no crying in football".
He's putting nails in his coffin with the fans as the minutes go by.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bubbles reacts to the news...

Mo is getting demoted...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/Bubbles2_zpsa941c21a.gif

Mo stormed out of the facility and skipped practice...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/bubbles_zpsf1c7cdff.gif

Oscan is taking Mo's spot as the starter....

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/decent_zpse1791dff.jpg

Ren

Reaction score
He can either get better from this and use at as motivation or whine his way of the team and out if the league. I think it's safe to say he's a bust at this point so a crappy attitude about it isn't gonna do him any favors when he's searching for a new team

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Problem: Mo plays like crap, not just last game, but for a while now.
Solution: Demote him and put someone in who will play better.

Not sure what the additional problem is here. Isn't this problem solving 101?

stiletto

Reaction score
Problem: Mo plays like crap, not just last game, but for a while now.
Solution: Demote him and put someone in who will play better.

Not sure what the additional problem is here. Isn't this problem solving 101?

Exactly...Claiborne just pulled a classic "I'll take my ball and go home" and no one really gives a crap....

Nation

Reaction score
Suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team and make a showing that at least terrible players aren't allowed to walk over the team

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
That's fine. It's normal. The guy has been "the man" on every team he's played on since probably little league. Struggling on the field then being demoted can be crushing, some deal with it better than others. Either he'll suck it up and improve to revive his NFL career or he'll sulk the rest of the year and become an NFL memory. It's really an easy decision for him after the emotions fade away.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Claiborne's problem is he's soft both mentally and physically. He hasn't progressed in his technique to a large degree and locks toughness. He also lacks top end speed and doesn't appear to have the instincts/anticipation to make up for it. Also can't tackle worth a lick. I think he excelled for the most part when in college because most receivers were smaller and less athletic them him and he was playing with a stud team. Not the case here. He is certainly our third best cornerback and isn't close to the first two. I'm actually not sure Sterling Moore isn't better right now. Plays with better technique and is stronger and apparently more coachable.

DiResta

Reaction score
this is a defining moment in his career. what will he do?

he should call up Phillip Tanner and get some advice. Tanner said before he would show up early just to wear his uniform longer and enjoy the moment. recently he said he would take out the trash, whatever for a chance to play. not entitled and definitely hungry right?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/multim...he-Trash/87ed0d6b-fcc4-4f8a-8c34-8601c60ef284

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4712939/phillip-tanner-im-a-company-guy

“I wasn’t really all into, ‘Why didn’t I play?’” Tanner said. “It was a coach’s decision. They tell me J-Ran is going in and I say, ‘Yessir, coach.’ I’m a company guy.

Asked if he was confused by the lack of playing time, Tanner said he can’t get caught up in that sort of thinking.

“That’s not my job,” Tanner said. “My job is, when they say, ’34, go in,’ go in and do it to the best of my ability.”

That’s exactly the kind of attitude head coach Jason Garrett expects from Tanner, who has carved out an NFL career after being an undrafted afterthought in his rookie training camp.

“Phillip always responds the right way to stuff,” Garrett said. “Whether he gets an opportunity or doesn’t get an opportunity, he always seems to make the most out of it. Those are the kind of guys you want on your team.”

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Exactly...Claiborne just pulled a classic "I'll take my ball and go home" and no one really gives a crap....

... at least the fans who care about opposing receivers marching up and down the field at will on his side of the field.