Ezekiel Elliott real contract numbers

aikemirv

Reaction score
If you follow the logic of a negative WAR, it means that if Dallas cut Zeke and he could be signed by any team in the NFL for the minimum, no team would sign him.

What a joke.
All I have to do is watch the Cowboy/Ram playoff game to know what value Zeke has in this offense. They stopped him and Dak had open WR's all day long. With the plays he had available, we were right there with them even though our defense could not find the RB. Could have easily won. The metric of yards of separation for Dallas Receivers that day was in the 3 yrd range - it was crazy. And they tell me Zeke did not show up - they are really clueless!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All I have to do is watch the Cowboy/Ram playoff game to know what value Zeke has in this offense. They stopped him and Dak had open WR's all day long. With the plays he had available, we were right there with them even though our defense could not find the RB. Could have easily won. The metric of yards of separation for Dallas Receivers that day was in the 3 yrd range - it was crazy. And they tell me Zeke did not show up - they are really clueless!
Elliott got taken right out of the game by design. So as much as some think it was all him "slowing down" at the end of the season, it was just as much on the O line. And, with regard to clock control, the defense was gassed allowing 275 yards rushing....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That contract is so much more manageable than I imagined it. Good for both sides.

Plankton

Reaction score

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/ezekiel-elliott-real-contract-numbers.439244/page-5#post-9399929

giphy.gif

Them

Reaction score
...all in all...for now...I'm just glad he's back!...:starspin:

coult44

Reaction score
WAIT $63M guaranteed instead of $50M!?!?

WHO THE HELL CAN POSSIBLY THINK THIS IS ANYTHING BUT AN AWFUL CONTRACT!?!?!?!

"We can cut him after five years with no hit". Yeah the same with every single ****ing contract in the NFL, but most are 2-3 years max. Yet that's being celebrated? Jesus.

Or we can keep doing things your way and win some more super bowls in 30 years

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Couldn't the same thing be said to those who say Zeke will be a dominant back for the next 5 years?
Surely.

However, he’ll be 28 in 5 years.
His production could drop 35% going forward and he’d still be as productive as guys like Gordon, Thurman Thomas, marshall Faulk, Jamall Charles, John riggins were over the entirety of their careers.

coult44

Reaction score
I would agree if Zeke weren't so ineffecient in just about every manner. Which wasnt all Zeke's fault.

When you use a bellcow back they wear down, just like Zeke does, and they become less effective. If you dont use them properly, like Linehan, they become less effective. If you make a player do stuff that isnt within his strengths, such as receiving, they become less effective. If you call incorrect plays at the incorrect times, like Linehan, they become less effective.

Should Zeke be better this year? Yes unless Moore is somehow more incompetent than Linehan. But that's the beauty of RBs you don't invest market shattering money into them, you invest in their coaches, their playcallers, and their surrounding talent and that's what drives 90% of a RBs effectiveness.

They’ve done all of that in the past few months.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Until you see how the yearly figures break out, we have no idea how manageable it is.
Remember when you gave me the business about my opinion that Elliott won't miss any games? ;)