First 39 Starts of career- Romo/Prescott

Little Jr

Reaction score
That's not the point here though. The point was raised that people used to defend romo much like they are defending dak. Or to be more precise there are Dak-a-holics who blame everybody but dak, and people used to do the same with Romo. Well the quarterback is less likely to be the problem when he can put up big numbers like that. So the argument is more likely to be true.
The article you used was actually was a bad one. It was sexy because it was a game Romo threw for 500 yds and a way to prop Romo up and mention Dak struggles to throw for 200. There were many other games for you to mention that Romo threw for less yards, multiple TDs and no ints. But this one was a bad one. He threw for 500 yds but threw a pick with less 2 min which was virtually the game ending pick. So what good did the 500 yds do? Like I said , look at what Romo was playing with that day compared to what Dak has now. It's not close. That was also when they were throwing the **** out if the ball. Dak will never be the gun slinger like Romo and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Plus our team is built different and isn't pass happy like they was back then to get that 500 yd game. The next year, 2014, we changed to more of a 50/50 team. Most will say that was Romo best year . That was also his lowest passing yds per game in his career. So throwing for 500 yd games isn't a must and doesn't mean if a qb throws for 500 yds he's less likely to blame than one who throws for less than 200. If one throws for 5 tds , 500 yds and the game ending pick and the other throws for 150, no tds and no ints and the team loses , they both are equally to blame .

Edit: sorry I didn't paragraph this out but i just got through watching my son's high school film from tonight and I'm tired and going to bed. Lol

Whyjerry

Reaction score
no, I am a cowboy fan,not a dak fan....if he can't be good for cowboys, then there is the door, don't let it hit you on your way out.

I am a Cowboys fan too. Lots of other blame to go around but if you want to heap it on Dak, you go there sunshine.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This is solid work.

I am very much in the same boat as you. Dak's weapons this year have been terrible.

In week one, we had a set with about the worst skill positions ever on the field at the same time.

I think we had Thompson and Williams as our WRs, along with Swaim and Jarwin out there, and Rod Smith split wide.

Dak was bad last season also. He had Dez, Cole, and Jason.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Romo took more chances and was rewarded with more TDs and INTs. Dak is significantly more conservative.

IMO the biggest issue with Dak is he sees the rush a bit too much. I’ve noticed times he’ll get happy feet and speed up his delivery when he senses any kind of pressure. Dak not having a big arm needs to have a good base to make accurate throws so speeding up his delivery often leads to inaccurate throws.

I see Dak developing into Alex Smith type QB. A good game manager that won’t lose games for you but he’s also not going to put a team on his back and win many.

GMO415

Reaction score
It appears either Romo had a better OL or Dak ain't getting rid of the ball fast enough.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I am a Cowboys fan too. Lots of other blame to go around but if you want to heap it on Dak, you go there sunshine.
I don't deny that there is need for improvement across the board....but Dak bears a lot of it as a QB, whether we like it or not. he is the QB, he controls more than anybody else in the game on offense. he touches the ball every snap and every pass.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't deny that there is need for improvement across the board....but Dak bears a lot of it as a QB, whether we like it or not. he is the QB, he controls more than anybody else in the game on offense. he touches the ball every snap and every pass.

He is early in his third year. Please point to other QBs in history that had as good of a start as Dak. Please point that out. I know he has regressed some. I believe it is more of the environment rather than Dak.

I still believe he is a good QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He is early in his third year. Please point to other QBs in history that had as good of a start as Dak. Please point that out. I know he has regressed some. I believe it is more of the environment rather than Dak.

I still believe he is a good QB.
I am sure this is about his first year and 13-3....show me Qbs that went from 13-3 to 9-7 and then 3-4 and were good QBs? come on dude...stop milking 2016, its two years ago....

the same flaws that he has had his first year, he has today. bad footwork, inaccurate, inconsistent, except the team and those around him aren't as strong as 2016 thus Dak is exposed. He can't lift a team unless things are PERFECT around him. He has to have a great TE, great WRs, Great OL and a great RB to succeed. any part missing and he is below average. we have seen this happen right in front of our eyes....

Dak is a bus driver. a low risk taking bus driver.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
Let's compare fairly here. Romo was not prepared and did not start until year 4. the jury does not begin until then.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Too comprehensive of a stat?

Oh,...you would rather use rating which has turned into a joke?

Did I mention passer rating? That can be just as deceiving. I don’t judge QBs solely on stats. I watch them play...and I pay particular attention to how defenses game plan for QBs/offenses. That tells you more about which QBs are feared/respected than any stats do.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Did I mention passer rating? That can be just as deceiving. I don’t judge QBs solely on stats. I watch them play...and I pay particular attention to how defenses game plan for QBs/offenses. That tells you more about which QBs are feared/respected than any stats do.
:hammer: Qbr is a shady stat