News: It is official! Zeke suspended 6 games **merged**

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldoputty

Reaction score
LOL.

It wasn't Elliott's friend who said this. It was the victim's own friend. Her buddy.

And, as later reported, there were other witnesses there who also testified what she said happened on the 22nd didn't actually happen.

But keep trying.

shhhhhh
let the Giants fan have some fun, he needs it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Okay so, I'm going to sum up a bit from the NFL statement and all the evidence that has been made public

What we have

- Text messages of the girl asking her friend to lie to Zeke's lawyer and police
- 6 witness saying they didn't see Zeke abuse her
- Friend saying she got into a fight with a girl

NFL statement

- Some of the bruises may have occurred when she was with Zeke
- They can't 100% prove it's Zeke, but they side with her
- They are not saying Zeke didn't cooperate, and it wasn't a factor in his suspension

How is anyone okay with this ruling? I completely understand the NFL isn't the court of law, but you would think they should stand by how the court of law works, because it makes sense. These players have a public image, they have money and a career on the line.

If they are not near 100% certain, there is no reason to be suspending players. And all these fans of other teams will be laughing and thanking this ruling, eventually, something like this will hit one of their players. Every NFL fan should be speaking up about this.

Nothing in the NFL statement showed they have sufficient evidence to say Zeke did it.

haleyrules

Reaction score
How are the players not furious over this decision? Between Brady and now Zeke, it's obvious that once the league has you under investigation, then any semblance of due process goes out the window. They reach a conclusion at the outset of the investigation and draft a report to support their predetermined conclusion.

It's time for the players to start speaking out against this. Every Cowboys player that gets interviewed during a game needs to be talking about this. The NFL front office didn't seem to have a problem with players disrespecting the national anthem. Let's see how they feel when those protests are directed against them.
Amen. Thats exactly what they should do and the Players Association should be screaming about the league FO!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
OK Jerry! Time to get to work!
Vitamin----Can someone tell me...if zeke appeals and or goes to court do they let him play until resolved?..like Brady got to wait a year?..this way we can play Giants with Zeke?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
CONTEXT is important, not two or three texts... I'm talking about the full transcript of the conversation, which the NFL league has seen and you and I have not...,

The "CONTEXT" is there, genius.

It states Zeke's laywer is about to call, her friend asks her if he wants her to lie about the abuse, SHE SAYS YES.

What more context do you need? Haha

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The #1 thing Zeke can do is appeal, serve the reduced suspension, return and dominate the league.

The #1 thing the Cowboys can do is stay focused on football, prepare and refuse to discuss it with the media, and win every game during Zeke's suspension.

No, the #1 thing Zeke can do is try to get his name cleared and call out the NFL for their apparent BS.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Then what is your argument? Seemed to me like you've been emphatically claiming he's guilty.

People on here don't know the difference between a criminal case and a civil case, just because he wasn't charged, doesn't mean he didn't do anything....I just think he should appeal, what ever the outcome, serve the suspension and move on, clean up your act off the field and stay out of trouble....four independent concluded from the evidence collected, evidence I don't have access too that he was 50.1% guilty in their eyes under the code of conduct policy of the NFL, so take your medicine and move on..I haven't concluded that he is guilty or not, I don't have the evidence the panel had, just that he should put it behind him and move on!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Goodell is the judge. It's not done in court. It'll last a couple of days and be over.
erod----Can someone tell me...if zeke appeals and or goes to court do they let him play until resolved?..like Brady got to wait a year?..this way we can play Giants with Zeke?

Sydla

Reaction score
I'm not the one conflating criminal court and civil or in this case NFL code of conduct policy...and snips of reports of selective texts when you don't know the context or in some, there's hours between the texts..what happened in those hours, were there other texts, you don't know nor do I, I'm just not making the conclusion that it's conclusive she lied CONTEXT IS IMPORTANT...The NFL apparently has all that evidence from many sources of phones and came to the conclusion from the four independent outside panel that reviewed all of the evidence that there was enough evidence under their code of conduct to suspend him, end of story....

It's embarrassing for you now.

There is no additional context for these texts or the witness statements. It's very clear in the texts the alleged victim asked her to lie about what happened. Further, she confirms that in a signed affidavit.

Further, let's point out that you got caught not knowing your facts. You believed the texts didn't exist. You also believed the witness who backed Elliott was Elliott's friend. You believed the potential banishment was just a reporter saying something that wasn't true despite the fact it was clearly written in the letter the NFL sent to Elliott that you kept telling people to read because apparently they don't know the facts of the case.

But other than that, you are doing a great job.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If Elliott is indeed innocent of what he has been accused of, I hope that Thompson is held accountable for it. The legal system didn't follow through on it, but I would hope that he would civilly sue her for defamation of character.

If he is indeed guilty of what he was accused of, then six games is a pittance. If I owned the team, and he was indeed guilty, he'd never play another down for my team again.

With the statement from his lawyer, it seems as if he will follow through and fight this. Good for him if he's innocent. This kind of crap can't be allowed to happen if it's based on a lie. Hope he's telling the truth here.
If he had hit a man would he still play for,your team even though in most cases lets face it the man is not as strong as Zeke either? Just asking out of curiousity.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
how much more context do you need? are you really this dense?

you're probably a blast at parties

And do you remember Baltimore police shooting, He had his hands up,don't shoot, and that he was shot in the back.....how did that turn out, all turned out to be a lie in the end!! Don't believe everything you hear or read without the full context, that's what I'm saying!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So much for that rushing title, Zeke. Nice going.
erod--- OH man i am so upset...i am close to tears.....all the suspensions we have all the time....makes me upset...do we still have a chance against Giants?......what i dont

understand is why did Brady get to wait a year before being suspended through court system but Zeke may not have that option?.....oh man i am so upset...I may have to

go cry for a while...i know that sounds like a baby...but what else can a man do?

Reactions: CWR

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
You know how you avoid that?

Make better choices on to whom you want to get into a serious relationship with.

Yes, Michael..I'm sure he will realize that in the future. Unfortunately, he is a human being and can be prone to mistakes like the rest of us.

Sydla

Reaction score
More then that I"m afraid based on what I heard this afternoon. Metadata from her phone when she took pictures of the injuries detailed the exact date and time of the photos. They could then back into other texts between Zeke and her that showed he was there right before she took the photos of the injuries. If indeed true, they have proof UNLESS someone else injured her right after Zeke left and she then took the photos. I wouldn't call her a perfect witness. They did determine she lied about other injuries and asked friends to testify about those injuries and they did not. IMO in a court of law he would have never been convicted because there is evidence she tried to in some cases to get folks to lie for her. NFL standard apparently isn't beyond the shadow of a doubt as they say..

And I am sure that's the logic the NFL is using. They have pictures that are time stamped and they have metadata and other information that has Elliott with this girl around those times.

However, if I take a picture of a bruise on my arm right now, it doesn't mean I got it just now. I may have gotten it two days ago. Further, per Elliott's attorney, it seems the NFL medical expert at least admitted that some of the bruises and injuries in question could have happened before the alleged incidents. Further, in one example, there are multiple witnesses who said the girl got in a fight only an hour or so before meeting Elliott that night.

I agree that the NFL standard isn't beyond a shadow of a doubt, but they still have to have a reasonable justification. Elliott and his people believe they can poke holes in that justification and based on what I have read, I believe it's worth the battle.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Yeah, I hate losing him for any games but maybe he needed this to grow up. I don't know that he's guilty of any crimes but he has shown some poor judgment. Hopefully this is his wake up call.

Still hate the way the NFL administers these things but it is what it is at this point.

I hate the NFL hierarchy as much as anyone. However, I hate stupidity even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.