FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
That's a good one, Montanalo!

Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles! I've finished my first 3 or 30 radiation treatments. I'm going through it to kill all hints of Merkle Cell in my left arm. I was blessed that it hadn't spread to my body. I'm currently sporting permanent marker stripes all over my arm. It's like connect the dots, but they didn't. Each mark has a little plastic rain coat over it That is about all I've been up to of late. Unless anyone wants to hear about me feeding squirrels and birds. I didn't think so. Have a good rest of your weekend everyone.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles! I've finished my first 3 or 30 radiation treatments. I'm going through it to kill all hints of Merkle Cell in my left arm. I was blessed that it hadn't spread to my body. I'm currently sporting permanent marker stripes all over my arm. It's like connect the dots, but they didn't. Each mark has a little plastic rain coat over it That is about all I've been up to of late. Unless anyone wants to hear about me feeding squirrels and birds. I didn't think so. Have a good rest of your weekend everyone.
Thanks for the update @Xelda. I had to Google Merkle Cell Carcinoma; sounds nasty, but is entirely treatable if caught earlier. All the best and... please keep the updated coming!

Regarding your connect-the-dot arm, what are your thoughts on a full arm tattoo??

:D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did not know you were fighting this. Keep that great attitude and nothing but good thoughts coming your way.

Xelda

Reaction score
Did not know you were fighting this. Keep that great attitude and nothing but good thoughts coming your way.
Sorry for not replying earlier Coachadoodles. It's all something of a blur. I've developed a rock and roll sleep schedule. This new development seriously clashes with medical schedules. They want me up so danged early for appointments and I'm challenging them every step of the way. Sort of like pulling teeth out of a rampaging lion. I will not go quietly. I would like to compliment my iPhone for the tender mercies of twelve snoozes. My old clock would give up on me. I'm up early today because I made the mistake of eating my cooking Sunday and going to bed at 6 yesterday evening with an upset stomach. I got up before 6 am and wasn't sure if I was really awake or not. I guess I am. Could probably use an extra shot of caffeine.

My surgery in February removed all the cancer but they tell me Murkle Cell is stubborn and radiation will protect me in this arm it pops up in. A side note on that is all last year I kept telling my doctors there was a knot above my elbow. Every one of them said keep an eye on it. So it grew. The good news is I'm basically cancer free right now. I'm just being punished for growing something I wasn't supposed to grow. I have 4 1/2 weeks to go. Getting all this wrapped up before UGH summer hits with both feet.

All the stories I'm getting about the Cowboys are getting my hopes up. I already know better than that, but my hopes are lifted anyway. I am such a hopeful goober! Come on Cowboys!

Have a good day Pops and Popsadoodles!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry for not replying earlier Coachadoodles. It's all something of a blur. I've developed a rock and roll sleep schedule. This new development seriously clashes with medical schedules. They want me up so danged early for appointments and I'm challenging them every step of the way. Sort of like pulling teeth out of a rampaging lion. I will not go quietly. I would like to compliment my iPhone for the tender mercies of twelve snoozes. My old clock would give up on me. I'm up early today because I made the mistake of eating my cooking Sunday and going to bed at 6 yesterday evening with an upset stomach. I got up before 6 am and wasn't sure if I was really awake or not. I guess I am. Could probably use an extra shot of caffeine.

My surgery in February removed all the cancer but they tell me Murkle Cell is stubborn and radiation will protect me in this arm it pops up in. A side note on that is all last year I kept telling my doctors there was a knot above my elbow. Every one of them said keep an eye on it. So it grew. The good news is I'm basically cancer free right now. I'm just being punished for growing something I wasn't supposed to grow. I have 4 1/2 weeks to go. Getting all this wrapped up before UGH summer hits with both feet.

All the stories I'm getting about the Cowboys are getting my hopes up. I already know better than that, but my hopes are lifted anyway. I am such a hopeful goober! Come on Cowboys!

Have a good day Pops and Popsadoodles!
I prefer when they give me early morning appointments, especially when they don't want me eating after midnight!

I wish you the very best of luck, doll, and hope you stay cancer free!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Off-the-wall question: how has the past few years changed (or, not) your retirement investment strategy? Personally, I have become much more conversative - no longer have any investments in crypto or small cap. And, I stopped day trading. If it was up to my wife, we would take all the retirement funds in cash or gold and bury in the woods near our house (preferably, near some bear habitat).

Xelda

Reaction score
I prefer when they give me early morning appointments, especially when they don't want me eating after midnight!

I wish you the very best of luck, doll, and hope you stay cancer free!
We can tag team them. You get them in the morning and I'll take the evenings.

Off-the-wall question: how has the past few years changed (or, not) your retirement investment strategy? Personally, I have become much more conversative - no longer have any investments in crypto or small cap. And, I stopped day trading. If it was up to my wife, we would take all the retirement funds in cash or gold and bury in the woods near our house (preferably, near some bear habitat).
Nothing has changed here, Montanalo. Don't listen to your wife, I watched Breaking Bad and burying money cost Hank his life. Bears ate him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I always go back to 2007 and 2008 when stock market was around the 6-8,000 level with the Great Recession and think about how much I’ve made since . These last 15 years the Market has grown about 4 folds which helped me retire early.

For those looking for immediate returns now I’d suggest some CD’s with investment firms not banks which are paying 4-5% with 12-15 month terms. I recall back in the 70’s, 80’s and into the 90’s where CD’s were paying closer to 10% and we had our money tied up in different banks instead of the Market which was in the 1500-2000 range.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Briefly, I’m sure many of you have heard of the partial building collapse in Davenport, Iowa. It made and continues to be updated on the national news along with our local coverage. This is the same City where the floods were so bad a couple years ago that I posted here about.

The building in question is actually two blocks from the building I work in. That same landlord owns our building (we sold to him a year ago) and let me just say, from our personal experience here with the problems we’ve had over the past six months the characterizations of the landlord and his companies and management team are not over embellished. In fact, if anything, they were understated. Recent interviews of parties having had past interactions and dealings with this particular group of people have shined a bit more light on the inadequacies of this group. So far the media is getting this one right.

Hope you all are safe and doing well. Have a great weekend.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Briefly, I’m sure many of you have heard of the partial building collapse in Davenport, Iowa. It made and continues to be updated on the national news along with our local coverage. This is the same City where the floods were so bad a couple years ago that I posted here about.

The building in question is actually two blocks from the building I work in. That same landlord owns our building (we sold to him a year ago) and let me just say, from our personal experience here with the problems we’ve had over the past six months the characterizations of the landlord and his companies and management team are not over embellished. In fact, if anything, they were understated. Recent interviews of parties having had past interactions and dealings with this particular group of people have shined a bit more light on the inadequacies of this group. So far the media is getting this one right.

I hope your desk is under a doorway! :laugh:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

At the very least, it seems the building collapse would trigger a civil eng review of other buildings owned and managed by the same company.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Friday dad joke:

Why did Star Wars episodes 4, 5 and 6 come before episodes 1, 2 and 3?

Because directing, Yoda was

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Saturday morning Pops and Friends

My grandson has graduated to Chuck Norris jokes:

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding

Chuck Norris sleeps with a gun on top of his pillow

Chuck Norris can stand faster than most people can run

Silly, i know, but it is our weekly routine to exchange goofy jokes. Makes me feel a bit closer to him even though they live so far away.

We have had a cool Spring so far. Night time temperatures in the low 50's and day time highs in the low 70's... perfect.

Hope everyone is doing well this early June

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Saturday morning Pops and Friends

My grandson has graduated to Chuck Norris jokes:

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding

Chuck Norris sleeps with a gun on top of his pillow

Chuck Norris can stand faster than most people can run

Silly, i know, but it is our weekly routine to exchange goofy jokes. Makes me feel a bit closer to him even though they live so far away.

We have had a cool Spring so far. Night time temperatures in the low 50's and day time highs in the low 70's... perfect.

Hope everyone is doing well this early June
Chuck Norris doesn't need Twitter; he is already following you.

Chuck Norris can bake a cake in the freezer